The town of Sosua is killing itself.....

diego

Aug 16, 2003
The Hexenkessel Restaurant in Cabarete has at the moment a 1/2 price sale on. Anything on the menue from 11 am to 11 pm. Great german food at 1/2 price. Took my Family there yesterday (7 people) meals drinks under 1000 pesos

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
diego said:
The Hexenkessel Restaurant in Cabarete has at the moment a 1/2 price sale on. Anything on the menue from 11 am to 11 pm. Great german food at 1/2 price. Took my Family there yesterday (7 people) meals drinks under 1000 pesos
That sounds like a pretty good deal. They were already one of the better deals in Cabarete. We eat there frequently. Very good food and good people watching.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
suarezn said:
While prices have surely doubled or more these restaurants mus tbe doing good business to continue to charge that much. It's all about supply and demand... If they were suffering I'm sure they would lower their prices. If not let them go out of business...
I wouldn't make these assumptions.

It's not as if there are ever any lineups to get into any of these places.

Most of these places are dead, all of the time.

It seems like many businesses seem to think that they have to try to make more from the dwindling sales that remain.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
At times I have 10 or more friends here. One day the Snitzel man sold 50. That means that a few restaurants lost 50 customers. Usually we get a snitzel, fries and soda for 150. Can't be spending 1,000 pesos a night for crappy dinners no more.

Nov 5, 2004
diego said:

Wow! That's an amazing deal!!!!

Wonder how long they will have the half price thing. The price is cheap enough to justify driving into Caberete for!!! LOL

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
losing?

diego said:

Do you think that they are losing money on each dinner????. Maybe making it up in volume. Maybe now price is in the correct range?

Bob K

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
The last trip down in April, I would do a comida tipica sometime after 12:00 p.m. whjich would last me most of the day and into the night. Then it would be just whatever was in the frig at home. Will probably be doing much of the same next trip. Perhaps I'm just accustoming myself to new habits for a permanent move.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
prices in Puerto Plata

I agree with almost all of you! Prices in the restaurants have not dropped and they are losing business because of it! My experience is that business owners here do not plan at all for the future. They do not look one week or one month down the road. It is only about today! Very short sighted and I believe it is why they close so often.

Cafe Cito in Puerto Plata also has a 1/2 off sale for the month of June. They make the BEST Caeser salad(damn I wish I could spell!) that I have tasted in this country.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
diego said:
Is this the german resteraunt on the main drag?

diego

Aug 16, 2003
Yes it is...

..we actually just came back from there
1 schnitzel, 2 steaks (not to good) 4 hamburgers for our kids and drinks for all
995.00 pesos,,,,1/2 price sale expires June 15

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Jimmydr said:
I ate at Baileys tonight. A snitzel sandwich was 90 pesos and I had a hot chocolate and a sundae. I was full and it was about 275 pesos.

OK, thanks. Any place else? I dont want to eat snitchel every night.

Larry

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Larry,

Want to take a spin into Charamicos for Restaurant Central?

Was there a couple of weeks ago with Rellosk and Escott and the pulpo in ajo was the best I've had. Hey, maybe it was the company! Come back soon, Ed.

Presidente Grandes still cold and cheap.

We'll bring along whomever is around.

PS Last night I passed by Coyote Bar-- still closed. :( Looks like they have indeed closed, as per rumor.

dawnwil

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
PS Larry

If you bring me one of those fabulous handmade chocolates from Saugerties, I will buy dinner. heh.

Ok, 4 chocolates. Deal? I like Marzipan and maple, dark.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
dawnwil said:
If you bring me one of those fabulous handmade chocolates from Saugerties, I will buy dinner. heh.

Ok, 4 chocolates. Deal? I like Marzipan and maple, dark.

Can I be your friend when he has given you the chocolates? Please.... :nervous:
I have people coming the 12th of June.... with alots of goodies.. maybe I will share something with you.. Just maybe, it is not sure.. depends on how desperate I get when I see the goodies and understand it is mine....