Why No Drunk Driving Law Enforcement? Unreal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I think drink driving in most civilized countries is far too strict. People have been drink driving for years, and there is not real rise on the death toll that I'm aware of due to the alcohol. Yes it might play a part, but I think the majority are that people are driving cars beyond them. I see little old women driving big pick ups, just able to see the road through the top of the steering wheel, unable to even park them, or turn around. I see young kids driving cars that they just do not have control of. The same with motorcycles, I see guys driving high performance bikes that they really do not understand, once the bike gets away from them, it's gone. If drunk then there is not recovery, but I don't believe the reason for the accident. Same in the car.
Hug I think you need to acquaint yourself with the effects alcohol has on behaviour and motor skills. It is absurd to suggest that alcohol does not impair your judgement and driving ability especially in a country with the lighting, road conditions and driving habits of the average motorist here.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Hug I think you need to acquaint yourself with the effects alcohol has on behaviour and motor skills. It is absurd to suggest that alcohol does not impair your judgement and driving ability especially in a country with the lighting, road conditions and driving habits of the average motorist here.

Absurd? Read my post again and then try again and write something in response to what I wrote, not what you want me to have wrote.

And no need for lectures on how alcohol effects my driving, I am well aware and drive accordingly.

Last edited:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Drink Driving Statistics UK ? Drinkdriving.org

You are right about alcool being a "aggrevator" factor.
But banning drink and drive SAVES lifes.......

I am not doubting that, like I say reaction times are effected after a drink. But I stand by my point that people are not in control of their car, then they will crash eventually anyway.

I know what I'd expect to be more likely crashed, a 20 year old in a gunt munster, or a 20 year old in a fiat punto after a few drinks.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
This is a country with many laws and most are not obeyed..some people say it is a reaction from the Trujillo era .. Drink driving is a hassle and you must always keep your wits about you especially when driving at night ,but just as bad is the custom of taxi drivers of putting a towel on their window to stop the sun rays but of course they cannot see into the side mirror or nothing on their left so they just pull out in front of cars .
I also do not agre with Senor Webster who thinks this site is to vent anger and dislike for all things Dominican .. I really do not like gringos who come here and do nothing but complain..best for them to pack up and go home

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Absurd? Read my post again and then try again and write something in response to what I wrote, not what you want me to have wrote.

And no need for lectures on how alcohol effects my driving, I am well aware and drive accordingly.

You are well aware how it affects your driving??? Nothing to be proud of that you drive impaired. No, you are NOT in full control of over a ton of vehicle, your reflexes are much much slower and your vision impaired. And you drive accordingly?? Surely, you must be kidding us.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You are well aware how it affects your driving??? Nothing to be proud of that you drive impaired. No, you are NOT in full control of over a ton of vehicle, your reflexes are much much slower and your vision impaired. And you drive accordingly?? Surely, you must be kidding us.

Again, people seem to be having issues reading my posts, it is plain English. Yes I am aware, and drive accordingly! Would I not be a fool to drive as if I had not had a drink, that's how accidents happen:hurt: Why should I be joking. If you live in DR and tell me that you or friends of you do not drive after a drink then I will call you a liar, outright! It is done to some extent by most, why? because we can. To what extent? To whatever extent we want to, because, we can, it is up to us. I drive very comfortably in DR and the only time I've been involved in anything I was sober as a judge and not my fault. I drive often after a drink and never had an issue, with police or with other traffic or pedestrians. If we are not policed then we need to police ourselves, as we did before the powers that be decided how much alcohol we all could drink before we lost our capabilities. Peoples reactions are impaired after a long day at work, should they not drive.
I hate penguin values and opinion, and so do not answer to them because I do not have to as I did in Europe.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Again, people seem to be having issues reading my posts, it is plain English. Yes I am aware, and drive accordingly! Would I not be a fool to drive as if I had not had a drink, that's how accidents happen:hurt: Why should I be joking. If you live in DR and tell me that you or friends of you do not drive after a drink then I will call you a liar, outright! It is done to some extent by most, why? because we can. To what extent? To whatever extent we want to, because, we can, it is up to us. I drive very comfortably in DR and the only time I've been involved in anything I was sober as a judge and not my fault. I drive often after a drink and never had an issue, with police or with other traffic or pedestrians. If we are not policed then we need to police ourselves, as we did before the powers that be decided how much alcohol we all could drink before we lost our capabilities. Peoples reactions are impaired after a long day at work, should they not drive.
I hate penguin values and opinion, and so do not answer to them because I do not have to as I did in Europe.

Well, Hug, It only takes one time to get behind the wheel while impaired and kill an innocent bystander, be it yourself or some poor mother walking her baby in a stroller. Yes, as you stated, you can do it in DR........doesn't mean it is right at all. There no getting around it Hug, drinking and driving kills ......the end

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
There no getting around it Hug, drinking and driving kills ......the end

There is no getting around it, driving kills. There is no getting around it, drinking kills. There is no getting around it, combine the two and it will kill. I doubt much more than the others without combination. There are far more peopled killed each day driving while sober than while drunk.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
If you do not subscribe to the Dominican way of life regarding drink and driving then why come here? There are plenty of PC places that might suit you better.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Life or Death

If you do not subscribe to the Dominican way of life regarding drink and driving then why come here?

Hmm, should that not be:
'If you do not subscribe to the Dominican way of death regarding drink and driving then why come here?' :rolleyes:

donP

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Question is still the same.....What gives foreigners the right to tell Dominicans how they should live or die if you like? We are guests and if you don't feel comfortable with your hosts attitudes to drink and driving then leave. The Dominicans will not miss you.

Hmm, should that not be:
'If you do not subscribe to the Dominican way of death regarding drink and driving then why come here?' :rolleyes:

donP

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I have been to college football games that actually take over a town...city...everyone it appears is drinking...this is a big school and lots of money here...all good looking well dressed peeps. not a siren to be heard all day...restaurants full... peeps and co eds drinking.. party time.. maybe daddy's money reaches deep into their monthly stipends...
not going to buy them a new car ..cut off their spending money or is it they actually know better...family and well educated...peeps....
im not saying that a couple of guys arent puking but no arrests for dui...no collisions...no inspections for tags etc...all well behaved , moneyed people...spending enjoying etc...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Question is still the same.....What gives foreigners the right to tell Dominicans how they should live or die if you like? We are guests and if you don't feel comfortable with your hosts attitudes to drink and driving then leave. The Dominicans will not miss you.

Darn stupid post......... Did u ask someone who lost a relative to a drunk driver ?? Or someone who lost a limb ???

BTW I visited the island of totowak........ They always hack to death the first newborn and eat his brains........ but hey!! Who am I to say it is wrong ??

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Darn stupid post......... Did u ask someone who lost a relative to a drunk driver ?? Or someone who lost a limb ???

Lots more people lose life or limb while driving sober, a lot more than while driving drunk, drinking while driving alone is not enough of a reason, there are other factors. Again, you can not tell others what their capabilities are based on your own. I see far more dangerous drivers out there, driving without any capabilities who are utter liabilities, sober. I am a competent enough driver to know my limits, I'm not claiming we all are, but I did previously refer to policing ourselves in a lawless society.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I agree with HUG.Most of the accidents here can be attributed to a lack education or vechile negligence. I feel there are many that drive here that shouldn't have a license. That being the case its more dangerous to drive impaired here than in NA.We all know our limits and are aware of the consequences.After nine years I've lost three friends to DD. I still drink and drive but try to limit my exposure.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Lots more people lose life or limb while driving sober, a lot more than while driving drunk, drinking while driving alone is not enough of a reason, there are other factors.
I'm not sure your comment is supported by the facts.

According to the Minister of Health's office, 80% of all traffic accidents with injuries involve a moto, and 80% of those involve alcohol.*

Those are big numbers.

So, yes, most accidents in the DR do involve alcohol.

*I'm working on a moto project with that office and have been provided with the data generated by clinics.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I'm not sure your comment is supported by the facts.

According to the Minister of Health's office, 80% of all traffic accidents with injuries involve a moto, and 80% of those involve alcohol.*

Those are big numbers.

So, yes, most accidents in the DR do involve alcohol.

*I'm working on a moto project with that office and have been provided with the data generated by clinics.

No facts please :)

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Just for the record, driving after drinking is legal in the U.S. Up to the limit of 0.08 percent blood alcohol content. Some places they will prosecute you anyway even if your blood alcohol content is less than 0.08, if they think they can prove you were "impaired." They might do this if you did something while driving that would show your are impaired. Never mind that people do these kind of things every day all day long and do not get cited. Arbitary sometimes just like the DR!

Status
Not open for further replies.