Traffic Deaths in the Dominican Republic Ranks #2 Worldwide

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think he refers to the forbidden "a" word... he should see how many people buy cytotec... ha ha ha... one of our best sellers... we used to order huge amounts, sometimes even 50 boxes... sold like pan de agua...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you have a "Disability" that makes walking difficult, Don't take the METRO, line one!
The elevators are breaking down, and not being fixed!
Dominicans with disabilities are complaining, they can't get up,or down to the platforms.
I guess their "LIVES" aren't being "Valued" highly enough!
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
On "THAT!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
1. Lack of consideration(empathy)
2. No concept of causality(consequences)
3. No sense of personal responsibility(see #1 & #2)

Fatalistic thinking at work? Undoubtedly plays a role. If I drive more carefully and more conscientiously, less aggressively, will I be safer? Nah. Let's put this saint on the dashboard. That'll work better.

Wow that sounds exactly like the driving in Kuwait but just add in really good roads so that all the high dollar cars can really get up some speed before they wreck...... :ninja:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Truely shocking statistics:

Fatalities in DR 2010: 1,902

Fatalities in London: 2010 126

But when you see the standards of road driving you can see why - no respect given for other drivers - in Santo Domingo the rich are no better than anyone else.

With regards to walking this is an issue relating to the Metro, What is the point of the metro if A) there are no complementary bus routes and B) where are the measures to improve walking access to these stations - upgraded footpaths, road crossings to stations etc..

As far as the driving the rich are the worst, as they are the ones with the cars. Po fok use publicos, and those drivers are another story.

as fas the complementary bus routes. CALLING Pichardo!!!!!!!!!!! The feeder's are where. :bunny:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
At least Dominicans value life more than many other countries.

Very interesting comment, and I suppose you could be right, maybe they do value life more than some nationalities and their chosen religions and cultures, but they do not respect others lives. We see obvious examples of this in the general obsession with dead people, amusement by catastrophic injuries and accidents, scale of violence levels (being, peace or death, not such a thing as unconditional harmony), the ease at which they allow others to suffer for their personal gain (on so many levels), insincerity on almost every level etc etc etc. Now I am not hating on Doms, I live here, I can't afford to hate on the people that surround me, but I do have to accept that culturally and morally I am different, always will be, never would want to integrate on that level. An understanding of the culture and moral standings and values is all the integration I need and it protects me from becoming something I often find very ugly.

Your comment might well be accurate, but it is not complete.

Dec 26, 2011
You really can't help yourself, can you?
You can put all your "Dominican's Can Do NO WRONG" Spin on this ,but you are the ONLY ONE who thinks like you do, IF you do actually "THINK"!
So LISTEN TO THIS, My "Sweety Fren", You Are A F*#king IDIOT!
A "F*#king Idiot " who thinks that the USA S#*KS, and the DR is a "Paraiso"!
(But Takes the Veterans Administration Disability check every month, but can still ride a motor bike from Santiago to Sosua everyday!) Please don't use the excuse that you need the "Exercise" to help your "Back", like you did after posting fotos of you doing "Marine Push ups" last year. PATHETIC!!
I think about your pictures, and your excuses, every time I am in a VA Hospital and see guy's missing arms and legs,from Iraq, and Afganistan, and Vietnam, and Korea, and WWII, and, and, and!!!!!!!!
Ask the mother of the 3 brothers killed the other day while eating in a restaurant in SD, when a drunk 20 year old, went "Air Born" and killed them!!!!
And then "SPIN" the deaths in "Semana DRUNKo", from all sources.
SPIN the 10 year old kids taken to your sister-in-law, ER with alcohol poisoning.
You "My Fren",.."SUCK"!
See Ya Later "Sweety
Tom,
aka., CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I approve this message.

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
it's called natural select by Darwinists... They even give awards each year, to each person who deserved that splendid award :D

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since they all carry the "Idiot Dominate Gene", there can be no "Natural Selection" to improve Dominicanos, you can only get, "More, and MORE, of the same!
After driving back from the "North Coast" today, THAT was VERY EVIDENT!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
interesting article here:
Z 101

Las muertes por accidentes de tr?nsito superan la cantidad de fallecidos por c?lera, dengue, malaria, sarampi?n, tuberculosis y sida, dijo el doctor F?lix Hern?ndez, director del Hospital Traumatol?gico y Quir?rgico Ney Arias Lora.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Driving in DR was crazy, no doubt about it. People will simply throw their vehicles onto yours. It almost seemed like a game of chicken driving out there.

It is doable. But driving defensively is a must. Those who drive with the mindset that "He's in the wrong, I'm in the right" will likely find themselves in a collision sooner than later. I preferred taping my brake more often than accelerating.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Driving in DR was crazy, no doubt about it. People will simply throw their vehicles onto yours. It almost seemed like a game of chicken driving out there.

It is doable. But driving defensively is a must. Those who drive with the mindset that "He's in the wrong, I'm in the right" will likely find themselves in a collision sooner than later. I preferred taping my brake more often than accelerating.

the rank and file Dominican does not understand the roles of the horn and the brakes. look at a Dominican driving towards an obstruction. he is approaching it at full speed, ON THE HORN, as if to say "i, the only important person in the galaxy, am approaching the place where you are now occupying. please let the sound of my horn be an alarm to you that i want you gone from there by the time i arrive". it is only when he actually realizes that the obstacle is obstinate, and has no plans to move, that he reluctantly will apply his brakes, with disgust.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the rank and file Dominican does not understand the roles of the horn and the brakes. look at a Dominican driving towards an obstruction. he is approaching it at full speed, ON THE HORN, as if to say "i, the only important person in the galaxy, am approaching the place where you are now occupying. please let the sound of my horn be an alarm to you that i want you gone from there by the time i arrive. it is only when he actually realized that the obstacle is obstinate, and has no plans to move, that he reluctantly will apply his brakes, with disgust.

wait. are you implying i am dominican? because that's exactly what i do! darn. i'm worried about my reputation now. as a dominican, by definition, i should be the nicest and most polite person on this planet.

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
"i, the only important person in the galaxy, am approaching the place where you are now occupying. Please let the sound of my horn be an alarm to you that i want you gone from there by the time i arrive". It is only when he actually realizes that the obstacle is obstinate, and has no plans to move, that he reluctantly will apply his brakes, with disgust.

lol :d

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
wait. are you implying i am dominican? because that's exactly what i do! darn. i'm worried about my reputation now. as a dominican, by definition, i should be the nicest and most polite person on this planet.

i knew that had to be you, sitting on the horn. how do you manage to pp up in so many places at the same time?