Really ****ty DR day! UPDATE AND QUESTION

potus

Dec 27, 2015
potus is needs to bite the bullet and play out the rest of this situation the only way he has complete control over.

Right from the outset the ex-wife has been calling all the shots. Having him arrested, absconding with all the possessions denying access to the kids etc. Each time the op has turned the other cheek and carried on. No wonder this is a one sided equation. Time to step up and show an unwillingness to be taken for granted any further.

No visitation, no money - "go ahead take me to court".

I basically agree......but the first thing the Judges ask for is if I make my payments....it appears to be the pivotol point.....I do not want to take any chance, especially now that i handed in an appeal for full custody......

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That's certainly a consideration. Good luck. If you get to the point where you have tried everything else, you know what you must do.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I basically agree......but the first thing the Judges ask for is if I make my payments....it appears to be the pivotol point.....I do not want to take any chance, especially now that i handed in an appeal for full custody......

Forget that. There are two points, one payment and two visitation. If you stop payment you can bet anything that she immediately contacts you. Tell her when the kids visit they will leave with the payment. If weekly she gets weekly payments.

She is not really interested in taking you to court. First off she needs to pay a lawyer, that stops it cold. And if she goes alone you make sure you have a competent attorney with you that can explain the total lack of visitation. One more thing, when she calls you and she will, record the conversation and lead her on about lack of visitation. You will get her cold on this and the judge can hear from her mouth.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Here is a thought that just crossed my mind.....My Children and I are citizens of the EU......Is there any assistance the EU or my home country could provide?....Basically the kids are kidnapped!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Here is a thought that just crossed my mind.....My Children and I are citizens of the EU......Is there any assistance the EU or my home country could provide?....Basically the kids are kidnapped!

I doubt that you will get anywhere with that. Just more delays and more money she banks. STOP PAYMENTS. This is the only way, and it will work.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I doubt that you will get anywhere with that. Just more delays and more money she banks. STOP PAYMENTS. This is the only way, and it will work.

One thing to add.....last time I saw the kids during therapy they looked really skinny and pale.........Mother loves Beer, rum and painkillers of all sorts........

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One thing to add.....last time I saw the kids during therapy they looked really skinny and pale.........Mother loves Beer, rum and painkillers of all sorts........

Another reason to stop payments. Your cash is not even getting to the kids. You need to be able to have visitation now.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Talk to your lawyer give him the money in trust once she complies with order funds released... show you are putting aside until
She complies ask your lawyer if this can fly ...if she likes her pills n booze that should fix it or your $hit out of luck and waiting game..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Another reason to stop payments. Your cash is not even getting to the kids. You need to be able to have visitation now.

he is not grasping that , or completely ignoring it .. several posters have already asked him in a roundabout way where he thinks the money it actually going. crickets ..
her new boyfriend is probably wearing some nice clothes & belts though.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
the single worst financial decision a man can make is to marry here and have kids..its more costly than an eight ball roulette scam in the csino

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
the single worst financial decision a man can make is to marry here and have kids..its more costly than an eight ball roulette scam in the csino

Its a lot more costly in other countries. You can get away pretty cheap here. The OP pays 400 dollars a month. Thats a hundred a week for 2 kids. You know what that order would like in other Countries on a man making 50k a year? Around 1000 a month in the states. And possibly alimony.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Its a lot more costly in other countries. You can get away pretty cheap here. The OP pays 400 dollars a month. Thats a hundred a week for 2 kids. You know what that order would like in other Countries on a man making 50k a year? Around 1000 a month in the states. And possibly alimony.

Apples and Oranges
IN a country where people make $200 a month.. $400 is 2 months Salary..
So your $50 K salary in another country the equivalent would be $8,300 a Month in Support .
keep making comparisons with the country you came from, and you will continue to get fleeced ...
$400 a month is a LOT, to get such Little RESPECT..
cant even see your kids, and keep paying .....good lord ..
imma stay out of this now
good luck to the OP..

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Apples and Oranges
IN a country where people make $200 a month.. $400 is 2 months Salary..
So your $50 K salary in another country the equivalent would be $8,300 a Month in Support .
keep making comparisons with the country you came from, and you will continue to get fleeced ...
$400 a month is a LOT, to get such Little RESPECT..
cant even see your kids, and keep paying .....good lord ..
imma stay out of this now
good luck to the OP..

As far as the statment goes the single worst financial decision a man can make is too marry and have kids here. That is not true. Getting married and having kids in the The States for instance is a way bigger financial risk. I am not a dominican making 2 hundred a month. So for me to pay an exwife and a child 400 a month is still peanuts.

The OPs support was based on his income. Not the average dominican income. It pretty much works like that everywhere, I believe.

Now whats happening to the OP, is a whole different set of issues, and he seems to be making all the wrong turns. But again thats just from the outside looking in. And again in the other countries it could still be worse. This guy has the option to stop paying. Some Countries take it right from your pay check. Support and Visitation are separate issues and one has nothing to do woth the other.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
As far as the statment goes the single worst financial decision a man can make is too marry and have kids here. That is not true. Getting married and having kids in the The States for instance is a way bigger financial risk. I am not a dominican making 2 hundred a month. So for me to pay an exwife and a child 400 a month is still peanuts.

The OPs support was based on his income. Not the average dominican income. It pretty much works like that everywhere, I believe.

Now whats happening to the OP, is a whole different set of issues, and he seems to be making all the wrong turns. But again thats just from the outside looking in. And again in the other countries it could still be worse. This guy has the option to stop paying. Some Countries take it right from your pay check. Support and Visitation are separate issues and one has nothing to do woth the other.

Exactly... but very vehemently chooses not to...
asks for advice , but has already plotted his course to keep paying no matter what .

starting to doubt the veracity of the whole scenario.
could be a language barrier though..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm pretty sure that here in the DR support payments and visitation/custody are separate issues as well. This is why it was recommended that the OP demonstrably set the monthly stipend aside instead of just not paying. Someone suggested potus give the money to his lawyer to hold in trust while the Ex goes through her attitude adjustment phase. That was an even better idea. You may at some point wish to demonstrate that you just didn't stop paying -just that the flow was interrupted due to her breach of the order.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Same Concept , as long as it does not reach HER, and whatever she is spending it on is completely and suddenly interrupted .. same effect ...Right now it seems she has absolutely no fear of that happening.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Talk to your lawyer give him the money in trust once she complies with order funds released... show you are putting aside until
She complies ask your lawyer if this can fly ...if she likes her pills n booze that should fix it or your $hit out of luck and waiting game..

Now, that is a great idea to place the funds with an attorney, pending visitation.......(Enforcement of the sentencing of the Tribunal)

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The BEST investment is to have a vasectomy before coming to the island. Don't tell anyone and you can see who you can and cant trust.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Class act.