Smoking in the DR

Bowen

Nov 21, 2013
Smoking is injuries to health and may lead to major health issues so we must quit smoking for a healthy lifestyle. Smoking has harsh effects on your skin, effect your stamina and may lead to depression, obesity and cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancer.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Non smoking and personal cleanliness are two wonderful qualities that we like about Dominicans but we fail to mention when we do our monthly thread about what we like about the DR. Smokers should be given a fine for littering everytime they throw a butt on the street. NYC store owners/landlords/homeowners are given expensive fines for not picking up those butts fast enough. Many people consider persons that litter to be LOW LIFES.

More importantly Good Bless Lemisol

6469081481_c2d9d2b318_o.jpg

CCCC Tom, How many smelly Dominican woman have you met? :)

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Non smoking and personal cleanliness are two wonderful qualities that we like about Dominicans but we fail to mention when we do our monthly thread about what we like about the DR. Smokers should be given a fine for littering everytime they throw a butt on the street. NYC store owners/landlords/homeowners are given expensive fines for not picking up those butts fast enough. Many people consider persons that litter to be LOW LIFES.

More importantly Good Bless Lemisol

6469081481_c2d9d2b318_o.jpg

CCCC Tom, How many smelly Dominican woman have you met? :)
you get 100% agreement from me there, Luperon. say what you will about Dominicanas, but in 25 years of exposure to Dominican women, i cannot remember one who was not fastidious about her personal hygiene.

Aug 6, 2006
I used to smoke, and all it did was make me slightly dizzy after that first cigarette in the morning, make me cough a lot of the time and give me an annual case of bronchitis. Plus, it was expensive. Two weeks after quitting, tobacco smoke started to smell awful to me. I think ex-smokers who find the smell annoying are at the forefront of those who want smoking in restaurants and other public places banned.

CCCC Tom, How many smelly Dominican woman have you met? :)[/QUOTE]

I agree, Dominicanas are always clean and never stinky. Not many smoke, either.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
f**k lemisol! this is like putting a mix of mint mouthwash and bibaporu on your punnany. this stuff stings, hurts and is VILE.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Since the Mayor of New York City kicked the smokers out of the bars and stairwells most smokers smoke on the streets. This sucks because you can't walk five feet without smelling cigarette smoke these days.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Actually I did find one "Dominicana" that needed a good wash!
One out of more than a thousand ain't bad!!!

"Bowen is a "Spammer", "Bowen Is A Spammer","Bowen Is A Spammer"!!!!!!!!!
My "Spam Detector" Never Fails!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dandman

May 17, 2004
I am not aware of many Dominicans smoking, most Americans are accustomed to not smoking in public areas where it is prohibited in most cities but the Europeans smoke non stop and everywhere. They even smoke while they are eating. I dont think they even realize that it brands them as being uneducated and uncouth.

Agree that it is nice to witness so few smoking, regardless as to why.
I despise the nasty habit! Always have, always will.
Calling them lowlifes also doesn't bother me.
Never had anything in common with a dirty smoker.
When meeting a new person, you can usually tell if they are dirty smokers within 5 minutes.
Cut from the same cloth.
Nasty .......
No cure for stupidity.

I can tell before they speak b/c of the wrinkles around the mouth! One of the best things about the DR except in tourist areas is the lack of cig smoke!!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I stopped smoking about a month ago, I won't say quit because I am no quitter. Since then I have had a constant cough from deep in my lungs. Must be all that crap coming back up and out. Just starting to go away now and I was not a heavy smoker by any means. I would not want to see the crap coming out if I was a heavy smoker. Time will tell wether I go back. Maybe just the occasional smoke for old time sake

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
You can tell when I'm drunk because I chain smoke, but regular day to day living I can't stand second hand smoke.
I would go as far as some of you who apparently want smokers stoned, but I agree, kissing an ash tray mouth is revolting, unless drunk.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I am not aware of many Dominicans smoking, most Americans are accustomed to not smoking in public areas where it is prohibited in most cities but the Europeans smoke non stop and everywhere. They even smoke while they are eating. I dont think they even realize that it brands them as being uneducated and uncouth.

Oh God, I love it when people generalize a whole continent...

You do realize writing the BS above just confirmed that you are a stupid, uneducated, uncouth, ignorant asshole who give Americans a bad name.

Do you actually know where Europe is?

Why don't you try a refreshing way to look at people... judge them by who they are, not their nationality, or continent, or beliefs, color, etc...

It might be an eye-opener for a bigot with the limited braincells you possess.

Cheers,

BelgianK

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
HR, and therefore all Europeans are uneducated and uncouth?

I think you are more intelligent than that.

BelgianK

HR, and therefore all Europeans are uneducated and uncouth?

I think you are more intelligent than that.

BelgianK

NO NO I did not mean that at all!!!!

I just meant that I notice Europeans and French Canadians smoking a lot around where i am eating in Tourist places.
I don't know what the rules are in Europe about smoking in places...(I will google that after i write this)
Where i am from you can't smoke anywhere not even the BEACH!! Which I LOVE!! Because i am allergic to it.
Everywhere has it's share of rude smokers!!!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
In Europe you cannot smoke in public buildings, restaurants, bars, etc... so no need to google it...

I dislike generalizations of populations, beliefs, sexual orientations, etc...

I could say all Americans are like little kids because they have to cut up their meat before they start eating, and then pick up their fork, place their elbow on the table and start shoveling it down...

I don't, because I know not all Americans are like that...

BelgianK

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I could say all Americans are like little kids because they have to cut up their meat before they start eating, and then pick up their fork, place their elbow on the table and start shoveling it down...

i'm pretty sure you described me. and i am definitely not american. because americans are...

oh. yeah. exactly ;)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Of course I did not describe you, DV8...

You are European, so much, much worse...

You smell, you chain-smoke, you are uneducated, uncouth, ignorant, show your boobs everywhere, have a hairy beaver, etc...

I know this from a very good source here... some redneck, prob from the midwest, who never left his farm, and has no clue where Europe is on the map (well, he has never seen a map in his life). He did not even know Europe existed before he read DR1. He probably forgot his great-granddaddy and great-granny came from Europe.

Oh, and he also thinks every gay, jew, moslim, and negro should be shot or hung. Thank god he is not aware of other religions or colors...

BelgianK