The town of Sosua is killing itself.....

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
hmm, just don't know

... but Carina, you've got it made-in-the-shade in with Larry, you just don't know it.

He's getting in June 11th, I believe... simply make him a banner, and he'll forget all about my--

never mind.

PS ... I have a really cool true story about the best Belgium chocolate in the world & the Canadian connection; when we meet, will share that with you, at least. heh

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
dawnwil said:
... but Carina, you've got it made-in-the-shade in with Larry, you just don't know it.

He's getting in June 11th, I believe... simply make him a banner, and he'll forget all about my--

never mind.

PS ... I have a really cool true story about the best Belgium chocolate in the world & the Canadian connection; when we meet, will share that with you, at least. heh

Don?t share any stories, just share the chocolate!!!
LOL... But then let?s grab that chocolate on the 11th and then the other one on the 12th... You see, it?s a win win situation! For us I mean.. :cross-eye

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
dawnwil said:
If you bring me one of those fabulous handmade chocolates from Saugerties, I will buy dinner. heh.

Ok, 4 chocolates. Deal? I like Marzipan and maple, dark.

Absolutely Dawn! I had forgotten we had wandered in there. Marzipan and maple, dark. Ok. I will remember. By the way, I had forgotten about your *** but you can show him, er, it to me when I get there if you like.

Larry

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Carina, you live in Sosua? Would you like me to bring you some chocolates too? I dont know you but it would be my pleasure.

Larry

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Larry, you're a prince.

Carina does not live in Sosua, but we're very good friends, and I will be delighted to keep her chocolates safe in the fridge until I see her in POP asap.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
dawnwil said:
Carina does not live in Sosua, but we're very good friends, and I will be delighted to keep her chocolates safe in the fridge until I see her in POP asap.

Ok, then chocolates are forthcoming for both of you.

Prince Larry

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
dawnwil said:

That?s the best joke of today! The words "safe" and "chocolates in your fridge" does not make a good melody... Then you?ll just come up with a story how your electricity went off, and the generator burned, and that the chocolate melted, that you had to eat it, not to let it be destroyed...

Chocolate (real ) is hard currency here for heavens sake!! :cross-eye

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Well Gee Larry, I probably don't have as nice a build as dawn and carina...but I sure would like some of those chocolates.

Larry said:
Carina, you live in Sosua? Would you like me to bring you some chocolates too? I dont know you but it would be my pleasure.

Larry

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Es Verdad!

carina said:
That?s the best joke of today! The words "safe" and "chocolates in your fridge" does not make a good melody... Then you?ll just come up with a story how your electricity went off, and the generator burned, and that the chocolate melted, that you had to eat it, not to let it be destroyed...

Chocolate (real ) is hard currency here for heavens sake!! :cross-eye

Claro! Siempre! Tambien!

Carina, here in Sosua I am so closer to the POP airport; would be my pleasure to help your friends when they arrive on Saturday... help carry bags and so on.

heh

You will enjoy the chocolates from Saugerties-- that shop was a real old-world treat... and literally across the street from Larry's house.

Can you imagine, a real chocoholic, on a binge, could actually crawl to the goodies? Larry doesn't know how lucky he is, but he's still a Prince... oh right, a King.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
dawnwil said:
Claro! Siempre! Tambien!
Carina, here in Sosua I am so closer to the POP airport; would be my pleasure to help your friends when they arrive on Saturday... help carry bags and so on.

Hmm... My son said the same thing, that he can pick up the people. I reminded him that he is 15 (actually 14 1/2 ) and cannot drive. And he went.. Ooops, I forgot...

Anyway, there is Belgian chocolate coming, Swedish Marabou,
Anton Berg Marzipan....

Maybe I should order a safety transport?

Last edited:

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Don't be silly

No need to order another safety transport.

You can borrow the one I ordered for King Larry's arrival.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
dawnwil said:
No need to order another safety transport.

You can borrow the one I ordered for King Larry's arrival.

Sounds like a great idea.. now I just need to make sure that you in person will have nothing to do with the tranportation, or anyone affliated with you.

Because otherwise I will get story # 2; They didn?t arrive, or they did, but chosed to stay in Sosua for a few days, and the customs took all the chocolate, almost all, and the rest melted on the way from the airport...
But here honey, take some Dominican Munn? instead... Hmmmmm.... :bandit:

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
pardon my ignorance...

carina said:
But here honey, take some Dominican Munn? instead... Hmmmmm.... :bandit:

But what is Munne? I don't trust you!!

It sounds postively mundane, in one respect. Or Sporting artsy, if one knows Munnings. Or Pink Floydish, that's a groove.

Not exactly brand name recognition? :) Or is it a much loved whatever here? Sorry if I offended any Munne lovers.

Would be interesting to know the Top 10 list of brand names considered household words. Ok, I can only think of Brugal. Presidente. Names by which a product is known as the product. Caribe Tours?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
dawnwil said:
But what is Munne? I don't trust you!!

It sounds postively mundane, in one respect. Or Sporting artsy, if one knows Munnings. Or Pink Floydish, that's a groove.

Not exactly brand name recognition? :) Or is it a much loved whatever here? Sorry if I offended any Munne lovers.

Would be interesting to know the Top 10 list of brand names considered household words. Ok, I can only think of Brugal. Presidente. Names by which a product is known as the product. Caribe Tours?

What can I say. Treat yourself, and spend 10 pesos, buy yourself a Munn?
(plain or crispado ) and then tell us your thoughts. If you are alive that is. :dead:

Brugal, Barcelo, Presidente, Munn?, Nacional, Parmalat ????

Caribe tours a household word??? Where in the kitchen do you store it? :tired:

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
ode to marzipan

Precisely... if I'm alive.

You aren't satisfied with Belgium, Sweden, and whatever Anton Berg marzipan is (but, wow does it sound divine). You want all of Larry's chocolates as well!

Marzipan *sigh*. I've been a fan from the time I took riding lessons with a German instructor-- who prided himself on using a bullwhip to physically remove a student from the horse if she or he didn't follow instructions to the letter. Not kidding! Hey, I must have been good... I got the candy. heh

I hadn't had marzipan in a year at least, so when Larry and I walked into that cute little shop, I had to have it. Last special occasion was Valentine's Day... ages ago. Yummy. Sweet, sweet boyfriend (8 years jr, he was yummy too, LOL) who had all the clerks in love with him by insisting they remove the mix in a huge box and replace every one with marzipan only. On their busiest day of the year.

I love the sound of the word, even: marzipan. Exotic. Magical.

Larry, Larry, when will you be here?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
dawnwil said:
Precisely... if I'm alive.

You aren't satisfied with Belgium, Sweden, and whatever Anton Berg marzipan is (but, wow does it sound divine). You want all of Larry's chocolates as well!

Marzipan *sigh*. I've been a fan from the time I took riding lessons with a German instructor-- who prided himself on using a bullwhip to physically remove a student from the horse if she or he didn't follow instructions to the letter. Not kidding! Hey, I must have been good... I got the candy. heh

I hadn't had marzipan in a year at least, so when Larry and I walked into that cute little shop, I had to have it. Last special occasion was Valentine's Day... ages ago. Yummy. Sweet, sweet boyfriend (8 years jr, he was yummy too, LOL) who had all the clerks in love with him by insisting they remove the mix in a huge box and replace every one with marzipan only. On their busiest day of the year.

I love the sound of the word, even: marzipan. Exotic. Magical.

Larry, Larry, when will you be here?

Hehe. Saturday evening. I'll probably hang around Rockys a little while after I get settled in.

I will have your yummy chocolates.

PM me your cell #.

Larry

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
awfull sosua

Hi all,
I think the time is right to think the about evolution of Sosua.
I am very sad.
Sosua 2005 = Brugal, Presidente, drunken people, prostitutes, low social level tourists.

I have read the following comment about Sosua:

".....The town of Sosua is unappealing. There are too many cars and motorbikes spewing smoke so the air is polluted. My eyes and throat were burning within minutes of arriving there. The streets were teeming with prostitutes and groups of men sitting at outdoor tables, apparently there for the girls. The shopkeepers were agressive and contemptuous in their solicitations, with nary a sign of the sweetness that Dominicanos are famous for. Walking along Sosua beach, lined with endless shops and restaurants the merchandise was overpriced and tacky.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
HIRAM said:
Hi all,
I think the time is right to think the about evolution of Sosua.
I am very sad.
Sosua 2005 = Brugal, Presidente, drunken people, prostitutes, low social level tourists.

I have read the following comment about Sosua:

".....The town of Sosua is unappealing. There are too many cars and motorbikes spewing smoke so the air is polluted. My eyes and throat were burning within minutes of arriving there. The streets were teeming with prostitutes and groups of men sitting at outdoor tables, apparently there for the girls. The shopkeepers were agressive and contemptuous in their solicitations, with nary a sign of the sweetness that Dominicanos are famous for. Walking along Sosua beach, lined with endless shops and restaurants the merchandise was overpriced and tacky.

Nicely summed up.