The Haitian Genetics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2011
You are perpetually confused.

The definition of "apologizing" is defending an action. You are apparently defending Louverture's and Dessaline's actions. You are therefore an apologist, and a hypocrite.

I was referring to your suggestion that racism magically disappears when one crosses from Haiti to RD.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
BTW Toussaint Louverture never killed any innocent Dominican. Toussaint fought for the Spanish and then for the French mainly because the Spaniards were advocated of slavery ( remember that Haitians freed the 4000 remaining slaves in the DR in 1822...14 years after the Haitian Independence...). Dessalines and Christophe wrongfully killed civilians in 1805 that is absolutely true. However these civilians were killed due to dramatic events which are masterfully described by Dr Juan Bosch in " De Cristobal Colon a Fidel Castro" vol 2 :

- Haitians went to the DR in 1805 to kick out the French who allowed the kid napping and enslaving of Haitians teenagers
- Some Dominicans fought the Haitians with the French Army ( who occupied the DR since 1795)
- Haitians saw French warships in Samana and thought that they were heading to Haiti, so they quickly went back and burnt down everything ( terre brul?e strategy) and UNFORTUNATELY killed innocent civilians in the DR.

While Toussant did not apparently kill Dominicans commanded Dessalines who killed innocent mulattoes.:

You conveniently ignore the massacre of Cibao of INNOCENT Dominicans in THEIR COUNTRY BY HIATIANS, there is no excuse and everything else is POLITICAL REVISIONISM, PERIOD.

EL DEGUELLO DE MOCA Y PARTE DE LA ISLA…EL HOLOCAUSTO M?S GRANDE DE LA HISPANIOLA DESDE LOS INDIOS | La Venda Transparente de Raifi Genao

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I was referring to your suggestion that racism magically disappears when one crosses from Haiti to RD.

Why don't you state that then?

At any rate I have stated for the record that racism exists here in the DR, however what one witnesses mostly is nationalism and colorism, In fact if the Haitians hadn't been so brutal and ruthless not to mention maintaining racial attitudes to this day there might not be so many problems.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
While Toussant did not apparently kill Dominicans commanded Dessalines who killed innocent mulattoes.:

You conveniently ignore the massacre of Cibao of INNOCENT Dominicans in THEIR COUNTRY BY HIATIANS, there is no excuse and everything else is POLITICAL REVISIONISM, PERIOD.

EL DEGUELLO DE MOCA Y PARTE DE LA ISLA?EL HOLOCAUSTO M?S GRANDE DE LA HISPANIOLA DESDE LOS INDIOS | La Venda Transparente de Raifi Genao

I did not forgot anything the Haitian massacre of 1805 corresponds to the massacre of Moca and Santiago.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I did not forgot anything the Haitian massacre of 1805 corresponds to the massacre of Moca and Santiago.

Well you conveniently chose not to mention this event and then come up with an excuse for the massacres in general. That is political revisionism.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Dominican see them historically as invaders and assassins, and they would be right. History is clear on this matter.

Once upon a time, Haitian soldiers fought for Spanish Santo Domingo , Toussaint, Dessalines, Biassou, Jean Fran?ois etc. Some of them even finished as retired generals in Spain. However Toussaint left the Spanish because they were high advocates of slavery while the French revolution gave them freedom via Sonthonax. Remember that the 4000 remaining slaves in the DR were freed by the Haitians in 1822, and the Santo Domingo elite sided with the French in 1805 because Ferrand maintained slavery on the Spanish side of la Hispaniola...Consequently they did not support the Haitians in 1805 who came there to freed the Dominicans from slavery and kick out the French... Sad...

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Well you conveniently chose not to mention this event and then come up with an excuse for the massacres in general. That is political revisionism.

Haitian massacre of 1805 = moca + cibao, there is not any political revisionism , because I first read these events in Dr Juan Bosch book which I cited above. Dr Juan Bosch or Dr Frank Moya Pons ( Manual de Historia Dominicana) described the Haitian massacre of 1805 as I described it here in DR1...1805 events were 100 % wrong and Dessalines and Christophe were wrong.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Whatever.

Generally speaking in a normal conversation the idea would be to address a topic sufficiently before moving on to another.

Regarding your statement, the reality is Haitians are being more abused and neglected in their own country, and that is why they come here. Furthermore, slavery is still alive and well in Haiti and Haitian politicians make Dominican politicians appear competent and pristine in comparison.

Regarding the negative backlash of millions of Haitians coming here and taking jobs from Dominicans and increasing crime, this is only normal and exists everywhere in the world. Regarding Haitian immigration, I don't believe in open borders but as a Christian I don't believe in racist policies either. The real issue of massive Haitian immigration apart from the aforementioned is their vuduu value system that is at complete odds with the Catholic tradition in the DR, not to mention their very real racist attitudes.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Haitian massacre of 1805 = moca + cibao, there is not any political revisionism , because I first read these events in Dr Juan Bosch book which I cited above. Dr Juan Bosch or Dr Frank Moya Pons ( Manual de Historia Dominicana) described the Haitian massacre of 1805 as I described it here in DR1...1805 events were 100 % wrong and Dessalines and Christophe were wrong.

From what I've seen the massacres occurred in other parts of the island. That with your statement: "However these civilians were killed due to dramatic events" would lead anyone to believe that you were minimizing the atrocities. The most important thing to remember that is was wrong for the Haitians to invade and slaughters thousands and thousands of innocent Dominicans in their own country.

Dec 26, 2011
The illegal Haitians are desired by Dominican business. Especially the construction sector. Not to mention agriculture.

Dec 26, 2011
Have you ever read a scholastic Dominican history book?

Why would I? I do read Dominican journalists and I know that not all Dominicans consider them to simply be "'assassins and invaders".

Have you read La Vida No Tiene Nombre by Marcio Veloz Maggiolo?

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Generally speaking in a normal conversation the idea would be to address a topic sufficiently before moving on to another.

Regarding your statement, the reality is Haitians are being more abused and neglected in their own country, and that is why they come here. Furthermore, slavery is still alive and well in Haiti and Haitian politicians make Dominican politicians appear competent and pristine in comparison.

Regarding the negative backlash of millions of Haitians coming here and taking jobs from Dominicans and increasing crime, this is only normal and exists everywhere in the world. Regarding Haitian immigration, I don't believe in open borders but as a Christian I don't believe in racist policies either. The real issue of massive Haitian immigration apart from the aforementioned is their vuduu value system that is at complete odds with the Catholic tradition in the DR, not to mention their very real racist attitudes.

Have you, Mr. Chip, ever used Haitian laborers to take advantage of labor cost?

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Melly, why don't you just apply common sense. You really think whitey could go into the bush and capture African man by himself? Transporting him hundreds of miles through tough and dangerous terrain and then stowing them on ships without the help of Africans? Let me rephrase that, without the supervision of the Africans?

” …Some slaves were stolen by Europeans ‘panyared’ as the english word was and some as ocurred often in Angola, were the victims of military campaigns mounted specifically by Portuguese proconsuls in order to capture slaves…”

Hugh Thomas, The slave trade (1997) , page 792

The story of the slave trade is highly complicated, you MUST study it before uttering nonsense...oh BTW the 19 and odds first africans deported in North America were Angolan prisoners of wars (,the slaves were stolen to the Portuguese by English pirates), they were however treated as Indentured servants. One of them Anthony Johnson formerly known as Anthony Angola who will own white and black indentured servants...You could check out White Cargo by Jordan and Walsh for their full history.

And sorry the history of the slave trade started in Africa by kidnapping : Eannes de Azurara, Duarte Pacheco, Hugh Thomas , Saunders , Georges Scelle etc...and they were senhaja Berbers deported to Portugal in the mid 1440s...Before them the Canary islanders ( guanches) had been destroyed by wars and slavery...

The first slaves ( after the tainos) in la Hispaniola were white folks called esclavos blancos in the Spanish archives, you called have a look at George Scelle's book...and these white slaves were mainly deported to la Hispaniola and PR or Mexico ( Pizarro's brothers had few of them)...they were asientos or contracts for these white slaves before the vla k slaves ( see George scelle)..

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
But of course, God loves Haitians too.

LOL

Desired for purposes of exploitation. You state that Haitians take jobs from Dominicans. Wrong. Businesses and individuals employ illegal Haitians in lieu of legal Dominicans to enjoy a savings and then hypocritically lament the Haitian "invasion".

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
” …Some slaves were stolen by Europeans ‘panyared’ as the english word was and some as ocurred often in Angola, were the victims of military campaigns mounted specifically by Portuguese proconsuls in order to capture slaves…”

Hugh Thomas, The slave trade (1997) , page 792

The story of the slave trade is highly complicated, you MUST study it before uttering nonsense...oh BTW the 19 and odds first africans deported in North America were Angolan prisoners of wars (,the slaves were stolen to the Portuguese by English pirates), they were however treated as Indentured servants. One of them Anthony Johnson formerly known as Anthony Angola who will own white and black indentured servants...You could check out White Cargo by Jordan and Walsh for their full history.

And sorry the history of the slave trade started in Africa by kidnapping : Eannes de Azurara, Duarte Pacheco, Hugh Thomas , Saunders , Georges Scelle etc...and they were senhaja Berbers deported to Portugal...

You have one reference claiming apparently there was no slave trading before the Europeans came. However, there are plenty of references stating otherwise.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
LOL

Desired for purposes of exploitation. You state that Haitians take jobs from Dominicans. Wrong. Businesses and individuals employ illegal Haitians in lieu of legal Dominicans to enjoy a savings and then hypocritically lament the Haitian "invasion".

Try studying up on the concept of supply and demand and then get back with me. The truth is you are very theoretical but the irony is you don't even understand your own theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.