*** World Cup - Football - Venues - Chit Chat ***

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Actually, I'm starting to worry about Slovenia. They've turned out to be the dark horse of the group!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
OK USA V Slovenia just finished 2-2 so, by my reckoning, if England beat Algeria by 2 goals or more, they go top of the group.
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
GREAT USA COMEBACK!!..............Horrible call at the end of the game......Nobody knows why that late goal by the US was called back.....watch the replay.....tough break.........but we will take the point......still alive...........

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes,
a very interesting group.
Slovenia started strong but with 2 goals down the US Boys brought a great game on the screens, well earned tie at the end.
i have myself also no clue why the late goal not been given to count, no offside, no foul, weird decision.
and such weird decisions can even be more effective, just seen this morning in the German's game, that spanish referee was a 3rd division whistle at best.
the missed penalty did not do any better for the mental power of the team i guess.
England should shoot Algeria into the ground this afternoon, at least that's what i await from the Brits.
looking forward on a nice game in a couple hours.
Go Brits Go,
you are traditionally a Team that has to be in the final rounds
Mike

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I guess I cannot stop the inevitable dialogue.. thread title changed :)

Algeria, now this is going to be fun!

Chat away...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha,
don't get nervous Robert,
today you guys will take a Victory,
not that bad of a theme for a chit chat i guess, lol.
if anybody of you guys is near Cabeza de Toro,
i am alone at home, the Mrs is in Santiago,
i have the Flat out on the sunny Veranda,
beers and wine and Rum is stocked,
always a good cigar at hand,
just step by to watch the game.

good luck Brits
Mike

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Algerian are tough, they don't give up (hey, they managed to kick out the French, lol )

Go Algeria !!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
unless it is not my fav Brazilians or of course my beloved Germans i am usually with the underdogs,
but heck,
i have too many british friends,,
Go Rooney Goooo
Mike

but right,
the Green shirts play a unexpected good match til now,
and England has no ""Green"" on today, lol

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
tough times for the English and the Germans this Cup, Robert.
for mine it had been the first defeat in a group round of a world cup since 1986.
but i am confident that they will go through.
Mike

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
They just don't get it!

Well, another lacklustre and disappointing performance from the England team.
Wayne Rooney's outburst at the end of the match concerning the fans booing made me realise that they just don't get the fans support and patriotism. Thousands and thousands of fans have paid for the trip out to SA to show their support (despite the economic climate Chip ;)) and they get that in return.
We had the football pundits in the studio almost entirely blaming Fabio Capello..... why can't we just accept that they weren't giving their all and don't play like men proud to wear the shirt.
I can never understand why English men will gamble small fortunes on England to win their matches by wide goal margins.. it rarely, if ever, happens. I was working last night and I can safely say that England fans have contributed a significant % of our annual bonus.
You are better off going for a draw as they seem happy to settle for that.
They need to really get their act together now, if any of them are carrying injuries (even Rooney) or are not fully fit they need weeding out and we need players that are playing to win. Leaving Theo Walcott out of the squad looks a big mistake now.
Mini rant over...... :tired:

Rio

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
GREAT USA COMEBACK!!..............Horrible call at the end of the game......Nobody knows why that late goal by the US was called back.....watch the replay.....tough break.........but we will take the point......still alive...........

go USA>>>

bob

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I am, of course, rooting for an American Team to bring the cup to the continent and second, rooting for an African team.

The Ghana game was very exciting, Go Ghana!!!

Waiting for Brazil to play tomorrow.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Brazil vs Ivory Coast has the potential to be a great match.

I'll be in Hooters watching it. Great football and lots of eye candy :)

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
I remember being censored on this thread because I posted some t.i.c remarks , lets keep the thread about venues wrote the mod ? consistent ?