Shooting in Zona Colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I understand what you are saying and I think people may have taken what you said a little too seriously?!

I find a lot about this Country incredibly sad.

These are DR1 regulars, they often do their best to take things as they wish which is often not as intended, or even more often desperately to heart so they have a reason for the evening. And besides, those who rattle on about diversity yet can not accept alternative opinion, rather hypocritical which has already been pointed out by another poster.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Did you seriously just write this. The only problem with the Dominican Republic is that it's full of Dominicans?

That was the Apex of ignorance, even for DR1.

You know what would make the Dominican Republic a "better place to live and go about business and enjoying life"?

Running all the anti-Dominican Bigots off the island. I go there to get away from people like you.

haha.... life imitating art:

[video=youtube;W6LusNuhPXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6LusNuhPXc[/video]

Sep 4, 2012
Your point of being a superior being is moot, you by any means are not. That one who measures superiority is indeed inferior to what he/she pretends to measure or compare to, stay in your cave and spare us inferior beings the lecture. You as proven, can't provide anything to society.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Do the cops now get free donuts????

have you ever had a dominican donut? probably this was what cracked open the head of that dude in zona colonial (if anyone remembers how we started). so probably the answer is: yes, cops get fee donuts. as good as a bullet but bigger. what's not to like?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Your point of being a superior being is moot, you by any means are not. That one who measures superiority is indeed inferior to what he/she pretends to measure or compare to, stay in your cave and spare us inferior beings the lecture. You as proven, can't provide anything to society.

Ok dearest, I have pointed out I don't care enough about this matter or these people to stay out of my cave too long on the point. Although your frustration is obvious I can understand how painful it can be to have someone else realise your insecurities, god bless.

So, this thing made this evenings news, anyone tune in tonight? I don't watch the news, anymore, makes life easier no knowing how much disaster and death occurred today.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Bad Strategy

And as for leaving if I am no fan of Dominicans? Well, I don't have to like all the people live here. The reality if you took the Doms out of the republic it would be a much much better place to live and go about business and enjoying life.

Evidently you weren't smart enough to choose the right country to live in.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
The thief died, very good. Unfortunately the cops who shot him are still alive. They are the same sh#t, somebody has to kill them too.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Thinkest, Robert left the DR for numerous reasons. One being us bunch of Idiots pushing our individual crap..
Same deal applies. If you don't like the DR. Get out!!! If you can't, shut up.
Suggest any DR1 meetings require a valid passport.

Thinkest, Robert left the DR for numerous reasons. One being us bunch of Idiots pushing our individual crap..
Same deal applies. If you don't like the DR. Get out!!! If you can't, shut up.
Suggest any DR1 meetings require a valid passport.

Why would someone who does not like stuff about the DR shut up?!
I would like to know one person who does not complain about the Country they live in??!!!!
Seriously I would wonder about someone who does not complain about this Country who lived somewhere else before!!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
shooting

It happens a lot on that stretch of Duarte from Sirena down to the Conde. I remember one day seeing the police chase a guy down Duarte and hearing a shot. Before I could even process what happened, the California store had its door shut and the metal gate pulled down. People scattered from cafes across the street. Everybody reacted automatically. I've seen it before. I think it's because Duarte is a direct path from Villa Francisca and San Carlos down to the Colonial Zone, it's not a good mix.

Police just shot young guy on Duarte and Mercedes who evidently was robbing someone.
His brains were all over the street
Another day !!!!!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Is a forum not for this exact reason, to speak your individual crap?

I'd rather say if you can't accept other peoples individual crap then don't log on to DR1, we're individuals and so this will not change any. Unless people feel we should all have the same views, then things would be extremely boring and the site wouldn't get half as much traffic.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I am Dominican and can unequivocally state that we suck. If you look at economic data we should be a power house but we cant even keep the lights on. I could go on for days but all i can say is 1 down 8 000 000 to go. Our upperclass can stay and some white cibaenos. Haitians can do the work because the rest of us are useless, the dregs of humanity

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am Dominican and can unequivocally state that we suck. If you look at economic data we should be a power house but we cant even keep the lights on. I could go on for days but all i can say is 1 down 8 000 000 to go. Our upperclass can stay and some white cibaenos. Haitians can do the work because the rest of us are useless, the dregs of humanity

some white cibaenos? like Hipolito?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Sorry, but don't you think you're all being a bit sick here? This is a person who was desperate for food, a mother has just lost her son. Show some compassion please. I really can't stand why you bother to live here if you have such a negative opinion of Dominicans.

This is what happens when a person becomes "institutionalized" There are many stages of becoming institutionalized, and if you want to enjoy life or make a life in DR you would have to place your mind in confinement.

My brief time living in Santo Domingo I notice how Dominicans are not as friendly as people make them out to be. I would say people in Austin Texas, Seattle WA, and Santa Fe, New Mexico far more compassionate then people in SD.

If you are not a thief and you live in a place where stealing is considered the norm it will change you.

If you are a honest person, spending a large amount of effort trying to decide who is lying and who is telling the truth will change you.

To live in SD you have to become three type of animal:

A male lion that does nothing but sleep, have sex, and allow the females to do most of the work. Being males are the only respect they need.

A rabbit that is too timid to open its mouth and only comes out for food. Then once he has enough food he runs back into his hole so no harm can come to him.

A BIG walrus that lay on the beach and live not to far from the beach and is content on being a walrus.

JMB773 is a "Bald Eagle" and enjoy the laws of the USA that are in place to protect me and I like to fly way above and look at all the sh*t from a far.

When a Dominican decides to hunt a lion, rabbit or a walrus the only thing standing in their way are the police that spills a man brains all over the street for a petty crime.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
rumor has it they were aiming for the baguette. Lucky shot I guess. Bizzar story. Why would you have a kill shot for robbery. Over zealous police or don't believe in maiming, unless robber was pointing a weapon at them and then that is usually what will go down.

LTSteve

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Evidently you weren't smart enough to choose the right country to live in.

Best post on this thread!!!

I understand the need to blow off steam and rant about something stupid you saw but after years of doing that doesn't it eat at you? Why live in an environment like that?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Best post on this thread!!!

I understand the need to blow off steam and rant about something stupid you saw but after years of doing that doesn't it eat at you? Why live in an environment like that?

I guess some people are just stronger than others and don't need to run away. Take the benefits at its worth and disconnect from the annoyance, do your best to get along in your surroundings. Is that not what life is about in general, no matter where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.