The Gringo Report Nov. 15 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i agree in your case; however, the socioeconomic stratum from which your spouse hails is nothing like the one that most of the women alluded to in these passages call home. when you are independently self sufficient, the dynamics change exponentially.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

If a woman has been floating around for 20 years unattached, morals or not, then it is time to latch onto anything with a heartbeat before it's too late.

You walked straight into that one CB, :laugh:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If a woman has been floating around for 20 years unattached, morals or not, then it is time to latch onto anything with a heartbeat before it's too late.

Anyone who has ever met CB's wife Alida knows how very wrong you are. She's the real deal, a very special lady. Take your insults elsewhere.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Anyone who has ever met CB's wife Alida knows how very wrong you are. She's the real deal, a very special lady. Take your insults elsewhere.

Anyone with a sense of humor knows that was a joke!

I'm well aware Rob and Alida are a respectable couple.

You were saying!

(I thought the bottom and mention of him walking straight into that one pointed that out, you know for those who lack that sense of humor. Obviously I was wrong, I'll use sign posts and cartoons next time).
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
dont feel too bad. Its the Mr Nice Guy syndrome and it happens to many good caring people. Had a friend some years back had "no more Mr. nice guy imprinted on his business cards, said it helped him to remember. Just be careful to not let it make you bitter. I try and remember the old adage that "no good deed goes unpunished". Many of us have done worse. Relax and do not dwell on it and you will be fine. You are just a good person who the jerks of the world will sense and try and take advantage. It took me years to learn to say no. Now I do it with a big smile, adding its nothing personal, just business. Thanks for sharing the story and good luck.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Some women are very selective. Guess you've never met one that was selective..eh.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Some women are very selective. Guess you've never met one that was selective..eh.

Wow, so many personality and sense of humor failures down here, it's unreal. Guess Frank was right when he mentioned the few that just can't have a laugh at their own expense, :dead:

there is nothing to the post, it does not require come back. Does anyone understand the structure to humor here, I feel like I'm at a rave in a morgue! Or at least a tea party in a cemetery.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
from my standpoint....

I have to squint to see any humor there....

oblique/obtuse, I'm good at......

we'll just move on...... many of us know the person in question and may be shortsighted

thin ice, you were standing on..... unknowingly

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
you aren't that lucky that this girl of lofty morals and principles has been floating around for 20 something years, unattached, and you just happen to be the guy who gets her.

CB; I was.

In an off the cuff environment there lies a joke. As anyone who did not have a relationship for 20 years might take anyone. Being the joke is on CB, not his wife. Jeesh, remind me to wipe my feet next time set foot on DR1 turf. You guys being above the ability to have a laugh at yourselves or your friends n all.

Just saying, lighten up a bit, it's no big deal no matter who it is, that is the amazing concept of joking. Never mind, carry on being miserable:cry:

thin ice? had no idea a harmless joke could be taken so cold, unless it was intended to be taken (not meant) so cold.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
HUg
you're the one being miserable now

if you're sorry , say so

if you're , not... keep quiet and draw no more attention to the issue.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
you aren't that lucky that this girl of lofty morals and principles has been floating around for 20 something years, unattached, and you just happen to be the guy who gets her.

CB; I was.

In an off the cuff environment there lies a joke. As anyone who did not have a relationship for 20 years might take anyone. Being the joke is on CB, not his wife. Jeesh, remind me to wipe my feet next time set foot on DR1 turf. You guys being above the ability to have a laugh at yourselves or your friends n all.

Just saying, lighten up a bit, it's no big deal no matter who it is, that is the amazing concept of joking. Never mind, carry on being miserable:cry:

thin ice? had no idea a harmless joke could be taken so cold, unless it was intended to be taken (not meant) so cold.

You're the only one who thinks it was funny - doesn't that tell you something???

Furthermore, all of this is off topic for the thread, so let's drop it NOW.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You're the only one who thinks it was funny - doesn't that tell you something???

Furthermore, all of this is off topic for the thread, so let's drop it NOW.

Yes, I offended the entire forum, that is obvious in 'both' of the posts from AE and WW. I apologize for being such an inconsiderate brute. No supper for me tonight.

I have PM'd CB by the way, hopefully there would have been no need to as he may have hung onto something while that big depression passed over yesterday.

And a reminder to all. Don't take the pi$$ out of people and expect EVERYONE to get it, and do expect those that don't to pipe in and make it clear.

So apology given and as ordered back to the topic!:)

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
One question: the rent was due on the first of November and you sent a lawyer (to your family) before the 15th?!

Where I hail from, before the legal fists really start to fly, a tenant gets a 14 day notice to pay or vacate. It was this notice that was delivered yesterday telling them to pay up, vacate or get evicted.

Between the 2nd and now, they have failed to make a payment, have ignored several emails requesting an explanation and asking when the rent will be paid. They chose to respond with righteous indignation instead.

Anyone want to adopt me? I need a new family.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Where I hail from, before the legal fists really start to fly, a tenant gets a 14 day notice to pay or vacate. It was this notice that was delivered yesterday telling them to pay up, vacate or get evicted.

Between the 2nd and now, they have failed to make a payment, have ignored several emails requesting an explanation and asking when the rent will be paid. They chose to respond with righteous indignation instead.

Anyone want to adopt me? I need a new family.

I am renting to family as well, a niece. She has not been late at paying something, but she has been late at paying the whole rent, but she always sends me an e-mail explaining, and usually pays the rest the following week. She is paying way below market and she knows it. Truth, I'd probably let her stay even if she wasn't paying rent, as long as she paid her utilities. She is family, and she's close family.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, I offended the entire forum, that is obvious in 'both' of the posts from AE and WW. I apologize for being such an inconsiderate brute. No supper for me tonight.

I have PM'd CB by the way, hopefully there would have been no need to as he may have hung onto something while that big depression passed over yesterday.

And a reminder to all. Don't take the pi$$ out of people and expect EVERYONE to get it, and do expect those that don't to pipe in and make it clear.

So apology given and as ordered back to the topic!:)

Yikes, don't lump me in with the big shots around here

AE has a whip, spurs and boots....

Me? Armed only with my wits......... virtually, unarmed

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I wasn't offended. On Tuesday when I checked my bank account online, my paycheck had posted. Hence, my motto, call me anything but late for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.