Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

Jacquot

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Mars
-Many of the improvements impact tourists and visitors also.
-I'm in the retail clothing business
Thanks, I skimmed your posts and saw that you had 3 stores, closed one, reduced the hours in another and are now opening in Cabarete. I wish you suerte.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
While it makes no sense to you it makes PERFECT sense to me you might not have an accurate appraisal of the situation and perhaps also to chrisgy.

If you think you can accurately visualize what is happening here from forum posts, then you have powers far beyond mine.
I agree. Sure I would like things to be moving forward faster, but I am very impressed with all that has transpired in a short time.
The ability to read and comprehend is not specific to geography. Knowing where to look is not either. I would hope that readin DR1 would give some insite that most others would not have.

It sounds to me like you are both saying that I need to be in Sosua to understand and that make no sense.
tt doesn't make sense because you are not presently in Sosua and are apparently basing your thinking on the posts on this board.

It is true that many of the people who write on the board are in Sosua or have been recently, but that doesn't mean they know much about Sosua oher than a small segment Pedro Clisante.

Reactions: windeguy

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Thanks, I skimmed your posts and saw that you had 3 stores, closed one, reduced the hours in another and are now opening in Cabarete. I wish you suerte.
Thank you, @Jacquot
The post you reference was from a little over a year ago.
Cabarete location has been fully open over one (1) year now and surpassing expectations, while the Sosua location is also fully open and continues to do extremely well as we approach five (5) years in the business

Jacquot

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Mars
Some of you should really be ashamed of yourselves. How many others have you made false accusations about and have been banned because of your strange fixation and paranoia? As soon as someone thinks differently you gang up, how fucking pathetic.

I can't even begin to image why this Darcy didn't round you up and denounce you. Not worth the effort or cost since he's a gringo I bet.
Try that with a well connected Dominican and see where that gets you! ;)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don't think the comment by chrisgy had any reflection on your ability to understand. To me it meant that some people in Sosua are optimistic that the government is improving things in Sosua. If someone has not been there in many years, then that person would not be aware of the reason.

While everyone else focuses on one issue on one small part of one street in Sosua, others are hopeful and see signs of improvement. Granted, they are VERY SLOW in coming.
Whatever it takes.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The government is finding it very hard to take definitive action on this.

It is like getting rid of a Jacquot (and whatever DW used previously on DR1) once and for all.
They've been saying the same about me on here for years.
Although many of those same folks are long gone and I'm still here, lmao.

Sadly after 10 years of life here in the DR, I'm probably going to be living in another country by this time next year so I may end up not seeing the changes take place in Sosua.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They've been saying the same about me on here for years.
Although many of those same folks are long gone and I'm still here, lmao.

Sadly after 10 years of life here in the DR, I'm probably going to be living in another country by this time next year so I may end up not seeing the changes take place in Sosua.
The changes may never actually take place. Only time will tell if any of us ever see them.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think only the economy growing will make it change. When those types of establishments on the main street and beach are priced out. I think it could happen. Just ask bathata.
The spin I have read about for years is that once the eyesore is out of sight and out of mind, that might possibly allow things to grow because investors are more likely to come in.

The overall economy growing first and pushing the prices up is also a possibility, but a less likely one. I consider that possibility as putting the cart before the "whores".

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I am sad the beach is being destroyed.

The current life threatening coral killing open raw sewage pits used by the illegal beach village located behind the illegal vendor shacks will be destroyed.

An engineered human friendly coral saving sewage treatment system will be built.

The flies are going to be sad too.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Sosua Beach 40 years ago.
I didn't get to see the pear, not that I remember.

JJ

Attachments

• Sosua.jpg
    Sosua.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 111

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
You can say anything you want about Sosua but there is not other tourist destination in DR that offers all you can find in Sosua.
Dominican life style, beaches, business and fun all in a three squared miles.

All you need is walking distance,

JJ

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
The current life threatening coral killing open raw sewage pits used by the illegal beach village located behind the illegal vendor shacks will be destroyed.

An engineered human friendly coral saving sewage treatment system will be built.

The flies are going to be sad too.
I’ve snorkeled a lot in Sosua, only see dead coral in shallow waters. I never saw live coral here. Too late I fear.

Reactions: thompstr

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The spin I have read about for years is that once the eyesore is out of sight and out of mind, that might possibly allow things to grow because investors are more likely to come in.

The overall economy growing first and pushing the prices up is also a possibility, but a less likely one. I consider that possibility as putting the cart before the "whores".
I mean the economy of the country.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I mean the economy of the country.
The overall economy of the DR growing won't change Sosua on its own. That requires local investments and changes by the local government. The focus remains on the southern parts of the DR with only a few people, including the president of the DR having interests in the Province of Puerto Plata including the Sosua/Cabarete region. Local growth has come from new homes in existing and new projects for residential housing. Some got pushed back by the pandemic and may never return. Others grow slowly.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You can say anything you want about Sosua but there is not other tourist destination in DR that offers all you can find in Sosua.
Dominican life style, beaches, business and fun all in a three squared miles.

All you need is walking distance,

JJ
It's a really small town. Shouldn't take much. My only hope is I prefer to see the positive changes coming from within the local community rather than outsiders as this will help to preserve the character of the neighborhoods as opposed to the cookie-cutter one size fits all approach.