Canadian killed in La Mulata II ?

S

Seamonkey

Did you know your "friend" was an alledged international drug dealer?

You might want to get your facts straight before you assume who Harley is talking about. You lack a lot of respect in your reply.

S

Seamonkey

I think Harleysrock was referring to the latest murder, that of Canadian McGuire who was tied up along with his girlfriend during a home invasion. He freed himself and went after them with a machete and was shot in the head and killed. Nothing about him being an alleged international drug dealer - that was the first Canadian.

Matilda

Thank you Matilda for clearing that up. I just can't believe how disrespectful a few of these long time posters are being and also how stupid they are with their assumptions. The murders are far from being related.

Mike was back in the country after being deported by Interpol about 3 years ago. He served time in jail waiting for his trial. He was found not guilty and set free. He came back about 6 months ago and a got killed just over one month ago. He was shot 9 times in his vehicle in his driveway and nothing was stolen.

Jayson was shot and killed during a home invasion. There is nothing gangster about his shooting, nor is there anything that he was hiding or doing illegally.

So to those who keep posting bull****....keep assuming and keep losing respect from the other board members. You're looking like a bunch winners who watch too many movies.

C

cobraboy

Thank you Matilda for clearing that up. I just can't believe how disrespectful a few of these long time posters are being and also how stupid they are with there assumptions. The murders are far from being related.

Mike was back in the country after being deported by Interpol about 3 years ago. He served time in jail waiting for his trial. He was found not guilty and set free. He came back about 6 months ago and a got killed just over one month ago. He was shot 9 times in his vehicle in his driveway and nothing was stolen.

Jayson was shot and killed during a home invasion. There is nothing gangster about his shooting, nor is there anything that he was hiding or doing illegally.

So to those who keep posting bull****....keep assuming and keep losing respect from the other board members. You're looking like a bunch winners who watch too many movies.
Oh, please.

There were two Canadians that got murdered in the same neighborhood, one a drug dealer, and I got them confused.

S

Seamonkey

Oh, please.

There were two Canadians that got murdered in the same neighborhood, one a drug dealer, and I got them confused.

Ya, reread your post to Harley and tell me it's not disrespectful? Confusion is no excuse for ignorance.

M

Matilda

Calm down chaps. At the end of the day two Canadians have lost their lives which is awful. What is almost as bad is that the police appear to have made no progress in finding the killers of either. That is what we should concentrate on - not blaming the victims for their demise. RIP.

Matilda

P

Polar Bear

Why do so many people here have to try and "one up" or contradict others. Go out of their way to try and appear better, prove they're superior, more knowledgeable, or punish them. You're so insensitive and pointlessly mean that it makes one wonder what's wrong with YOU.

It makes all the other stuff you post worthless since if you're such an asshole about this...why would anyone trust what you say about anything else? Not to forget all the unfounded speculation before any facts are available. It's pathetic.

Yes, I mean you...in general

B

bob saunders

You might want to get your facts straight before you assume who Harley is talking about. You lack a lot of respect in your reply.

Harley has admitted to being a drug user, so perhaps an honest assumption was made. Not sure why you are getting your knickers in such a knot. It is definitely horrible that Harley's friend was killed in a home invasion, but with two Canadians shot and killed in the same small neighbourhood it would be easy to get the victims mixed up.

T

Tarheel

All right! The mountain boys have gotten riled up. Those boys are the kings of smear.

W

william webster

This is such a schoolyard conversation...

I seem to remember Bernie Madoff getting the same protection from his friends....
for a while...........

Let's hope the police catch the killers....

C

cavok

How about blaming the news report? The way it's written, it's seems to lead you to believe that the two men and the two events are connected. Poorly written IMO.

W

william webster

And what leads you to believe they are not connected ??

C

cavok

The way it's written, I have no idea whether or not they are. When was this guy "Mike" shot and killed? I don't recall hearing about that before?

D

dv8

i think i'm gonna close this until more facts are available. and some posters need to cool their heels too.
temporarily off limits, then.

D

dv8

two posters alerted me in terms of an update:

2co23xx.jpg

A

AlterEgo

UPDATE:

Computer translated:

The spokesman of the National Police, Frank Félix Durán, reported that they captured today in Santo Domingo Norte (SDN) the second of two men who on April 24 of the current year shot a Canadian in Port Silver, in the residential called La Mulata II.

This is Delvis Antonio Ovalle Mercedes, 27, co-author of the death of Jason Thomas McGuire, 43 years old.

They specified that Ovalle was arrested at 6:00 in the morning of this Thursday in the La Barquita sector. He was occupied by a Colt 45 caliber pistol, NZH85055 series, with which he would have shot the foreigner with Juan Eduardo Ulloa (a) Florimón, 35 years old, captured yesterday in the Carbonera community of Dajabón.

The Canadian was killed on April 24 of a shot in the head inside his house, located in the residential La Mulata ll, Sosua municipality, Puerto Plata province.

The foreigner died as a result of a wound caused by a firearm projectile with an entrance hole in the right face and exit through the left ear, according to the diagnosis of the legal doctor acting in the case, Dr. Mario César López.

Agents of the National Police and members of the Public Ministry investigate the case.

With the death of McGuire, two Canadians have been killed so far this year in La Mulata II. In March of this year he was killed with 12 bullet wounds Mike Di Battista, 43 years old.

The foreigner was traveling in the vehicle Hyundai Santa Fe, black, at the time of being ambushed by strangers.

"The detainee reported that he and his accomplice entered the house of the Canadian in the residential Windsor Heights, Sosua, where they tied and gagged him along with his wife of English nationality and an American friend who was in the place," said Durán.

The detainee was transferred to Puerto Plata and placed at the disposal of the Public Ministry.

https://www.diariolibre.com/actuali...nadiense-asesinado-en-puerto-plata-NM12786083