Why do you want to educate your children in a third world country?

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I lived in the Dr. with my family and kids until 1996. When I finished my school and graduated from the uce in san-pedro-de-macoris. I thought that leaving to the us was the best thing to do at that point after graduation and go work in the great usa. Let me tell you now in hind-sight. That was the worst idea and decision I have ever made in my entire life. In the the Dr. I had my own house , suv, scooter, deisel generator and all the works and everything you could ask for in a 3rd world country, but the most valuable asset I had was my united family in the Dr. and peace and tranquility. I never had the latter ever again in the us.

If I could turn the clock back now. I should have stayed in the Dr. with my family and only go to the us to visit and maybe go buy some things for personal use or for business. The us has only materiall things to offer you and your family, but if you wait and have patience you can have the same things in the Dr. with time and you can live even a better life and your kids would be happier seeing the family united all the time, try doing that in the us goodluck!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Suarez, you're an American, what else should the grow up to be other than what their father and they were born into?

Ah dude I'm not an American (Other than I do hold American citizenship)...I'm from Cotui. My wife is American. We should have moved down to The DR wen the kids were still little, but of course the lure of a good paying job in The US prevented us from doing it.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
To most of the posters,the goal,is a high paying job in the USA,or other developed country.
I prefer a job you enjoy,in a country you love,with time to be with those you love.
Our family in the DR is together most of the time,24/7.
In the USA,etc.,that is not the case.
Most of my adult family in the USA,get up early,fight trafic to get to work,spend at least 8 hours at their job,fight trafic to get home,have "Frozen",or "Fast Food",watch 3 different TVs,and go to bed.Five days a week.On weekends,they do "Chores" on Saturday,sleep late on Sunday,then watch football,eat a pizza,and go to bed.
Once a year they go to a "Tropical Paradise" like the DR,for a week at an "AI"!
I left all that at 50,and came down here.
This is BETTER.
For me,and my kids.
We have a lot of relatives here who don't have much,but they do have "Eachother"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You are 100% correct, but this is the life of Americans. I know the USA has its flaws, what country does not. I have never met a person who can tell me the bad out weighs the good in the USA. I LOVE my country and my fellow American brothers and sisters no matter the race. Many of you live in tropical locals because of the freedom the USA allows its citizens to have. Go walk the streets of the DR and ask people how many of them recieve money from family members in the US. How much money from the US via Western Union helps the Dominican economy? When our economy took a plunge the whole world felt it. I know it is not cool or keepin with the IN CROWD on DR1 to be a person that thinks the USA is the BEST country in the world. Go to any place here when people obtain their citizenship the look on their face is priceless I know because I was at one when my daughter grandmother recieved hers. I feel bad for Americans that dislike their homeland I really do. I need you to understand me clearly MR Colon: The only people who have the BACK of Americans are Americans. Everytime something bad happens in the world the people of the world look to Americans, and being an American I would not have it any other way. THE PRICE OF BEING A GREAT NATION.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I lived in the Dr. with my family and kids until 1996. When I finished my school and graduated from the uce in san-pedro-de-macoris. I thought that leaving to the us was the best thing to do at that point after graduation and go work in the great usa. Let me tell you now in hind-sight. That was the worst idea and decision I have ever made in my entire life. In the the Dr. I had my own house , suv, scooter, deisel generator and all the works and everything you could ask for in a 3rd world country, but the most valuable asset I had was my united family in the Dr. and peace and tranquility. I never had the latter ever again in the us.

If I could turn the clock back now. I should have stayed in the Dr. with my family and only go to the us to visit and maybe go buy some things for personal use or for business. The us has only materiall things to offer you and your family, but if you wait and have patience you can have the same things in the Dr. with time and you can live even a better life and your kids would be happier seeing the family united all the time, try doing that in the us goodluck!
Now your back in the DR thats great!!! You do not have to talk bad about my country to make your point. Family is just as important in USA as anywhere else. Why do so many people think because we are Americans we do not deserve the many advantages our country allows us to have? You are Dominican right so you feel more natural in DR, your not an American even though you may have citizenship YOUR NOT AN AMERICAN. Believe me the US have plenty of people proud to be in this country you were not. It is a lot of people in line to take your place. GO down to US consulate in the morning on Maximo Gomez then reply back.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Thank you everyone very much for your excellent, sincere, and heart felt comments! Wow! I have learned so much. I really mean it. So many good responses have given me so much to think about.

I greatly appreciate it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Now your back in the DR thats great!!! You do not have to talk bad about my country to make your point. Family is just as important in USA as anywhere else. Why do so many people think because we are Americans we do not deserve the many advantages our country allows us to have? You are Dominican right so you feel more natural in DR, your not an American even though you may have citizenship YOUR NOT AN AMERICAN. Believe me the US have plenty of people proud to be in this country you were not. It is a lot of people in line to take your place. GO down to US consulate in the morning on Maximo Gomez then reply back.

Perhaps you should stop talking bad about the DR, if it bothers you when others slag your country.

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I am not dominican!!! I am a us expat that moved down and lived in the Dr. with my american family in the 90s and decided to stay and make a life there. I was born and raised in the us and went to the Dr for the very first time as an adult and suffered and endured the culture shock and learned the language in the Dr. and payed my dues as a newbie the hardway I earned it and eventualy adapted to the country at the end with a few lucky breaks in business in the Dr. I decided to return to the us but with capital and re-invested my money in the us and started a new business in the us that I still own till this day and there on after a chain reactions of other profitables business in the us, but you missed my point!!! Which was that even if you live in the us and are successful as I was in both countrys that does not "STOP SOMEONE FROM HAVING AN OPINION" to which country you can live better for specific reasons and the bottom line is it's not all about the money and if you have good job in order for you to be happy you can make money in the Dr. also I know I have done it. There are other things that define happiness. "I AM AMERICAN" and that has given me the priviledge to live most anywhere I have wanted to live and I have met many other expat's that live in costa rica,panama and even colombia that think the sameway I do so there must be something valid in my opinion.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
PS: Some of us that posted are not upper-class ex-pats. We too came from hard-working families that fought for "better" as well. If this OP is an expat, which I assume that he/she is, they are obviously addressing the expat community when writing, "Why do you want to educate your children in a third world country". This statement would not include those that do not have the choice of whether their child's education is here or there.

Hi Fleur,

I'm a US citizen from the east coast who has son born in the DR that lives with his mom, who I just married recently.

I just feel as his Dad that I must provide for him the best education that I can muster with the most choices. Because i received my education here and cultivated my professional relationships here, here is best for him and my wife. But after that, I want to retire, partly to the DR, maintain my US status and health bennys and reasonably nice homes in both countries. As well as doa little business if I see fit.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Why should it matter to anyone whether I want my kids to attend school in the DR or USA? Are you trying to validate your decision or convince people to do what you did? I would want my kids to do whatever they want to do in life career-wise.

No, not at all and no to what you're asking. I'm too old for that. Just seeking info to try to make an informed decision and from the responses here, I'm glad I'm asked the question. I'm not a pretentious person so chill out with BS questions.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
"fleur" I doubt that the "OP" is an Expat.I also,despite the "disclaimer", do find the question "condescending".
JMB has a "CHIP" she is dealing with, and doesn't get the whole "point" of raising/educating a child in the DR,"FAMILY TIES"!
My girls go to an OK school in Arroyo Hondo.Tuition is 4,400 pesos a month,each.I don't feel that is "Upper Class".
The "Resources" line is a cop out.Eveyone,including DR poor,has "Resources".They have resources for cell phones,beer,and $100 dollar "Tenis"!And we all have the most important resource for raising/educating our children,our TIME.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC I meant not to offend or be condescending to anyone and I do appreciate and respect your opinion on this thread.

But when you joke, you're a trip!

mrp

Jul 7, 2008
why would I want my kid to be a lawyer???

This question is not meant to be condescending.

Why do you want to educate your children in a third world country? What careers do you hope for them to pursue and what are the chances of them being successful in attaining them? How much will they earn here? Even doctors, lawyers, and especially teachers don't make 1/6 the amount as in the U.S.

I plan to retire in the DR, at least half time, but not until my son receives his first world education. There are way too many superior educational opportunities here, despite the current economic problems in almost every school district, public or parochial, for me to even consider letting him go to DR schools. The fact that more people from others countries come to the U.S. more than any other country in the world for their education, careers, and other opportunities speaks for itself.

Anyway I wish you the best outcome for you and your family.

Who wants to be a lawyer in the U.S.? Or a banker, or all the other greedy immoral jobs that are out there?Not me and I don' want that for my kids either. When you live here, at least you have a chance to make a positive impact in a poorly educated, and uneducated society. It's like being a big fish in a small pond. I am truly tired of watching the American "culture" becoming more selfish and greedy and willfully ignorant all of the time, wher it seems like each day people become more programmed on how to act, think, and what to buy in their little revolving worlds. The economy really sucks in the states right now, and the education, as far as formal education, since civil education is based on family and home life, which in the states has turned into a complete joke. While it is clearly higher quality in the states, it is designed to produce clones that have no capacity for critical thinking and individual expression. I have been a professional musician for 37 years, and I have more work and higher pay here than in the states. Why? because people of means here genuinely appreciate that good music is a very important part of their lives, and they are willing to pay for it. In the states they pay lawyers, bankers, investors, and others tons of money, while artists can't even make a decent living most of the time. Why??? Because almost no one has artistic and musical education. I's all about the business of music and art, and "marketing" it to the uneducated masses. It has nothing to do with talent, creativity, or individuality, quite the contrary. Just image and marketability to people who wouldn't know he difference as much as a fatty who bends over to pick up a penny that she dropped at Walmart knows if she just split her pants opened or passed gas. My question is, what kind of society would be a better one, one where talented musicians and artists of all kinds were in demand because people appreciated their talent and were drawn by their individual expression and demanded more and paid them fairly? Or are we better off where the value of a person is based on how much money is in their bank account, no matter how the money wound up there or what level of quality the person actually is. That's what the U.S. is now, and I know which world I would rather be in. Not to say the DR is perfect by a long shot, far from it, but at least my kids live a simpler and happier and more realistic life not carrying around judgemental attitudes created by their parents, and they can excel in a more controlled environment, because I am able to control it, and they should be able to make more of a difference here than they could ever make in such a willfully ignorant country like the one I was born in, the United States of America.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I actually think that being educated in a third world country can be of real benefit.

When I was seven years old, I was taken out of the British education system and we went to live in Zaire. My Dad had a job there, so we went as an entire family.

My sister and I were sent to an American school, but there was a real melting pot of nationalities. I remember that my best friend at the time was Argentinian. At that time Britain was at war with the Argies over the Falkands! We were aware of the war, but it didn?t matter to us, in fact we became a talking point of the school!

When I was a teenager, I moved back to England and I had to re-integrate back into the English secondary school system. I was the only kid who could speak another language fluently. In fact my French was better than my French teacher?s. I went to the top of the class on every subject I took (except art!) Not bad for a kid who had been raised in jungle of Central Africa!

Now that we?ve all grown up, I?ve found a few of my old classmates through facebook and friends reunited. It seems that almost everyone that I went to school with in Africa has made something of their lives.

I am now blessed with two new babies. The twins were born just before Christmas. When they are old enough I intend to enroll them in the International School of Sosua. I think it will give them a great head-start in life.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
what a beautiful story

I actually think that being educated in a third world country can be of real benefit.

When I was seven years old, I was taken out of the British education system and we went to live in Zaire. My Dad had a job there, so we went as an entire family.

My sister and I were sent to an American school, but there was a real melting pot of nationalities. I remember that my best friend at the time was Argentinian. At that time Britain was at war with the Argies over the Falkands! We were aware of the war, but it didn?t matter to us, in fact we became a talking point of the school!

When I was a teenager, I moved back to England and I had to re-integrate back into the English secondary school system. I was the only kid who could speak another language fluently. In fact my French was better than my French teacher?s. I went to the top of the class on every subject I took (except art!) Not bad for a kid who had been raised in jungle of Central Africa!

Now that we?ve all grown up, I?ve found a few of my old classmates through facebook and friends reunited. It seems that almost everyone that I went to school with in Africa has made something of their lives.

I am now blessed with two new babies. The twins were born just before Christmas. When they are old enough I intend to enroll them in the International School of Sosua. I think it will give them a great head-start in life.

I think my boys are growing up spoiled here in the U.S.Don't get me wrong,I am where I am today because my dad brought me here.Like sammy sosa says"beisbal has bin veddy veddy gud tu mi"America has been good to me too.But all it took was one trip to Alma Rosa last year and I realized "I want my kids to experience this"Believe,they d appreciate things more.That trip made realized that I can be happy with less,as long as my family is together.It's like CC said,when people come over to see you,nobody watches tv,the kids actually play.My grandmas house,there's two dogs,my uncle and wife,their son,there's always something going on in the kitchen,you hear la pazola 20 times a minutes from the colmado(I can't believe they deliver calling cards..lol)It's just different.I grew up in Caracas,and it seems that kids grow up with a different mindset.They actually wanna be something when they grow up,they don't go to college to take "liberal arts",it's a pride thing to finish school and contribute to society.Here,on the other hand,kids go to school to hang out.Maybe it's because school is free and gives them pocket money and free books,even train fare? When I was in fifth grade in Caracas,if I didn't have lunch money,I didn't eat.Maybe those experiences push you to thrive from a young age.It's just my opinion,not facts(that's my line,Derfish is trying to steal it,lol)but kids grow up spoiled here and a sense of entitlement(which is also the parent's fault which might be due to the fact that material things are easier to obtain here.)My mother came from a campo(San Juan),to this day(20 years in the U.S.) she's still working two jobs.Here I see people younger than me,with more kids than I have living off the government and yet walking around with louis vitton purses and their kids looking like mendigos and two word vocabulary.The greatest ejemplo I've seen here of hard working people,are the right off the boat Africans.But what I admired the most,is their sense of family and values.My two cents

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Who wants to be a lawyer in the U.S.? Or a banker, or all the other greedy immoral jobs that are out there?Not me and I don' want that for my kids either. When you live here, at least you have a chance to make a positive impact in a poorly educated, and uneducated society. It's like being a big fish in a small pond. I am truly tired of watching the American "culture" becoming more selfish and greedy and willfully ignorant all of the time, wher it seems like each day people become more programmed on how to act, think, and what to buy in their little revolving worlds. The economy really sucks in the states right now, and the education, as far as formal education, since civil education is based on family and home life, which in the states has turned into a complete joke. While it is clearly higher quality in the states, it is designed to produce clones that have no capacity for critical thinking and individual expression. I have been a professional musician for 37 years, and I have more work and higher pay here than in the states. Why? because people of means here genuinely appreciate that good music is a very important part of their lives, and they are willing to pay for it. In the states they pay lawyers, bankers, investors, and others tons of money, while artists can't even make a decent living most of the time. Why??? Because almost no one has artistic and musical education. I's all about the business of music and art, and "marketing" it to the uneducated masses. It has nothing to do with talent, creativity, or individuality, quite the contrary. Just image and marketability to people who wouldn't know he difference as much as a fatty who bends over to pick up a penny that she dropped at Walmart knows if she just split her pants opened or passed gas. My question is, what kind of society would be a better one, one where talented musicians and artists of all kinds were in demand because people appreciated their talent and were drawn by their individual expression and demanded more and paid them fairly? Or are we better off where the value of a person is based on how much money is in their bank account, no matter how the money wound up there or what level of quality the person actually is. That's what the U.S. is now, and I know which world I would rather be in. Not to say the DR is perfect by a long shot, far from it, but at least my kids live a simpler and happier and more realistic life not carrying around judgemental attitudes created by their parents, and they can excel in a more controlled environment, because I am able to control it, and they should be able to make more of a difference here than they could ever make in such a willfully ignorant country like the one I was born in, the United States of America.

No problema!! When you go to any airport in DR ask the people which planes are headed to the US, and you and your family keep your asses off those planes. See how easy that was.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"JMB","What The Phuck"?????????????????????????????????
You must be the "American Version" of "PICHARDO"!
Can't stand any criticism of the USA?
I have the right to do just that!BECAUSE,I am an American Citizen.
I stood up for American,and volunteered for the military,and went to VietNam,even though the "war" was "wrong"!
I don't believe you can say that American families live,visit,and interact with their families on a regular basis.
Thanksgiving,sure,Christmas,maybe,birthdays,sometimes,"Dia De Las Madres,MENOS"!!!!!!
In America,that "Great Job" in California,trumps living down the street,or highway,from "Grampa & Grandma"!
Here,we don't have to go very far to see "Mami",or "Papi"(Grandparents) just into the kitchen or livingroom,or upstairs to THEIR bedroom.
My two sisters and I left our small midwestern town for school and "work".But our sense of "Family" brought us all together in Boston,not long after.
If you want to know about "Family" in the DR,GET SICK"!
If you are in the hospital,so is your family.When it comes time to pay the "Bill".
,it "Take up a collection" time.
You MAY get a card in the USA,probably NOT!
I became obsessed with "Things/Stuff" in the USA.NORMAL!
I am happier being "Obsessed" with my family.
I detect an "undercurrent"of jealousy for what we have here.
Listen to "Los Dominicanos" who ,"had It",and "Lost It"(Dominican "Family First" Culture)! You might not be able to understand i
"IT",if you never experienced "IT"!
I have been accused,MANY Times,of "Hating" Dominicans,and everything "Dominican"!
I have been told to,"If you hate Dominicans,"so much",just leave!
"No Way"!
If you think I "Bitch&Moan" about the DR,and "Stupid Dominican "TRICKS",you should hear the Dominicans!
It's mostly those "Gringos" who have only visited the DR for a week,or two, on their annual vacation,who are most offended by my posts "critisizing" the DR,and the resident"Spin Doctores Dominicanos".
I have put my "Money where my Mouth Is"in supporting the DR,but more importantly,"Where My HEART Is"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I think my boys are growing up spoiled here in the U.S.Don't get me wrong,I am where I am today because my dad brought me here.Like sammy sosa says"beisbal has bin veddy veddy gud tu mi"America has been good to me too.But all it took was one trip to Alma Rosa last year and I realized "I want my kids to experience this"Believe,they d appreciate things more.That trip made realized that I can be happy with less,as long as my family is together.It's like CC said,when people come over to see you,nobody watches tv,the kids actually play.My grandmas house,there's two dogs,my uncle and wife,their son,there's always something going on in the kitchen,you hear la pazola 20 times a minutes from the colmado(I can't believe they deliver calling cards..lol)It's just different.I grew up in Caracas,and it seems that kids grow up with a different mindset.They actually wanna be something when they grow up,they don't go to college to take "liberal arts",it's a pride thing to finish school and contribute to society.Here,on the other hand,kids go to school to hang out.Maybe it's because school is free and gives them pocket money and free books,even train fare? When I was in fifth grade in Caracas,if I didn't have lunch money,I didn't eat.Maybe those experiences push you to thrive from a young age.It's just my opinion,not facts(that's my line,Derfish is trying to steal it,lol)but kids grow up spoiled here and a sense of entitlement(which is also the parent's fault which might be due to the fact that material things are easier to obtain here.)My mother came from a campo(San Juan),to this day(20 years in the U.S.) she's still working two jobs.Here I see people younger than me,with more kids than I have living off the government and yet walking around with louis vitton purses and their kids looking like mendigos and two word vocabulary.The greatest ejemplo I've seen here of hard working people,are the right off the boat Africans.But what I admired the most,is their sense of family and values.My two cents
I agree with everything you've written I have kids too in both countries one in DR and one here in the states. I have a daughter here that I spoil ever chance I get, and I try to spoil my 3yrs old daughter in SD she also lives in Alma Rosa II. I understand the point you make I am African American and my father is Puerto Rican, and my daughter living here is half Mexican, also my mother's best friend who is my God mother is from Colon, Panama she is the reason I have grown to love Panama. I have learned at a very young age the value of a dollar. The DR has its a great upside, but the downsides are just too much for a father with a 8yr old and 3 yr old both girls. I have been on both sides of the track, and my mother always said the hardest thing she ever had to endure was some nights my sisters and I not having food, and we were living in the US not the DR people struggle across the board. I understand what you are saying, but I know I should not say this but I have to. I love LOVE taking my daughter here to her Catholic school with her cute uniform, that my mother pays the tution for THANKS MOM, and I love dropping her off in my 2010 Cadillac Escalade, and when she stays over in my beautiful apartment, and when I sit in her room or help her clean her room and look at all the pretty cloths and shoes her mother and I provided. I will never feel bad for the THINGS just THINGS I have, or that feel my daughter when turn out to be spoil or ungrateful. I have a lovely kid, and my daughter in Santo Domingo will not be more grateful because her area code is 809 and my other daughter is 773. I'm AA and Boricua and her mother is from a proud Mexican family believe me we SNATCH her back in line everytime she thinks she is getting over. Just because one family chooses to give their kids everything the parents did not have, does not make those parents out of touch with reality. I never never never want my daughters to open the nevera and see only butter and water inside like many times I had to growing up, but my mom was STRONG. Teach your kids to be STRONG!! and you and you kids will be fine.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
home schooling

I think every parent should take responsibility in filling in the gaps here in the Dr schooling system. If it doesn't include private schooling then it should include private tutoring and home schooling . In Canada is some schools it is illegal to have a ball in the school playground. Kids have no gym class anymore and are overweight. Everyone gets bussed to school. My nephew can't take his musical instrument on the bus for insurance purposes . Apparently in the campo where I live the public schooling is fairly good. Quite a few students receive scholarships to study abroad.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
"JMB","What The Phuck"?????????????????????????????????
You must be the "American Version" of "PICHARDO"!
Can't stand any criticism of the USA?
I have the right to do just that!BECAUSE,I am an American Citizen.
I stood up for American,and volunteered for the military,and went to VietNam,even though the "war" was "wrong"!
I don't believe you can say that American families live,visit,and interact with their families on a regular basis.
Thanksgiving,sure,Christmas,maybe,birthdays,sometimes,"Dia De Las Madres,MENOS"!!!!!!
In America,that "Great Job" in California,trumps living down the street,or highway,from "Grampa & Grandma"!
Here,we don't have to go very far to see "Mami",or "Papi"(Grandparents) just into the kitchen or livingroom,or upstairs to THEIR bedroom.
My two sisters and I left our small midwestern town for school and "work".But our sense of "Family" brought us all together in Boston,not long after.
If you want to know about "Family" in the DR,GET SICK"!
If you are in the hospital,so is your family.When it comes time to pay the "Bill".
,it "Take up a collection" time.
You MAY get a card in the USA,probably NOT!
I became obsessed with "Things/Stuff" in the USA.NORMAL!
I am happier being "Obsessed" with my family.
I detect an "undercurrent"of jealousy for what we have here.
Listen to "Los Dominicanos" who ,"had It",and "Lost It"(Dominican "Family First" Culture)! You might not be able to understand i
"IT",if you never experienced "IT"!
I have been accused,MANY Times,of "Hating" Dominicans,and everything "Dominican"!
I have been told to,"If you hate Dominicans,"so much",just leave!
"No Way"!
If you think I "Bitch&Moan" about the DR,and "Stupid Dominican "TRICKS",you should hear the Dominicans!
It's mostly those "Gringos" who have only visited the DR for a week,or two, on their annual vacation,who are most offended by my posts "critisizing" the DR,and the resident"Spin Doctores Dominicanos".
I have put my "Money where my Mouth Is"in supporting the DR,but more importantly,"Where My HEART Is"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CC have you ever heard of States like Mississippi Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas if you read some of my post I state I am African American and Puerto Rican. Go back and look where I wrote ROLL TIDE. I grew up in Chicago born in Humboldt park. Why do you think I write ROll TIDE because my mother is from the wonderful state of Alabama. My moms family defines the word family the entire town knows the second she is back. In my grandmothers house at the most I have seen 40 to 50 people in front and inside. Your world and my world are like night and day. I have a huge HUGE family I can go to three different place and call someone and have a place to stay, Colon Panama, Ponce PR ,SD in DR. Your family was not close do not LUMP all Americans into your history regarding families in the USA. ONE MORE THING: ROLL DAMN TIDE 2012 National CHAMPS!!!! Some of the nicest people are from the southern states of USA. Im sorry you had to go to the DR to find what family really is.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding it slightly ironic that on this thread about education there are so many posts without paragraphs.

I find that my eyes just glaze over if I see a large block of text without any proper punctuation.

It's difficult and boring to read!

So get with the program and git ejumikated in the thurd wurld and learn summin!