Two lesbians are living in my garden

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
we get horses outside the gate, never had them in the garden yet, plus a donkey and various goat/sheep things. Ive not actually discovered which they are yet.

I am glad you feel educated lol

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
There was a short article in todays "metro" ( a free local newspaper) in their travel section. Here is it.

Balut for the brave:

Not everything in Boracay is beautiful. Food in Boracay is largely European and the seafood is excellent (try the Escondido or Boracay Crab House for some of the best crab and prawns) but the braver diners may wish to sample the real local delicacy Balut. Balut is bascially a duck or chicken egg with a half-formed embryo inside. It is either a charming and delicious slice of Philippines life or a horror show.

Reactions: MikeFisher

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
i love this thread,
JR,
leave the milk cows to JD,
but if you get ever some good horses through your open gate just drop me a call, i have the saddles ready.
happy Father's Day to every Daddy on this eggie thread,
we celebra...
Mike

we get horses outside the gate, never had them in the garden yet, plus a donkey and various goat/sheep things. Ive not actually discovered which they are yet.

Actually, I feel I learned a few things on this thread too. Not only about JR and his little critter thing going on, and how to "screen" eggs for squatters but, it sheds a light about the "other" side of Sosua. Something which also explains why to some Sosua residents, the eternal rehashing of prostitution and crime related threads can become tiresome, because that's not how some live Sosua.

Now you Mike, you know I like you a great deal, but don't you ever think you can have all them horses for yourself just for a jug of milk.
I've been a horseman myself and would really enjoy hitting the trail again some day. ;)

... J-D.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

the sheep go... "baaaaahhhhhhh"
the goats..... 'beeeeeahhhh"

hope this helps.... bwahaaeehhaaaheeeahhhaaaa

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
35jwjsj.jpg

Web Article:The-difference-between-sheep-and-goats

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Reactions: MikeFisher

MovingToDR2011

Mar 29, 2010
I don't really have anything to add to this, but just to say:

one day last year I was making a fried egg sandwich and the egg that I broke into the frying pan has a red yolk and the tiny beginnings of a head and body of a chick.

I was put off eating egg for a couple of weeks.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
The sheep look young yet they seem to be as big as some of the mature goats.

My idealised goat is bigger than that....:speechles

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you idolise goats ?
so you think they may be geeps or shoats, I didnt know they could interbreed

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Idealise - I hope it is different.
And the missus won't stand for any idolatry in our house.

I am going with goats, albeit wee ones.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
JD,
would love to post you a picture of it, but til next wednesday i am still in germany, no fotos here on the 'puter.
i have my around 35 years old horseriding saddle in PC on the Veranda all year long, the first thing you see when you come to my house, even that i make a living out of fishing and excursions, my 1st pleasure are the 4 legged friends.
i had my own one here, too, on a friends ranch in Otra Banda, but a few years back theHorse named "Paso Libre" crossed the Rio Grande, didn't get a new one, yet.
Mike

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
sheep2.jpg
what am I ? well I know the two on the right are sheep, but what are the others

I am assured that all in this photo are sheep - the ones on the right being the woolly variety which we are all used to and the others are the African breed of more hairy sheep which we have here at our finca.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I think the tail on the far animal is pointing down.
According to the website; if the animal in question is healthy and is not scared, that means it is a sheep.

They do look very like goats though....

Is that the definitive test - tail direction??
If so then this morning has already been worthwhile.

I imagine you have better things to do but could you get a photo from behind these beasts?