Today i happily turn in my dr residency!!!!

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Yes I think you would have to be a permanent resident first. I think if your goal is to become a Dominican Citizen then it makes sense to get permanent residency. If it is just to spend time here than I see no need for it unless the rules here means you have to have it to be here more than 6 months. For business and buying property you can use your passport and I think that is recommendable anyway.

To follow up on this. I would think to work here you need residency but if you are an investor in a business or a real property it is not necessary.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes I think you would have to be a permanent resident first. I think if your goal is to become a Dominican Citizen then it makes sense to get permanent residency. If it is just to spend time here than I see no need for it unless the rules here means you have to have it to be here more than 6 months. For business and buying property you can use your passport and I think that is recommendable anyway.

Other issues like Driver licences come into play..... heavily discussed before ad infinitum.

If you think you can live here 5 months a year w/o all the trappings - cedula, licence, etc
Good luck to you.....

Not me....

A necessary evil.....

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Cedula

Other issues like Driver licences come into play..... heavily discussed before ad infinitum.

If you think you can live here 5 months a year w/o all the trappings - cedula, licence, etc
Good luck to you.....

Not me....

A necessary evil.....

I did not say that I was planning on living here 5 months a year. But apart from that why would you need a cedula if you just lived here less than 5 months a year. What do you need the cedula for apart from for the driver license ? and some people dont have a car or you can rent one.