Sad day in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
I am totally stunned and the hairs on my neck are literally stood on end as I read this awful news. I can not add anything that has not been said before.

Deepest condolences Colleen.

Fireguy1

Jan 16, 2006
Im still having a hard time with this one. I spent January in the Sosua area and was at Mark and Colleen's almost daily. They were a great source of information about the area, where to dine, where to go to find what you needed. And Mark and I had the pleasure of some time together when he was not behind the bar but on the other side of it. I will remember the pleasure he got the day before I left when I gave him an Edmonton Fire Department T-Shirt. You are sadly missed buddy.

Fireguy1

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
I'm very sad to learn of Mark's tragic death. My heart goes out to Colleen, his family, close friends and the Checkpoint staff. I remember many pleasant times at the Checkpoint. Mark was a great guy and a fabulous host. Like so many others have already said, I will miss him.

Sincerely,
Ben

Janine

Jun 3, 2007
It?s been 4 days since I learned of Mark?s death and I still don?t think it?s sunk in that he?s really gone. I?m so very stunned and saddened by this horrible tragedy. I?ve known Mark for 26 years, since he first arrived in Vancouver from Simcoe, Ont. I could write pages about this wonderful man. We hadn?t been in touch much over the last 15 years or so. A phone call once in awhile and then Colleen?s blog page always kept me up to date. My family and I all send our most deepest sympathies. Our hearts and prayers go out to Colleen and Madeline and their family. Be strong. Mark is with his Mum and Tony now.
May he rest in peace.
Janine
in Calgary
XO

Last edited:

SosuaNatalie

May 30, 2007
Greg and I wish we were in Sosua today for the Memorial service. Our thoughts are with you Colleen and everyone else down there..

wannago2dr

Jun 2, 2007
What can be said that already hasn't? I never knew Mark, but feel as though I did through the photos and comments made on the many different sites I have visited. Colleen, take your memories and let them guide you out of this terrible time.........please don't let this horrific incident claim more than it already has. GOD BLESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.