UN Report: How Florida is Fueling Haiti's Arms Trafficking Crisis

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
You all very funny lol.

Guns are run from the US to Haiti. Haiti's problem.
Drugs are run from Mexico to the US. Mexico' s fault.
Double standards much ? 😆😆😆😆
Gangs started in LA. El Salvadors fault.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You all very funny lol.

Guns are run from the US to Haiti. Haiti's problem.
Drugs are run from Mexico to the US. Mexico' s fault.
Double standards much ? 😆😆😆😆
No not a double standard at all. You provided a false equivalence which is a logical fallacy.

Guns are just one of Haiti's problems. For which it is unlikely there will be a solution.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I did not read anything in the article to suggest that the UN holds responsible for the supply of guns to the gangs in Haiti .it said that guns were purchased in states with fewer gun controls and shipped by Florida which is the closest state to Haiti. But the report does not say who is financing the purchases of the weapons. many times we are told that these gangs have more weapons that the Haiti police so what can the people of Haiti do. They can march in the streets and be mown down by semi automatic gun fire or they can do their best to stay in safe places. Who is financing the gangs and who is going to take their arms away?? ..it seems that everyone just wants to talk . The poor country has been raped by the French and by Dictators and the poor people are at the mercy of the gangs just like the Dominicans were at the mercy of the Trujillo gangs When will a country or countries have the courage to go in and get rid of these violent gangs .it is a tragedy .
I agree that #Haiti has had a very sad history - but even I (and those who know me on the Board know me at the staunchest defender of Haiti) tire of their capacity to blame everyone else for their problems. Yes - it is tragedy. But it is also self made. The number of former officials now under sanctions from Canada/US is staggering - former Presidents, PMs, heads of police - as if it is almost impossible to find an HONEST man in Haiti. There is a culture of corruption there.

All the weapons that are coming in are being smuggled by Haitians. They are arriving at Haitian ports - public and private. Being then unpacked by Haitians. And then distributed to the gangs. All this activity is going on while Haitians on Twitter (etc) are screaming at the US to "STOP" the trafficking. It is a simple thing to submit a tip to the US Department of ATF 0 https://www.atf.gov/atf-tips

All they have to do is start turning in the REALLY bad guys - who are NOT the kids on the streets with the guns..,. but rather the ones who are paying them.

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
I agree that #Haiti has had a very sad history - but even I (and those who know me on the Board know me at the staunchest defender of Haiti) tire of their capacity to blame everyone else for their problems. Yes - it is tragedy. But it is also self made. The number of former officials now under sanctions from Canada/US is staggering - former Presidents, PMs, heads of police - as if it is almost impossible to find an HONEST man in Haiti. There is a culture of corruption there.

All the weapons that are coming in are being smuggled by Haitians. They are arriving at Haitian ports - public and private. Being then unpacked by Haitians. And then distributed to the gangs. All this activity is going on while Haitians on Twitter (etc) are screaming at the US to "STOP" the trafficking. It is a simple thing to submit a tip to the US Department of ATF 0 https://www.atf.gov/atf-tips

All they have to do is start turning in the REALLY bad guys - who are NOT the kids on the streets with the guns..,. but rather the ones who are paying them.
So the guns come from the US but it’s not at all an American problem?

Feb 16, 2016
-
Of course it is an 🇺🇲 problem if guns are being illegally exported.
No not a double standard at all.
And it IS a double standard.
You provided a false equivalence which is a logical fallacy.
It is neither a logical fallacy nor a false equivalence.

The 🇺🇲 has taken the war on drugs to other countries asking them to provide resources and manpower to fight the problem.
When the problem is really the 🇺🇲 demand for drugs.
The 🇺🇲 needs to hold itself to the same standard when it comes to guns.
They should make the effort of stem the flow of illegal guns out of their own country.
In the same way they ask other countries to stem the flow of drugs out theirs.

Sorry my superior intellect 🧠 bothers so many of you‼️

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I think we can all agree that Haiti is a bloody mess.
Nothing works.
Nobody knows who is in charge.
An anarchy in the truest sense of the word.
How could anybody honestly expect that the authorities in Haiti (such as they are) would be capable/willing to stop the import of deadly/illegal weapons into the country?
I mean...
Really?
Shouldn't the country where the illegal gun running is being initiated be responsible for putting a stop to it?
At least trying?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
??? Times change..... too fast for some maybe.
Cannabis is legal in a bunch of places nowadays..... doesn't mean you can export it to the Dominican Republic.
And yet I have seen persons on FB here offering it up for consumption. I expect to see the hammer fall on them any day now.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I think we can all agree that Haiti is a bloody mess.
Nothing works.
Nobody knows who is in charge.
An anarchy in the truest sense of the word.
How could anybody honestly expect that the authorities in Haiti (such as they are) would be capable/willing to stop the import of deadly/illegal weapons into the country?
I mean...
Really?
Shouldn't the country where the illegal gun running is being initiated be responsible for putting a stop to it?
At least trying?
But of course, it's somebody else's fault.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
I did not read anything in the article to suggest that the UN holds responsible for the supply of guns to the gangs in Haiti .it said that guns were purchased in states with fewer gun controls and shipped by Florida which is the closest state to Haiti. But the report does not say who is financing the purchases of the weapons. many times we are told that these gangs have more weapons that the Haiti police so what can the people of Haiti do. They can march in the streets and be mown down by semi automatic gun fire or they can do their best to stay in safe places. Who is financing the gangs and who is going to take their arms away?? ..it seems that everyone just wants to talk . The poor country has been raped by the French and by Dictators and the poor people are at the mercy of the gangs just like the Dominicans were at the mercy of the Trujillo gangs When will a country or countries have the courage to go in and get rid of these violent gangs .it is a tragedy .
respectfully, This right here tells me that you do not know very much about Guns , at all .. but are running on your Emotions only

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
How are the people making the money to pay $10,000 US for a gun?
Exactly

and to the person who compared it to DRUGS from Mexico,
this is like if a Kilo of Cocaine sold for $250,000 ( ten times the market price ) at that Price , NOTHING would stop it from entering ,, nothing
its the black market at its APEX .. and has nothing to do with where the guns come from .
If it were not Florida, they would ship them around the world, Twice , if the price is $10,000 each.
Florida is just conveniently close in this case , so its easy to Blame the State of Florida .

Reactions: mountainannie

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If you get caught in Florida trying export firearms to another country (regardless whether or not it was purchased legally) without a federal firearms license, the proper permits and paper work required you are in a world trouble so please don't sit here and insinuate FDLE takes a passive approach when it comes to illegal gun trafficking.

Understand that Florida (unlike New York, California, Washingston and a few other states) still believes in sending felons to prison for a very long time if/ when they break the law.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If you get caught in Florida trying export firearms to another country (regardless whether or not it was purchased legally) without a federal firearms license, the proper permits and paper work required you are in a world trouble so please don't sit here and insinuate FDLE takes a passive approach when it comes to illegal gun trafficking.

Understand that Florida (unlike New York, California, Washingston and a few other states) still believes in sending felons to prison for a very long time if/ when they break the law.
if you buy a Gun in Florida and Ship it to ME in NEW JERSEY (I am a NON Felon ) ,, you are even looking at a WORLD of Prolblems .. MASSIVE JAIL TIME
and we both become FELONS ..

What the F more can be Done , besides LAWS which put people in PRISON ??
If these Know it alls want the DEATH Penalty for GUN RUNNERS, then FREEKING PASS THEM ..
But , people who know NOTHING about Guns or Gun Laws , want to TRASH a State , and TRASH Legal Gun Owners who OBEY the freeking Laws ..

I am so sick of it too .

Want Gun Runners DEAD .. ME TOO .. PASS the LAWS to EXECUTE them .. if you got the stones .. do it already

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
if you buy a Gun in Florida and Ship it to ME in NEW JERSEY (I am a NON Felon ) ,, you are even looking at a WORLD of Prolblems .. MASSIVE JAIL TIME
and we both become FELONS ..

What the F more can be Done , besides LAWS which put people in PRISON ??
If these Know it alls want the DEATH Penalty for GUN RUNNERS, then FREEKING PASS THEM ..
But , people who know NOTHING about Guns or Gun Laws , want to TRASH a State , and TRASH Legal Gun Owners who OBEY the freeking Laws ..

I am so sick of it too .

Want Gun Runners DEAD .. ME TOO .. PASS the LAWS to EXECUTE them .. if you got the stones .. do it already
I haven't lived in the states since spring of '06 and I've no plans to live up there again so it's not a big deal to me but at the same time I think it's disingenuous for others to sit here and insinuate America/ Florida doesn't take this type of crime(s) seriously.
To anyone who doubts what I'm saying...
try it some time and see where it lands ya.

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
I haven't lived in the states since spring of '06 and I've no plans to live up there again so it's not a big deal to me but at the same time I think it's disingenuous for others to sit here and insinuate America/ Florida doesn't take this type of crime(s) seriously.
To anyone who doubts what I'm saying...
try it some time and see where it lands ya.
I have no doubt you are right. Isn’t it called the ATF. The US policing. Still apparently some still run the risk. Incredibly that it would be sufficiently rewarding for someone to run that risk. And like Windy asked. How do they in Haiti have the money for it.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have no doubt you are right. Isn’t it called the ATF. The US policing. Still apparently some still run the risk. Incredibly that it would be sufficiently rewarding for someone to run that risk. And like Windy asked. How do they in Haiti have the money for it.
It's probably being funnelled to them thru NGOs.