Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It's a really small town. Shouldn't take much. My only hope is I prefer to see the positive changes coming from within the local community rather than outsiders as this will help to preserve the character of the neighborhoods as opposed to the cookie-cutter one size fits all approach.
I am ready to start promoting Sosua among local Dominican community and abroad.
Some of my friends are thinking in investment in DR.

JJ

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The current life threatening coral killing open raw sewage pits used by the illegal beach village located behind the illegal vendor shacks will be destroyed.

An engineered human friendly coral saving sewage treatment system will be built.

The flies are going to be sad too.
I'll believe that when I see it. Until then....

The government has trouble supplying clean water for humans, what makes you think they can clean up water being dumped into the ocean?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
It's a really small town. Shouldn't take much. My only hope is I prefer to see the positive changes coming from within the local community rather than outsiders as this will help to preserve the character of the neighborhoods as opposed to the cookie-cutter one size fits all approach.
This is a fantastic post. This is what I would like to see also. The problem is, this is about money, not what's good for Dominicans and their community.

Johnny P

Banned
Nov 9, 2021
Tampa
I like Sosua just fine but have met some less than savory gringos and expats who have been drawn there. Then there's the hstlers, wannabee fixers, thugs and thieve, etc. that they attract.

I like the beach a lot and there are some very good restaurants from Puerto Plata to Cabarete that make it convenient to be there, but the negatives outweigh the positives. If I were to move, near, there it would be on the outskirts where I can have my land and do my thing. I can always go there for dinner, or the day, or weekend or whatever but not to live there. Not yet at least.

I know some of you live there and I hope I'm not talking about you LOL. No offense and I hope you know what I mean. 😇🤣

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I like Sosua just fine but have met some less than savory gringos and expats who have been drawn there. Then there's the hstlers, wannabee fixers, thugs and thieve, etc. that they attract.

I like the beach a lot and there are some very good restaurants from Puerto Plata to Cabarete that make it convenient to be there, but the negatives outweigh the positives. If I were to move, near, there it would be on the outskirts where I can have my land and do my thing. I can always go there for dinner, or the day, or weekend or whatever but not to live there. Not yet at least.

I know some of you live there and I hope I'm not talking about you LOL. No offense and I hope you know what I mean. 😇🤣
I lived up there in Charamicos back in 2013.
Felt the same way when I moved out. Clean
the place up and I'd be willing to spend a lot
more of my time and money up there.

Reactions: Johnny P

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Charamicos is a different story, it is like the 24/7 ghetto in Sosua, el Batey is more classy at least during day time.

I like El Batey better.

JJ

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Charamicos is a different story, it is like the 24/7 ghetto in Sosua, el Batey is more classy at least during day time.

I like El Batey better.

JJ
I lived three blocks from the beach in a fully remodeled 1 bedroom apartment, paid next to nothing
and never had a single problem with anyone while living there. Can't say the same for El Batey which
was a cesspool at night when I lived there and it was still a cesspool at night during my last trip back in July
of this year but with a little less night light life. Speaking of ghetto, the next property over from where you just purchased, just
across from Winner's Circle is a very well-known and rather notorious drug den. To each their own

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
the next property over from where you just purchased, just
across from Winner's Circle is a very well-known and rather notorious drug den. To each their own
Yes that place is bad, I figure out it was there after I purchased the apartment, but it is up for sale maybe you are willing to do a great investment.
That way you can help to clean up the area.

JJ

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I lived three blocks from the beach in a fully remodeled 1 bedroom apartment, paid next to nothing
and never had a single problem with anyone while living there. Can't say the same for El Batey which
was a cesspool at night when I lived there and it was still a cesspool at night during my last trip back in July
of this year but with a little less night light life. Speaking of ghetto, the next property over from where you just purchased, just
You mean The Finish Line right? Winner's Circle is the former Flames bar on PC.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sosua is larger, I suspect, than most people think. That is because most posters here think of one small part of Pedro Clisante as being Sosua which is a small part of El Batey. Sosua Abajo and Charamicos are also parts of Sosua.

Population
(2010)[4]
Area
[3]
• Municipality physical size276.89 km2 (106.91 sq mi)
• Municipality population49,593

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Correct.
I'm not much of a Sosua bar fly so I do get the names mixed up from time to time.
I am not familiar with area jet, I thought that was a cuarteria where the girls pay a fee to spend the night.

JJ

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
The good thing about staying in there is that I go down stairs and find everything I need, desayuno Dominicano $150. Pesos, almuerzo Dominicano $160. Across the St. liquors store,Super mercado, Barbershop, three banks, bars and restaurants...

JJ

Reactions: BermudaRum

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in condominium El Neptno. I don't know of a better place in El Batey. Close to everything and quiet. Would prefer that we weren't guest friendly, but we have good rules and they are enforced by good administrator and watchmen so we don't see them much

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I'll believe that when I see it. Until then....

The government has trouble supplying clean water for humans, what makes you think they can clean up water being dumped into the ocean?

You're ignoring what's physically there because you're sad. You honestly can't prefer filthy open sewers on a public beach over an engineered system?
So what do you suggest, don't make things better at the beach area because the water supply system needs work? That makes sense to you?

And other then approving a couple of food plazas, the gov't has nothing to do with it. It's privately owned (for the gazillionth time).
Go knock on their front door and tell them what you want done on their property.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You're ignoring what's physically there because you're sad. You honestly can't prefer filthy open sewers on a public beach over an engineered system?
So what do you suggest, don't make things better at the beach area because the water supply system needs work? That makes sense to you?

And other then approving a couple of food plazas, the gov't has nothing to do with it. It's privately owned (for the gazillionth time).
Go knock on their front door and tell them what you want done on their property.
If we are talking about the beach strip with all of the beach shacks, It was privately owned land but the land was donated to the government and the deeds were signed over to this administration a few months ago.

From what I'm hearing it's going to be carved up among investors and although the three public access points will remain open, the shacks will be removed and new rules will be implemented regarding behaviour, open containers and alcohol consumption.

Whether not these changes will be enforced is anyone's guess.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The good thing about staying in there is that I go down stairs and find everything I need, desayuno Dominicano $150. Pesos, almuerzo Dominicano $160. Across the St. liquors store,Super mercado, Barbershop, three banks, bars and restaurants...

JJ

My favorite Dominican lunch location in Sosua. La Norteno Comedor / Bar. just a 9 iron east on PC from where you live. Also you can not miss the BBQ unit on the sidewalk, along with seating at the bar on the right side with some nice local service.

Attachments

• Screenshot (68).png
    Screenshot (68).png
    767.7 KB · Views: 119