Spousal sponsorship to Canada.....poster Castro's process start to finish thread

castro

Jul 5, 2007
First of all, to my understanding he was told to drop of his passport which he did. And I told him to carry everything with him just in case. When he went to his appiontment they took his passport. I guess they saw that he had carried all his documents, proof of stuff we sent wedding album along with all kinds of other pics.He said he saw the application I sent with everything in it, and she asked my husband to look at the photos he had and was comparing them to the ones she had. She also mentioned that I had very high phone bills all the time. And briefly interviewed him, which they never told him he was going for an interview. Stuff like where we meet? Has he meet any of my family?, and how we talked to each othe?,and that was it. She spoke no spanish, which was fine. He speaks english well. Then the next day someone called him and told him that if he can get the reciept number from me, when I paid for the application he could have all of thi pics back. So now we are waiting for the call to pick the passport up. So with that said I really don't think he was deined anything.

Just in case anyone wants to know.

December 21 /07 last day of business.
Reopen on December 26/07 for business.

This is what they told my husband that day he was there. They also told him there was no certain day they drop off the passports to Haiti.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
I just looked on the web site that Anna posted a few posts ago, and according to the site it said the office would be closed on December 25(christmas day) and December 26(boxing day) and also January 1(New years day).

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Why they don't update info online?

Has anyone ever wondered why it takes so long for immigration to change the status of your application info online? First of all, all they ever say is check online that's the only place you can get any info. But if that's the case then why don't they take the time, and try to update the freakin thing more often. And maybe they would receive less calls and e-mails. We have finally made it to the end of this very long process, but yet nothing has changed online. The medical,or the fact that he has been approved. So for all of you out there in the same sitiuation don't give up maybe they just did'nt change or update your online status. Or you may recieve a call soon to hand in your passport. During this process I never heard or were asked to bring anything in.( they asked my husband something minor to do with his medical, but it ended up fine in the end) And it took a total of nine months to reach the end.
As hard as this whole process is why do they put us all through this, with no info, calls, or answer e-mails and so on for months. All I can say is hang in there, it will come to an end believe it or not.

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
My husband left his passport with them on Nov 26th, they told him in a few weeks too.. We are still waiting for them to call. I'm down here in DR. I so wish they call before I leave so he can finally come home with me.. Would be nice to start the new year !
Still got 2 weeks to go.. crossing my fingers

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Really.... Why such a long wait? I thought it was two to three weeks? Did they ask if you want your pics back? Did they tell him he got his visa?

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Status Change

Milagro........Has your status changed on the computer?

Mine changed to Medicals Recieved and Decision Made on December 24.07.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Call to pick up passport!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!! Well I got a call from my husband yesterday afternoon. Immgration called him and told him yesterday (New Years Eve) to come and pick up his passport the next day. But being a holiday he will be going wednesday morning!!! It does'nt even feel real, cause you wait so long.... Now we can start the New Year off together right from the start... Let's just hope he likes SNOW.....cause we just got lots of it..... No more flip flops and tank tops with shorts.. get rerady for winter jackets,boots hats,ect... Thanks to everyone with all your help during this time. I'll update you tomorrow when he gets back from picking it up:

castro

Jul 5, 2007
It took us three weeks to get a call from the time my husband dropped off his passport on Dec 12/07 and got a call on Dec 31/07 to pick it up. Not to mention this all was happening during the christmas week, when certain days the office was closed for business too, due to holiday hours.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Fantastic news Castro

I wish you all the best in the coming year. Do check into DR1 once in a while and help answer other posters questions that come here looking for visa support to Canada.

Happy New Year!! ;)

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Another letter

Well not so great.... When he went it was a letter from Haiti saying that his passport was in line. Whatever that means.... But needless to say all week we were looking for answers from anyone. Sent out e-mails, but no response. But today he was walking by the post office and they called out to him. There was a letter from immigration again. This letter was telling him that they recieved his application and that a file was created under his name and they gave him a file number. Not a B client number, and that the application is being screened right now. They also said he would hear from them soon. So whatever all that was about. Crossing our fingers....

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
a letter????

I am just wondering when immigration sent a letter to your husband and for what? Immigration has never sent a letter to my husband ...never... and this is our second application. I was approved in July by Canada and that is the only thing we have heaard, no one responds to the emails, faxes, nothing, and there is not information online for our application it still says unavailble.

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
Be patient.. That's all you need to be.. My time line is almost to the day as castro. We went together to pick up is passeport last week. It was awesome. Took me a couple hours for it to sink in.. That was the day my parents arrived for their 3months stay, so we had wonderful news to tell them..
My husband didn't come back with me, because he wanted to quit his job the proper way, train the new guy and settle all his stuff.. We were waiting for so long that he couldn't see the day where he would leave, so he hadn't prepare. I dont mind. I just spent 2whole months in the fall + 3 weeks for the holidays, mind you we got used to the long distance thing a while back.
So basically, he will stop working both at night and day around the 30th and take the week to sell his motorcycle, visit friends and family and will be here on Feb 10, just in time to celebrate Valentine and his birthday.

To all of you still in the process, don't despair, have a little more patience, your turn will come. It's all worth it.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Background check for Canadian PR

Does anyone know what a background check is? I thought that was when you did the police certificate?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
For residency.
Things change so much along the way, but believe that they need to do a check at the Santo Domingo prison system and then take that report to the Santo Domingo Fiscaleria (not sure if that's how it's called).
We are talking about the "Buen Conducto" papers, aren't we?
I hope someone who has more recent details on this, will soon chime in.
My info could be sooooo outdated.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Things change so much along the way, but believe that they need to do a check at the Santo Domingo prison system and then take that report to the Santo Domingo Fiscaleria (not sure if that's how it's called).
We are talking about the "Buen Conducto" papers, aren't we?
I hope someone who has more recent details on this, will soon chime in.
My info could be sooooo outdated.

I'm not sure what "Buen Conducto" means. But when you get the police certificate done, is that not giving them the info they need? So what is the point of the police certificate then? Or they want it in more detail. When they are paper screening your papers what are they looking at then? Proof of your relationship....

Mar 2, 2008
I'm not sure what "Buen Conducto" means. But when you get the police certificate done, is that not giving them the info they need? So what is the point of the police certificate then? Or they want it in more detail. When they are paper screening your papers what are they looking at then? Proof of your relationship....

Good conduct.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Does anyone know what a background check is? I thought that was when you did the police certificate?

Hi Castro sorry I missed your question. Do you mean a background check of your husbands PR to Canada?

Have they asked for a new one because the other one expired? Not sure how long a police certificate is good for. Have you recieved a letter from Haiti asking for more papers?