Spousal sponsorship to Canada.....poster Castro's process start to finish thread

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
running out of patience

Hi all just an update I just received a letter today from our lovely embassy requesting additional documents. They requested...

- More proofs of relationship (ie: additional photos.)
- Copies of my passport pages showing all entry and exit stamps.
- Updated police certificate for 2007
- Original birth certificates for my wife and daughter
- Original marriage certificate
- An explanation why my daughters birth certificate was registered late.
- Secondary documents of birth for my daughter (ie baptismal certificate, or hospital record...)
- Form IMMRD10-A filled out and singed (which they mailed to me with this letter)

I was proactive and completed most of these requested documents before they asked for them thanks DR1!!!! So far everything is looking good. I now have my "B" file number but I?m not exactly sure what that does. Does it provide more details on the internet when accessing my wives application? Both my wife and I are getting excited. I am confident after they receive all my requested documents they will soon schedule an interview. This is the first contact I pretty much had from them since I submitted the application last October.

This is my timeline and I did receive this same type of letter asking me for more legal documents of the same stuff i sent.. and of course more proof.. I think it's included in their template they're using.

March 2007 - Submitted papers
April 2007 - Approved to Sponsor
May 10 2007 - "in process" in Haiti
August 10 2007 - received a letter from Haiti asking for more
August 22 2007 - accepted by Qc
Even after 2 medical exams (May 06 and Feb 07).. they still havent updated the site.

All emails I sent to santo domingo or haiti never got an answer back. nada
4 times I changed his civic address + cell and still, as of today, it's showing the same old one. So I guess if he gets the call, he'll never will receive it.
I'm so happy that we have competant people working for us..

Can anyone tell me what it is they do in Haiti actually.. ???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This is my timeline and I did receive this same type of letter asking me for more legal documents of the same stuff i sent.. and of course more proof.. I think it's included in their template they're using.

March 2007 - Submitted papers
April 2007 - Approved to Sponsor
May 10 2007 - "in process" in Haiti
August 10 2007 - received a letter from Haiti asking for more
August 22 2007 - accepted by Qc
Even after 2 medical exams (May 06 and Feb 07).. they still havent updated the site.

All emails I sent to santo domingo or haiti never got an answer back. nada
4 times I changed his civic address + cell and still, as of today, it's showing the same old one. So I guess if he gets the call, he'll never will receive it.
I'm so happy that we have competant people working for us..

Can anyone tell me what it is they do in Haiti actually.. ???

Others have posted that the website is slow with posting updates.

Haiti is where the processing is done. The Santo Domingo office is used for the interview ( when one is needed) and then the interviewer returns to Haiti with to issue the visa.

Going by your timeline you are now into the 6th month and from what most people post it takes around 8 to 9 months.

Here's the poster dchenriquez timeline

September 2005 - married
October 2006 - medical done
October 23 2006 - Submitted papers
November 23 2006 - I was approved to Sponsor
March 2007 - online finally says "in process"
May 2007 - Medical Results received (update online)
June 23 2007 - update online "decision made"
June 29 2007 - visa issued and received passport
August 4 2007 - coming to Canada

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Haiti's Address

This is the address that I have from I letter that I recieved from immigration.

THE CANADIAN EMBASSY
B.P.826
PORT-AU-PRINCE
HAITI

You can also contact them by fax,mail,or e-mail.

The web site is HTTP Error 404 - Not Found | Erreur HTTP 404 - Non trouv? find on my letter))

FAX# (509) 249-9928 (not sure about 011 country code) does not show any codes before # on web site.
PHONE # 011(509) 249-8000 ( IMMIGRATION #)

OFFICE HOURS

MON-THURS 7:00 TO 15:30
FRI- 7:00 TO 12:30
Port-au-prince-im-enquiry @ international.qc.ca(found on the internet)
Hope this can help you Marxsis.
For people sponoring from Canada.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
no news?

What I can't undrestand, is why do some of us hear something and some of us don't hear anything at all ? My papers were sent in March 2007. Approved April 2007. In process May 2007. And I have never heard anything since. They have never asked me for additional info , or asked for an interview. I did talk in someone in the S.D office not too long ago , and she said that it was better not to hear from anyone. I really don't know how true this is. But they do say no news is good news. It's so funny to see the way everyone trying to sponsor someone is handled diffrent. Some of us do hear something and others are left hanging. I've tried to e-mail HAITI , but no luck. Never responed back. I guess I'll sit and wait. What else can you do....Good luck everyone.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
sorry

I just noticed that the e-mail I posted now says ERROR not found. The first time I used this site that is what happend to me. I clicked at the bottom on the site and it went through. Sorry....HTTP Error 301: File Not Found try it again!! Sorry hope it works...

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Maybe this helps

I started sponsoring my husband Aug 2006. He has now been in Canada living with me for the past 5months and I am 5months pregnant now...
here is my timeline.. Hope it helps. IT Took EXACTLY 9months and I never called to bother the embassy I just waited to hear from them....
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 22 05 - Married
July 15 06 - Did his medical examination in Santo Doming
August 1 06 - Sent FED EX to Case Processing in Toronto
August 4 06 - They recieved it
Sept 18 06 - They approved me to sponsor
Nov 17 06 - They started processing in Haiti
April 17 07 - Website stated Medical exam has been reviewed
April 30 07- Email sent to Silvestre stating to drop off his passport in SD
May 3 07 - He dropped it off and they said they will call in 3 to 4 weeks
May 14 07 - Website stated DISICION MADE they will call Sil with disicion
May 24 07 - He was called to get his Passport/visa in Santo Domingo
May 26 07 - He flew to Canada and became Permanent Residence.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
spouses waiting for the spouses to be approved

Hi there I justed wanted to know if anyone recently had any success with bring their spouses over to there country in the last couple of months? It seems like everyone is at a dead end when it comes to this whole immigration process. I have not heard of anyone in awhile, saying they did. With christmas coming, I wonder if things will slow down because of holidays?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Every country is different so I think you are asking about sponsoring a spouse to Canada correct?

When did you start the process?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Almost like having a baby isn't it?

It's not at all unusual to wait this long as it can take two years or more to obtain residency for a foreign spouse.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
finally called him to come

Actually my husband just called me tonight to tell me that immigration called him, and they want him to bring in his passport to put in the visa. So it's finally come to the end of this really long process. Thank god, cause I really could not take it any more...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Actually my husband just called me tonight to tell me that immigration called him, and they want him to bring in his passport to put in the visa. So it's finally come to the end of this really long process. Thank god, cause I really could not take it any more...

I'm glad to hear that Castro because I was thinking that if he didn't get a call very soon he would get delayed for a few more month since you're at the 9 month mark.

Congratulations and I wish you the best.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Hi Anna
From what I have read on here in the past it seems the average application takes nine months. And someone from the Haiti office sent me an e-mail and said it would take between 6-9 months from the time the office in mississuage recieved it. And the were right on the money . And we never heard from them once during the process or had to do the interview. Well actually the medical clinic called to confrim something, nothing big.........

castro

Jul 5, 2007
airline tickets

Does anyone know which airline to use, when coming to Canada? By that, what I mean is the cheapest one, and can you buy a one way ticket? Opps sorry for the typo on the title!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The OP husband has been granted a visa to Canada so it's his first trip.

Castro here is a very good post by Baileyboy below.

When Orlando flew, he left from POP. He went to Skyservice, Signature, and Air Transat. They would only sell him the ticket through Air Transat. He paid about $500 Cdn. He had to show his letter of PR, which the lady at Immigration told him no one could open until he landed in Cda. However, this is not the case, they have to open it at Air Transat when he purchases the ticket b/c they have to see he does have PR.

Also, when you hubby picks up his passport, tell him not freak out b/c there will be an expiry date on his Visa. For 3 months, I believe. He basically has 3 months to get his butt to Cda, otherwise he'll have to go through this whol rig-a-morol all over again. But they will not kick him out once he arrives in Cda, after the 3 months. They will put a big line through the Visa once he lands in Cda, so it cvan't be used again.

He'll get his picture taken when he arrives in Immigration, for his PR card which will be mailed to him about 2 weeks later.

When he gets off the plane, he'll go through the Immigration line, like everyone else, but once he gets through, he tells them he's landing in Cda for the 1st time, and they will direct him to the room behind the Immigration officers, to go and fill out his PR card info. Then he can go and hget his suitcase, and see you! Congratulations, best of luck!

castro

Jul 5, 2007
thank you Anna for the insight!!!

Thank you Anna, that's very helpful information. And aleast I now have a better insight of what he is in for. I did'nt understand how they would know how the process works over here once they landed. Now aleast I can tell him what to expect once he arrives. Thanks a miilon!!!!

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
is it true

Hi

Is it true that someone travelling from the Dominican Republic for the first time can not go through the united states to Canada. I read somewhere that it has to be a direct flight to Canada. Is this true. Congrats Castro you must be very happy, where in Canada ae you. You said it took 6 months from the time Mississauga got your application for your whole process to be complete, that is fast! I read the post about Air transat but Air transat does nto fly to where I am, I am wondering if that will maek a difference