Was Santo Domingo the wrong choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
No it isn't. I've never been but I don't usually hear Sosua associated with prostitution as I do Boca Chica. I hear there are a lot of Haitian beggars in Sosua but not really prostitution.

Well, you need to do more research, perhaps starting with the search function on DR1. Sosua has been well-known for its prostitutes for quite a while....

shawn27

May 24, 2010
You really need to get out and about and see a little bit more of the island.

Well I want to but I don't want to stray too far away from SD. It's hard to find regular hotels outside of SD as most of AI's. I don't like the idea of AI's.. I don't want to be locked up at the resort and go on silly tours. I want to immerse myself with the people. Sosua seems far away from SD... At this point I will almost always stay in SD then venture to Juan Dolio or somewhere relatively close by...

Myabe I need to spend more time in DR, I get about a month yearly vacation and usually either go to Europe or Brazil and Argentina for a little over two weeks... at this point I see DR as a 4 day trip...

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Ok so I called my Dominican friend and asked him if Sosua is known for prostitution and he can't stop laughing so I guess I've been proven wrong.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Well I want to but I don't want to stray too far away from SD. It's hard to find regular hotels outside of SD as most of AI's. I don't like the idea of AI's.. I don't want to be locked up at the resort and go on silly tours. I want to immerse myself with the people. Sosua seems far away from SD... At this point I will almost always stay in SD then venture to Juan Dolio or somewhere relatively close by...

Myabe I need to spend more time in DR, I get about a month yearly vacation and usually either go to Europe or Brazil and Argentina for a little over two weeks... at this point I see DR as a 4 day trip...

You should visit Santiago and then take a 1 day trip to Sosua to see what all the posters are talking about. I think Santiago to Sosua is less than an hour away!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey shawn27, i am like you i cant get enough of Santo Domingo [my preference to stay and have fun] but I always explore the island to see what else I am missing out on. That's why i drive everywhere! Go to the north coast bro! Lots to see out there, like fellow posters here: Santiago, then north is Puerto Plata, and east hit up Sosua and Cabarete. You can make that a 4 day trip if you fly directly into Santiago and spend a day at each place! :)
I think it will be worth the trip! forget the AI resorts, find a decent little hotel in each place and enjoy!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well I want to but I don't want to stray too far away from SD. It's hard to find regular hotels outside of SD as most of AI's. I don't like the idea of AI's.........
As someone previously mentioned, time for you to do some research.

I posted on here before twice.It was regarding going down to the Dominican Republic and wanting to meet a girl.I had heard much about it from Dominican friends.About how fun it was and how I could even find a wife.So I flew down there recently to finally see for myself.From the airport I took a taxi to Boca Chica.Big mistake.The town seemed abandoned and very dangerous.I was there not even 3 hours and left.In Santo Domingo I saw very few tourists,if any, and it was not what I thought.The vibes I got were almost depressing.
Yes I speak Spanish.And have traveled to many parts of the world.But I cut my trip after two days and flew back to the U.S. (Just took the loss).So can someone tell me,are Puerto Plata and Sosua the places to go?Are they safe,the vibe actually fun.I would try again actually.To make up for this lost "vacation".Thanks for any ideas.

So basiclly you went to DR thinking you would have your choice of the finest women just begging to be with you because you are a foreigner. You went to Boca chica and didnt like the choice of hoes, not enough for your liking or just to dark for your taste!!!! You then went to the Capital thinking every woman would throw themselves at you. My suggestion for your next trip would be travel to Puerto Plata, take a cab to Sosua and stay in New Garden Hotel, once checked in walk one block over to Clasicos disco and have your choice of hundreds of nice girls looking to marry you if your bank account can afford them. Enjoy your next vacation.

Reactions: Frank the Tank

shawn27

May 24, 2010
You should visit Santiago and then take a 1 day trip to Sosua to see what all the posters are talking about. I think Santiago to Sosua is less than an hour away!

Yeah but Santiago doesn't have a beach close by right? Plus what is there to do in Santiago? Is it known for tourism?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Well, folks, I'm not the mod for this particular forum, but I think maybe we're in danger of losing sight of the original topic(s) of this particular thread.

The OP wanted both to have fun and meet girls (maybe even a future wife), and thought the SD-BC axis was the way to go. He didn't like it, although frankly he didn't give SD a real chance, in my estimation. So I would suggest we focus in on the following:
(1) can he achieve both goals (fun & meet girls) readily in SD? If so, how best to approach it?

(2) If not SD, or if a better alternative exists in the DR (I hear the Santiago advocates already reading their typing fingers! LOL), where should he try next, and how should he go about it?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Lol!

So basiclly you went to DR thinking you would have your choice of the finest women just begging to be with you because you are a foreigner. You went to Boca chica and didnt like the choice of hoes, not enough for your liking or just to dark for your taste!!!! You then went to the Capital thinking every woman would throw themselves at you. My suggestion for your next trip would be travel to Puerto Plata, take a cab to Sosua and stay in New Garden Hotel, once checked in walk one block over to Clasicos disco and have your choice of hundreds of nice girls looking to marry you if your bank account can afford them. Enjoy your next vacation.

Doctor Badpiece has arrived! :cheeky:
He has your itinerary laid out for you! :)

Reactions: Tamborista

shawn27

May 24, 2010
He only needs to stay in SD. I met plenty of girls there and had fun. I don't consider me paying for drinks and entrtainment paying a prostitute. As for finding a wife I would stick to my own country. To me Santo Domingo has everything. BC sucks, I didn't even think the girls there were that pretty.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
(2) If not SD, or if a better alternative exists in the DR (I hear the Santiago advocates already reading their typing fingers! LOL), where should he try next, and how should he go about it?

Yep, Jalen and I both mentioned.

Santiago to Sosua then a day trip to the East.

True, the nearest beach is 45 minutes to an hour away from Santiago to Sosua but so is SD to BC give or take 15 or 20 minutes.

Tambo said it best. Once you walk around Santiago, let your feet do the rest!!!!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The "city" you choose is not important!
You will find the same in all of them.

What's important is that "YOU" lose the shyness and start talking.
Don't be afraid, they want to talk.
This is not the U.S., talking is permitted here.

Start with the following 3 statements:
(1) Hola
(2) ?C?mo est?s?
(3) ?cu?l es su nombre?

You will be amazed how far those 3 lines will get you in this country.

If they are walking by, the following will normally occur:
(1) They will say hello back,
(2) They will slow down to answer how they are,
and
(3) They will stop and talk to you.

If you need further lessons, I will have to start charging you! ;) lol

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Reactions: Bronxboy

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The "city" you choose is not important!
You will find the same in all of them.

What's important is that "YOU" lose the shyness and start talking.
Don't be afraid, they want to talk.
This is not the U.S., talking is permitted here.

Start with the following 3 statements:
(1) Hola
(2) ?C?mo est?s?
(3) ?cu?l es su nombre?

You will be amazed how far those 3 lines will get you in this country.

If they are walking by, the following will normally occur:
(1) They will say hello back,
(2) They will slow down to answer how they are,
and
(3) They will stop and talk to you.

If you need further lessons, I will have to start charging you! ;) lol

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Spoken like a true player!!!! lol

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Boca Chica.....Booo Hoo....I wanna go Juan Dolio.....Waaaaaa

Bigbird you mean comparing Boca Chica to Juan Dolio? Well the only comparison is that they're both beaches, but I can definitely contrast the two! As you know I was just in DR. I could be wrong but it seems like Boca Chica is a cheap getaway for middle and lower class Dominicans, especially on Sundays.

I can sum up BC as prostitutes and people trying to sell you cheap Haitian looking art. Forget about even trying to relax on the beach, vendors have no problem waking you up trying to sell you their merchandise. I'm surprised they don't try to sell cars on the beach, lol!

Juan Dolio is different. Only ten or so minutes away from BC but much classier. Seems more family oriented and the people seemed to have more class.
I have to admit I felt a little QUEASY when I read some of your posts about Boca Chica. "Cheap getaway for middle class and LOWER class Dominicans, especially on Sundays". (nice to have an elitist attitude....but you can't be serious) Take a look around, you're NOT in South Dakota, ahh HELLO! For all you middle and LOWER class Dominicans, stay off the beach (especially on Sundays!) because Shawn27 might be there. Must feel nice to bash not only a city, but two classes of the Dominican race,(middle and LOWER) GOOD JOB It's only their Country and of course THEIR beach. You're only a guest dude, try not to forget that. "Prostitutes and people trying to sell you cheap looking art" shawn27 these are human beings that feel, have emotions etc WAY before you discard them as just "people" that are in YOUR way, Big inconvience....ya I can relate, NOT. You didn't reject Boca Chica, Boca Chica KICKED YOU TO THE CURB. Prostitutes, they're just so pesky, EWWWWWWW They're just like mosquitos.....Shoo! Shoo! Go away, Waaaa Me want Juan Dolio. Please get me out of this hellhole!!! Me no like. While we're at it, lets just throw ALL THE VENDORS UNDER THE BUS. Because, I get the feeling they were probably in your way too. Again must feel nice and cozy walking around in your little bubble critiquing and making observations (nose HIGH in the air) Nothing wrong with an opinion, but use some common sense when posting. I see the future shawn27, you working on the beach in Boca Chica as a used car salesman. Your thought came true!! They built a Car Dealership right on the beach!! OMG! what a concept. I see you Sweating, sweating, and more sweating..... day after day.....week after week. Maybe then will you appreciate Boca Chica for what it is, and how these "people" as you love to call them live day to day and try to make a living. So the next time you want to judge a place or other human beings, you might want to start by looking in the mirror, I get the feeling there are somes days you don't like what you see. And please don't give me that lame saying "The truth hurts" Or "It is what it is" Doesn't apply with an attitude like that. Again good job shawn27 Almost forgot, you did get one thing right...There is a beach in Boca Chica.....and also Jaun Dolio. Have a great day kiddo...........

Status
Not open for further replies.