The Haitian Genetics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
You have one reference claiming apparently there was no slave trading before the Europeans came. However, there are plenty of references stating otherwise.

Please provide your references Mr Chip...

Dec 26, 2011
Try studying up on the concept of supply and demand and then get back with me. The truth is you are very theoretical but the irony is you don't even understand your own theories.

Cheap labor is always in demand. I get that. Not all persons and businesses have the integrity to avoid exploitative practices.

I'm a contractor in the US and fluent in Spanish. In a perfect position to exploit Hispanic illegals. But it's not the right thing to do.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
From what I've seen the massacres occurred in other parts of the island. That with your statement: "However these civilians were killed due to dramatic events" would lead anyone to believe that you were minimizing the atrocities. The most important thing to remember that is was wrong for the Haitians to invade and slaughters thousands and thousands of innocent Dominicans in their own country.

I don't minimize anything, 100000 haitian civilians died during the Haitian revolutions, 50000 French died ( mainly soldiers). Spanish and Dominican forces allied to Haitian troops killed around 1000 innocent French civilians...Dessalines and Christophe killed thousand of Dominicans some being innocent civilians, some being soldiers who fought the Haitians along the French.

I am not Dominican or Haitian , I do no have any agenda to minimize or maximize anything... These are historical facts, send me a PM and I'll send you a bibliography ( most being Dominican scholars)...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't minimize anything, 100000 haitian civilians died during the Haitian revolutions, 50000 French died ( mainly soldiers). Spanish and Dominican forces allied to Haitian troops killed around 1000 innocent French civilians...Dessalines and Christophe killed thousand of Dominicans some being innocent civilians, some being soldiers who fought the Haitians along the French.

I am not Dominican or Haitian , I do no have any agenda to minimize or maximize anything... These are historical facts, send me a PM and I'll send you a bibliography ( most being Dominican scholars)...

Ok we agree, the early Haitian leaders, especially Dessilines, were assassins of tens of thousands of innocent people and should not be glorified.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Going back to Haitians genetics, the native Indian elements seems to be absent...Meaning that French did not find any native Indians when they arrived on the western side of la Hispaniola. French imported native Indians from st Kitts and you had some mestizos in Haiti.It is well known also that the English in north america exchanged African slaves from Haiti against native Indians from North Africa.

In Jamaica the maroons mingled with the tainos and kept many of their traditions or customs.

The Taino of Jamaica (Jamaica)

Dec 26, 2011
Unlike you apparently I care if my fellow man has nothing to eat.

Then don't say he's taking a job from a Dominican. You gave him the job because he'll work cheaper than the Dominican. Exploit if you like, but don't pat yourself on the back for it. If you really cared about the Haitian you'd pay him what a Dominican would demand to do the same job. But if you're going to do that, you'd might as well use a Dominican.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Then don't say he's taking a job from a Dominican. You gave him the job because he'll work cheaper than the Dominican. Exploit if you like, but don't pat yourself on the back for it. If you really cared about the Haitian you'd pay him what a Dominican would demand to do the same job. But if you're going to do that, you'd might as well use a Dominican.

Say what you want but at least I am helping Haitians, unlike yourself.

Dec 26, 2011
Say what you want but at least I am helping Haitians, unlike yourself.

Pay them what Dominicans would get. Otherwise, you're exploiting their status, breaking the law and taking jobs from the Dominicans that you claim to love so much.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Pay them what Dominicans would get. Otherwise, you're exploiting their status, breaking the law and taking jobs from the Dominicans that you claim to love so much.

I love all my fellow men, including Haitians.

Speaking of "Haitian" genes, my daughters have them.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Have you, Mr. Jabe? BTW, how's the water line construction going? :)

I guess that's a yes. That makes some of your remarks disingenuous. Planto bandera in Feb. At that point I might hire Haitians myself. I have in the past. I always look in their eyes. Maybe I see things that I want to see, you know, pain, despair, vengefulness, that how are you going to exploit me look, but I don't take them for granted, give them respect, and try, if I can, to give them value added as an employer. I might just go w/machines and my own sweat and toil, though.

Funny thing, it wasn't so much humanism that did away with slavery, but the fact that maintaining slave labor was becoming more expensive than using new technologies to do the work. Adam Smith, you know, "the father of modern economics" was anti-slavery because of this, not because he was so much humanitarian. Point being, in the absence of machines the tendency is to revert to that plantation way of treating workers.

I don't see where there is much disagreement btwn us. We've taken different perspectives that individually have merit. Good job bringing another view. It's all good.

explorer1

Jul 7, 2013
First WTF is melly ? I have been studied the African slave trade for 8 years, and also have strong personal library with more than 500 hundreds books ( around 1/3 about slavery in general, and I surely read more than you'll ever do),so I am waiting for facts, names , books ( scholars opinions) not uneducated or personal opinions....

As a trained (former) researcher, with graduate degrees in research, statistics and education, I can tell you that relying on "books", "names", and "facts" is to buy into the fallacy (drink the kool-aid, if you will) that those with a formal education are: 1. incapable of lying, 2. inherently competent, and 3. immune to subjectivity. I assure you, sir, that this is not the case. Common sense is something that has withstood the onslaught of "authoritative sources", as is evidenced by the fact that many of us recognize that the image of a man bearing a striking resemblance to Willie Nelson is not likely an accurate representation of Jesus, for example. As for "mythologies", books, experts, trained academicians, and the like have convinced many of us that 1. the New World was of no significance until "discovered" by Europeans, 2. that Egyptians were white (e.g. The Ten Comandments, of DeMille fame), 3. that all Native American tribes were peaceful until the White guy showed up, and 4.that all slaves were "captured" by Europeans, without the aid of Black (or African, if you like) people. These are just a few examples of how "names" "facts" and "dates" can be deceiving, to say the least. In my estimation, many of the most intelligent people I have known have had comparatively little in the way of a formal education. In contrast, I have known many a moron with a doctorate, especially in the social sciences arena. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Hence, Google, as we are wont to say, is not necessarily "your fren," and wikipedia is not "the Bible." Dialectic is crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.