Omicron Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Are we disappointed Omicron is not more lethal?
The creator of mRNA says Omicron is our Christmas present.

We will survive this for sure.

Remember Gloria Gaynor :

Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh, no, not I
I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
And I'll survive
I will survive, hey, hey

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart

Reactions: Gadfly
Jan 9, 2004
The DR did NOT stop, using Sinovac........ still uses it

As a a visitor (Playa) you may be confused about the booster -
Pfizer is offered as is Sinovac........ choose for yourself... I did

For the initial vax , there was no choice
Si No Vac has lost much of its acceptance. After being the only game in town, the other vaccines began to over take Si No Vac as the new "go to" vaccine.

Whether a visitor, or tourist or resident, that has no bearing on the discussion or alleged "confusion" about the booster. My information comes directly from a front line family physician in the DR.....................the citizens are opting for "other"....................not Si No Vac...............and in many cases nothing at all.

But at the end of the day, it did not prevent COVID, it has been less than effective than initial studies claimed (that were performed by its own manufacturer) and country after country has pivoted away from it to the other vaccines.

Even the DR became a net exporter of Si No Vac to other central american countries.

Those that had no choice will certainly defend its use. That is fine.

But at the end of the day...............it really is more placebo-like. And as stated previously, placebo's, and by extension placebo-likes, can often be more psychological than medicinal...............and that may not necessarily be a bad thing.................

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: windeguy

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Agreed - not a top performer against the original Covid.

But better than the mRNA's against the Delta- that's painstakingly clear to an unbiased observer
Even the pharmas say so - not good enough at the variants.

As for Omicron.- looking good - too early to tell

mRNA stimulates antibodies
the other stimulate the T & B cells

Two very different vaccines.....and designs.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Maybe with world reaction in a hysterical coordinated effort to over-react yet once again and this time try to shade the Christmas & New Year holidays maybe we should rename it the OhMyGod variant ?

Jan 9, 2004
Maybe with world reaction in a hysterical coordinated effort to over-react yet once again and this time try to shade the Christmas & New Year holidays maybe we should rename it the OhMyGod variant ?
One thing is likely for sure..............for politically correct reasons, they won't be naming it using the other greek alphabet characters of Xi or Chi.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Want Omicron, with mild symptoms and easily treatable, or permanent heart problems (1/100 probability)??

My brother-in-law's life was permanently altered after two shots of Pfizer with arrhythmia, and his wife (my sister) had a small stroke after a Pfizer booster. They believed the hype and thought they were doing the right thing.

Now this study :

Sure 1/100 still gives you a 99/100 chance?
Maybe not after 3 or 4 jabs.
What if it becomes 1/25 ?
Will you still stay in the vax line?
As of 4 November 2021, there have been 1,783 reports to the United States Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of cases of heart inflammation, namely myocarditis or pericarditis, among people aged 12–29 years who received COVID-19 vaccines, in particular following mRNA vaccination, that is, BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273 vaccines2. As of 9 July 2021, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has reported 145 cases of myocarditis and 138 cases of pericarditis out of 177 million doses of the BNT162b2 vaccine, and 9 cases of myocarditis and 19 cases of pericarditis out of 20 million doses of the mRNA-1273 vaccine3. In Israel, 275 cases of myocarditis were reported between December 2020 and May 2021 among more than 5 million people vaccinated with the BNT162b2 vaccine4. No association between ChAdOx1 vaccine and myocarditis or pericarditis has been reported. The same reports showed that these events are more likely to occur in adolescent and young adults, mostly after the second dose. Evaluation of the risks of adverse events following vaccination or SARS-CoV-2 infection in different age groups provides crucial information to determine whether the risks from the vaccine outweighs the risks following a positive SARS-CoV-2 test

This quoted from the study cited in your "nutjob" gateway pundit. I'll let you do the math (hint... nowhere near 1/100)

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You'd do well for your health to ignore anything well-known huckster Joseph Mercola - an an osteopathic physician - has to say:

Then again, if you're looking for Covid information in sites like NOQ Report, odds are you're already too far gone down the rabbit hole...

Good luck with that.
lol, I always looked at DO's (Osteopaths) as one step above a chiropractor and one step below a plumber

Reactions: Goldenruler

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Want Omicron, with mild symptoms and easily treatable, or permanent heart problems (1/100 probability)??

My brother-in-law's life was permanently altered after two shots of Pfizer with arrhythmia, and his wife (my sister) had a small stroke after a Pfizer booster. They believed the hype and thought they were doing the right thing.

Now this study :

I think people were really sold the proverbial "pig in a poke" when it comes to mRNA vaccines, or would it now be more apropos to say "a bat in a cave"?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have been calling it that since it came out, but DR1 does not like such things even when innuendo. Works fine on FB, though.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Si No Vac has lost much of its acceptance. After being the only game in town, the other vaccines began to over take Si No Vac as the new "go to" vaccine.

Whether a visitor, or tourist or resident, that has no bearing on the discussion or alleged "confusion" about the booster. My information comes directly from a front line family physician in the DR.....................the citizens are opting for "other"....................not Si No Vac...............and in many cases nothing at all.

But at the end of the day, it did not prevent COVID, it has been less than effective than initial studies claimed (that were performed by its own manufacturer) and country after country has pivoted away from it to the other vaccines.

Even the DR became a net exporter of Si No Vac to other central american countries.

Those that had no choice will certainly defend its use. That is fine.

But at the end of the day...............it really is more placebo-like. And as stated previously, placebo's, and by extension placebo-likes, can often be more psychological than medicinal...............and that may not necessarily be a bad thing.................

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
"Placebo like, placebo like", AwwwwwwwwwwK!!!

Playa wanna cracker?

• Haha
Reactions: Gadfly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are we disappointed Omicron is not more lethal?
Oh no we are not disappointed in the least and here is why:
Let us say Omicron is X times as contagious where X is 2, 3, 4, pick a number.
Let us say Omicron is 1/X times as deadly.
So, the same amount of deaths are possible if not likely. That is today's news. No disappointment there at all
if you like to control people

One news story said what I have been saying for a while since only about 60% are vaccinated in my home country
and I doubt that we will do much better than where we are in the DR in the alleged mid 60% (and mostly with Sinovac)
The comment was that those people simply won't get vaccinated no matter what. so it is time to move on.

4 doses now recommended by Israel for over 60 and medical workers. The prime minister considered it" wonderful news" so Omicron is making them very happy during the 5th wave of CV19 there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
\

4 doses now recommended by Israel for over 60 and medical workers. The prime minister considered it" wonderful news" so Omicron is making them very happy during the 5th wave of CV19 there.

I believe you stated here that YOU got 4 shots yourself. Any problems, or reason to make light of this?.............

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
To early to say but vaccination is working here in Toronto Ontario 90% vaxed ..high cases but hospital numbers not climbing only un vaxed in icu it seems..but this shit Omicron goes Zero to 60 fast..

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
The Omicron cold symptoms will bring out the usual suspects calling for more jabs of poison.

If you sincerely care about your health read the following article and consider yourself forewarned to be forearmed.

mRNA short and long term will be assaulting your system.
Some of the consequences outlined in this study could be with you long after Covid (which should have been defeated, by now).
And getting jabbed is actually prolonging the virus's transmission.

Jab away if dare.

I don't think those are legitimate sources. I looked on the FDA Adverse Reporting & it's nothing like that.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
To early to say but vaccination is working here in Toronto Ontario 90% vaxed ..high cases but hospital numbers not climbing only un vaxed in icu it seems..but this shit Omicron goes Zero to 60 fast..
Yes, the number of cases in Canada is exploding and going exponential, almost at record levels, but number of deaths has remained low. The number of deaths always trails the number of cases though:

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018

Now this study :

Sorry, but The Gateway Pundit is a Far Right media with most of the things they write fact checked & wrong. I think we all need to see what kind of media is printing some of these articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.