US goverment warns against travel to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Just heard of new guidelines coming out about a form that one needs to sign before existing JFK and LGA. If you are coming from a designated area you need to go to quarantine. Family member just notified me. Thats all I know
That's what the UK used to have, but now they have banned flights from the Americas excluding Uruguay

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I must be mistaken then. I thought this was you. It isn't?

Please explain what this means like I'm a five year old to be sure I understand "read the entire article." While you're at it, please explain this too, "Go beyond the bait and click headline and read to the very last sentence." Waiting patiently....

TIA
LOL. Wait, as I have no time for your dribble. Get a life

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
LOL. Wait, as I have no time for your dribble. Get a life
I was not expecting much from you hence my sarcasm. You're such and upstarting gentlemen and a wonderful example of someone anyone would enjoy an evening of conversation with, just so neighborly Do you have a life for sale or know where I can acquire one? You appear to be an expert on the subject. Thank you and have a great rest of your day.

Reactions: johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It's a huge blow for RD, that the USA are advising against travel to the RD
This is old news. Same ole same ole rating. Other posters have advised you on the subject. Give it up. It is not a "huge blow' David Doomsday.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
This is old news. Same ole same ole rating. Other posters have advised you on the subject. Give it up. It is not a "huge blow' David Doomsday.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Yes, not a huge blow. Let's just call it a massive chilling effect. Is that better🤣

Hotel reservation cancellations are well underway everywhere now. Reservation numbers are plummeting. Same deal as March when it started.

Close your eyes, click your heels and say in your mind's eye "there is no pandemic, there is no pandemic." and maybe it will up and vanish🤣

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
I suspect there will soon be a new list and the DR could be on it. If that happens then goes my idea of flying via the US and London back to Denmark.

What about the rumor DR will close the airports this week again or the other they will close with change of government.

could spoil your plan even more.

As of now you can go via Madrid (iberia) without passing USA. For the rest I see 95% of all possible connections to Europe via USA. Closing that route would be nasty but less catastrophic then closing the airports again

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
What about the rumor DR will close the airports this week again or the other they will close with change of government.

could spoil your plan even more.

As of now you can go via Madrid (iberia) without passing USA. For the rest I see 95% of all possible connections to Europe via USA. Closing that route would be nasty but less catastrophic then closing the airports again
I don’t know austria. We will have to see. During the national emergency some flights where still going as you know. But I don’t think they will close airports and border again and not completely.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
This was the first post I had made on this subject, so you must be quoting someone else. It was not old news it came from Dominican Today in the last two days. Also other people were quoting from the USA embassy in Santo Domingo. Maybe you think it is not a blow, I think it is a huge blow.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've heard that the JetBlu boys are still chomping at the bit to come to Sosua despite the obvious high risk in that venture, but I think the average American tourist is going to be thinking twice about coming down here.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I've heard that the JetBlu boys are still chomping at the bit to come to Sosua despite the obvious high risk in that venture, but I think the average American tourist is going to be thinking twice about coming down here.
Maybe think twice about traveling and visiting countries in general.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The word you were looking for is *drivel.

For the word dribble, think basketball or when a rain drop dribbles down a window🤣
I gave you a "like" for your knowledge of the English language . But "dribble" was what I meant.You know that stuff that "dribbles" from your mouth when you eat, talk, and "Dribble". Get it? Continue on with your lessons. Glad to give you "likes" as it seems you have no bigger cause than to post dribble.

• Haha
Reactions: GusFring

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Nobody is reading those advisories, every flight to the DR from the USA is as full as they will let those flights go. every la
The Dominican Republic is one of currently 8 countries in the world (and the only one in the Caribbean) where the US tourists can go without restrictions.

Are you sure?

Reactions: KyleMackey
Status
Not open for further replies.