Two lesbians are living in my garden

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Sometimes they aren't even refrigerated at the store when you buy them!

Jose Luis in POP has them unrefrigerated....and I am still here to tell the tale.;) As you say FM, this is only one amongst many. Also, I have never seen them refrigerated in a colmado.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
how long would these stay fresh

2532850435_94b4fa8f34.jpg

Reactions: MikeFisher

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Well anyway, if it is true then I would apply for a lottery grant.

'Raising Lesbian Chickens in the Caribbean' - I am sure would receive funding and it has a nice ring to it, too.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The Chinese eat '100 year old' eggs - more like 100 day actually. They're preserved in a mixture of clay, ash, lime, salt and rice and eaten with ginger & considered a delicacy. When I visited China years ago I was offered a taste in a rural village & didn't like to turn it down. I survived the experience! jr, look up century eggs. Some pics here:
Century Egg ? Would You Eat One?

So, if you want to pursue it, you have a possible idea for a new business in Sosua..............:cheeky:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I buy eggs fot the colmado from the warehouse where they are unrefridgerated and we store them in the shop unrefridgerated too. Only go in the fridge when they get into my house.

But in the UK I never refridgerated the eggs - had a little wooden rack which i kept them in.

Matilda

Daniel10

Apr 19, 2010
danny-in-dr.blogspot.com
and to test the freshness of an egg: gently drop it in water. The older the egg the more air comes through the shell, the better it floats.
So if an egg floats on the top of a bowl of water it's gone bad. If it stays half way use it to fry. If it sinks you can boil it.
How to Test Fresh Eggs - Eggs; Raw or Fresh - Eggs in Cold Water - Sink or Float Egg Testing
This is why the humidity is also important. The humid air will penetrate the shell altering the taste and the expiry date.
A tip from top chefs in Italy is to lay a piece of truffle with fresh eggs for a day. The eggs will adopt the taste of the truffle and can enrich the taste of a salad, without using too much of the expensive truffles!
This works with other ingredients as well.
And yes, if you want fresh eggs every day, you should either leave one in the nest, or better: use a dummy egg made out of stone or something.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I buy eggs fot the colmado from the warehouse where they are unrefridgerated and we store them in the shop unrefridgerated too. Only go in the fridge when they get into my house.

But in the UK I never refridgerated the eggs - had a little wooden rack which i kept them in.

Matilda

Perhaps LG were trying to tell me something with their egg-rack in the fridge door?