roberry/shooting in La Mulatta

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Trying to pull the facts out of this..............cork reported an incident of yesterday, family with 2 children, part of La Mulatta unspecified, dog shot. SKY reported the incident of 2 weeks ago (German victim now recovering) which occurred in La Mulatta 2. Two incidents in 2 weeks, no fatalities, assailants armed on both occasions. Correct?

How many posts do I have to make on the same topic? This happened yesterday afternoon. I am done posting on this topic, no one listens or understands anyway.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This happened yesterday afternoon. I am done posting on this topic, no one listens or understands anyway.

Patience, young sir :). I was responding to Chris the Mod saying

And having kept up with this thread almost post by post, I still don't know the facts. This 'he said', 'she said' business is confusing.

Thank you SKY, I think I'm now clear - 2 incidents yesterday plus one on Camino Llibre 2 weeks ago. So three incidents in 2 weeks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thank you SKY, I think I'm now clear - 2 incidents yesterday plus one on Camino Llibre 2 weeks ago. So three incidents in 2 weeks.
My understanding is that there was one event yesterday in La Mulata, reported by both Cork and Sky, and the other was 2 or 3 weeks ago, up on Camino Llibre.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My understanding is that there was one event yesterday in La Mulata, reported by both Cork and Sky, and the other was 2 or 3 weeks ago, up on Camino Llibre.

Finally a voice of reason. One incident, one shot, for now anyway. We are looking for the perps and when they are found, well you figure it out.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Finally a voice of reason. One incident, one shot, for now anyway. We are looking for the perps and when they are found, well you figure it out.
Please take pics, if you do find them so that we can enjoy the show too.
Nothing could be too cruel for animals who commit crimes of this nature.
Nothing !

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Ah! OK - I hadn't grasped that SKY's and corks were the same event, given the differences reported. One incident yesterday, one a couple of weeks ago............finally, I'm with the programme :)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ah! OK - I hadn't grasped that SKY's and corks were the same event, given the differences reported. One incident yesterday, one a couple of weeks ago............finally, I'm with the programme :)
Well, not quite, lol.
That's just my understanding of it all, so if I'm wrong, so are you.:bunny:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm glad some of you are with the programme/program.

Can someone confirm ... "..one event yesterday in La Mulata, reported by both Cork and Sky, and the other was 2 or 3 weeks ago, up on Camino Llibre."

J

John Evans

from all this i think we can conclude that unless you are the victim ..perhaps its best not to become a second-hand reporter.
I actually know of another incident two weeks but im not going to report it here since I beleive its up to the victims of the crime

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
John,
I tend to disagree with you on that. Posting personal details of a serious crime is not right... posting general info on the area and what is known to have happened I believe is appropriate.

The newspapers don't carry a lot of these stories... and for residents & prospective residents it helps to be aware of what's happening & where.

I hope that these incidents are not going to be the norm in the future and the silence we hear soon is due to nothing to report, not due to people remaining silent.

Just my 2 cents.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
from all this i think we can conclude that unless you are the victim ..perhaps its best not to become a second-hand reporter.
I actually know of another incident two weeks but im not going to report it here since I beleive its up to the victims of the crime
There is some validity to what you say.
One would want to respect any friend's right to privacy.
Then again, if you have a strong sense of responsibility to your community, you could ask the victims if they minded you posting the info, and if agreed upon, what info they are comfortable in releasing.
As well, you could also tell a story that you know to be factual omitting any details that might inconvenience the victims, so as to forewarn those who live in the area.

J

John Evans

what i meant was the facts get distorted when relayed through another person

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
what i meant was the facts get distorted when relayed through another person
They frequently do, but one can recount a story in such a fashion that it does not induce anyone into error.
You can say, I know......
And I think......
I hear that...... but have no proof.
The rumour is.......
It's all about your choice of words.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
When in doubt don't report as fact, ask a question to verify. And remember Who, What, When, Where, Why and How as far as possible.

'Knowing' of an incident is entirely different from 'hearing a rumour' or 'someone said in a bar'. And if one 'knows' then it can be helpful to share in an unemotive, factual sort of way. If there are any interpretations put on events it can be helpful to make clear those are the poster's opinions about the event, rather than the substantive data itself.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
To report crime in La Mulata area call 829-890-5009

A few people interested in their safety showed up at Las Canas today where they were introduced to Capitan Contreras. The most important thing he did was to give his phone number so if we see anything unusual, like someone loitering around your house or street, you can call and officers will be sent, immediately. Though many of us have heard this kind of thing before, I think we have to have faith and see how this works out. It won't take long to know if it is working.

To call Capitan Contreras, personally, 829-890-5009. He understands English. Give simple directions and simple description of what is happening.

We need to take responsibility for ourselves by making note of this number, instructing our families what to do in case of emergency and put this number in every cell phone we have access to.

Lets be proactive and kick the la drones out of La Mulata and Sosua! We can only do that by everyone one of us sticking together!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I believe DR1 is very useful as a source of information among residents. Of course, sometimes there are inaccurate parts, and it gets cleared up afterwards, but the exchange of tips & infos in invaluable for us.
I don't know about the Sos?a folks, but for us in Las Terrenas, it helps a lot to read the reports about crime (or other subjects...) posted on DR1.
The Dominican press is not very informative, not very interesting, so such a board is priceless...
But you don't make an omelette without breaking the eggs... Sometimes some clean up has to be dome in the amount of infos... SO be it.