Dominican Arrested Twice for Deportation

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am very much alive and right‼️

@SKY someone else has mentioned that you often post about things that you have no knowledge about.
This is another one of those situations....

WAIT FOR IT ‼️

"Citizens are issued with a yellow cédula de identidad y electoral which indicates their polling station on the reverse. Minors, military personnel, police officers, and foreigners are issued a green cédula de identidad which identifies their inability to vote on the reverse ("NO VOTA") in addition to the reason why they are unable to vote.

Changing cédula types (for example, a civilian enlisting in the military or a minor becoming an adult) does not change the holder's cédula number."

Now can everyone tell Mr. Sky since he obviously does not know:
Are Military Personnel & Police Officers for the Dominican Republic citizens of the 🇩🇴❓

Facts are a terrible thing for those trying make arguments against them.
Splitting hairs, the police and military would have immediately known if she was a member of either. a CITIZEN 's cedula has the location and Colegio electoral number on the back. I take it you are a legal resident. What does yours say?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Two weeks ago I inadvertently stepped into one of these "round-ups" right in front of my building where two young men were running from the police. Police in a small pick-up truck and one or two motors right behind them. The police got out of cab, collarded
the two guys and put them in that back of the truck with about 4 or 5 others. All happened in a minute. There was/is NO asking for ID or checking civil rights issues . We live in the DR. We live with their rules. That's just the way it is.
Then, the strangest thing...police comes up to me and says something like- good morning, sorry about that and have a good day.:)
I've seen the roundups many times and they've happened like this. No asking for papers, no opportunity for discussion. So the fact that someone has proper legal documentation does not matter until it is far too late. It did not factor in perhaps until, hours later, at jail, and even then all they, Police, have to do to stall is to claim that they think that the ID may be fake....and then it again does not matter.

It's illegal and the deportations go against international law as mentioned earlier.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I've seen the roundups many times and they've happened like this. No asking for papers, no opportunity for discussion. So the fact that someone has proper legal documentation does not matter until it is far too late. It did not factor in perhaps until, hours later, at jail, and even then all they, Police, have to do to stall is to claim that they think that the ID may be fake....and then it again does not matter.

It's illegal and the deportations go against international law as mentioned earlier.
No one is deported without having any ID document verified. The only issue right now is that the verification isn’t done on the spot, but they are done in the detention centers to separate the illegals from anyone else.

Do you actually think these Venezuelans had their document checked on the spot prior to be taken to the detention center?

269DE068-DD55-4C7A-9F0D-6A7AD7F5C7B5.jpeg

These Venezuelan women taken to the detention center claim they were taken by Migración without verifying their status as one is married to a Dominican and the other two were in the regularization process which prevents any illegal from being deported.
16CFB440-9AD6-4C9C-9A5C-CB751B8E660B.jpeg

Last edited:

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
No one is deported without having any ID document verified. The only issue right now is that the verification isn’t done on the spot, but they are done in the detention centers to separate the illegals from anyone else.

Do you actually think these Venezuelans had their document checked on the spot prior to be taken to the detention center?

View attachment 6635

These Venezuelan women taken to the detention center claim they were taken by Migración without verifying their status as one is married to a Dominican and the other two were in the regularization process which prevents any illegal from being deported.
View attachment 6636
I did not say that, just that they were generally treated differently, and better.

Also mass detention with the false assumption that they, Haitians, have committed a crime, in this case of being too dark and therefore guilty of something is uncalled for. As is detention when they had all their proper papers in order and in hand but were not asked for it and no one wanted to know until hours or days were spent in filthy, overcrowded cells.

Then many were deported, papers or not. I know of many people over the years, all Haitians, who have been deported regardless of papers or the truth. They simply "fit the description". In one case in particular a woman was grabbed, and separated from her children, ALL of whom had the proper paperwork. She was detained and deported and when he protested further her visa was removed and torn up in front of her. When she complained they took her passport, left her in Haiti with no phone, no ID, no money, and no hope. It took her months to get it all sorted and to legally return to the DR and her family. Meanwhile, her children were left with the Dominica friend she was talking with when she was grabbed, all to fend for themselves.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I did not say that, just that they were generally treated differently, and better.
Better? The Venezuelans complain in those srticles of being mistreated by the Dominican police. Don't you know Spanish?

Also mass detention with the false assumption that they, Haitians, have committed a crime, in this case of being too dark and therefore guilty of something is uncalled for. As is detention when they had all their proper papers in order and in hand but were not asked for it and no one wanted to know until hours or days were spent in filthy, overcrowded cells.
Can you explain why the OP mentions her friend was released at the detention center once her cédula was verified and not deported to Haiti? Why is it she never gets her legitimate cédula taken away for good or rip in front of her? Would the cédula get the same treatment if it was fake?

Then many were deported, papers or not.
Does having false documents imply being treated as if they are real?

I know of many people over the years, all Haitians, who have been deported regardless of papers or the truth. They simply "fit the description". In one case in particular a woman was grabbed, and separated from her children, ALL of whom had the proper paperwork. She was detained and deported and when he protested further her visa was removed and torn up in front of her. When she complained they took her passport, left her in Haiti with no phone, no ID, no money, and no hope. It took her months to get it all sorted and to legally return to the DR and her family. Meanwhile, her children were left with the Dominica friend she was talking with when she was grabbed, all to fend for themselves.
How do you know if those pspers were legitimste ones? Have you ever met a Haitian with false documents or a cédula tell you they have a false one? A valud visa torn up?

* I mention specifically Haitians and not other illegal immigrants such as Venezuelans because the only time these types of threads are created in DR1 is concerning Haitians.

** If you don't mind, csn you tell us if you are legally in the DR or one of those people that don't bother getting visas and decide to let their tourist card expire and pay the fine upon leaving? If anyone has to pay a fine to leave, essentially they are paying for being illegal immigrants too.

Last edited:

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Better? The Venezuelans complain in those srticles of being mistreated by the Dominican police. Don't you know Spanish?

Can you explain why the OP mentions her friend was released at the detention center once her cédula was verified and not deported to Haiti? Why is it she never gets her legitimate cédula taken away for good or rip in front of her? Would the cédula get the same treatment if it was fake?

Does having false documents imply being treated as if they are real?

How do you know if those pspers were legitimste ones? Have you ever met a Haitian with false documents or a cédula tell you they have a false one? A valud visa torn up?

* I mention specifically Haitians and not other illegal immigrants such as Venezuelans because the only time these types of threads are created in DR1 is concerning Haitians.

** If you don't mind, csn you tell us if you are legally in the DR or one of those people that don't bother getting visas and decide to let their tourist card expire and pay the fine upon leaving? If anyone has to pay a fine to leave, essentially they are paying for being illegal immigrants too.
I'm not going to argue with you, Nals.

Especially since you are twisting my words, or ignoring them, and making personal attacks.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Then many were deported, papers or not. I know of many people over the years, all Haitians, who have been deported regardless of papers or the truth. They simply "fit the description". In one case in particular a woman was grabbed, and separated from her children, ALL of whom had the proper paperwork. She was detained and deported and when he protested further her visa was removed and torn up in front of her. When she complained they took her passport, left her in Haiti with no phone, no ID, no money, and no hope. It took her months to get it all sorted and to legally return to the DR and her family. Meanwhile, her children were left with the Dominica friend she was talking with when she was grabbed, all to fend for themselves.
Obviously not to fend for themselves if they were with a Dominican friend of the mother. Dominicans would not abandon their friends' children. You went from she to he and then back to she. I don't believe they kept her passport. There is a large family of Haitians that live close to me, mother, father and six kids, oldest about 19 and youngest 8 years old. They live across the road from two Haitian hotels, usually filled with single male Haitians. Whenever immigration does their raids they usually grab a dozen or so from the Haitian hotel. This family get asked for their papers, get them handed back to them, and off they go. I see Haitians getting asked for papers on a weekly basis, and if they are good, off they go about their business. I do know of one young guy, born in the DR but with no papers has been deported two or three times and he is always back within a week.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Obviously not to fend for themselves if they were with a Dominican friend of the mother. Dominicans would not abandon their friends' children. You went from she to he and then back to she. I don't believe they kept her passport. There is a large family of Haitians that live close to me, mother, father and six kids, oldest about 19 and youngest 8 years old. They live across the road from two Haitian hotels, usually filled with single male Haitians. Whenever immigration does their raids they usually grab a dozen or so from the Haitian hotel. This family get asked for their papers, get them handed back to them, and off they go. I see Haitians getting asked for papers on a weekly basis, and if they are good, off they go about their business. I do know of one young guy, born in the DR but with no papers has been deported two or three times and he is always back within a week.
So you want to claim that I'm lying because I made a minor typo?

If you think it's ok for the "police" or whatever agency in the DR or Gov't to separate a mother, deporting her unlawfully, and leaving her children to the care of someone they have little to no knowledge of except that she was standing with them so be it. I would not want to be known for such an opinion ;)

If you don't believe they took her passport then at least entertain us all with your rationale LOL. You were not there, nor was I, but I spoke with the friend, saw the children, and eventually was in contact with the mother. It's all true despite your unwillingness to believe. After all the same type of authorities who took her and deported her are the same type of authorities who will let some Haitians cross the border for a bribe, with or without papers beyond some pesos...or other favours ;). So be my guest and align yourself with the likes of them.

Thankfully your opinion does not matter, at least to me.

If you want to call me a liar knock yourself out. I've never lied on DR1 despite your thoughts on the matter.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So you want to claim that I'm lying because I made a minor typo?

If you think it's ok for the "police" or whatever agency in the DR or Gov't to separate a mother, deporting her unlawfully, and leaving her children to the care of someone they have little to no knowledge of except that she was standing with them so be it. I would not want to be known for such an opinion ;)

If you don't believe they took her passport then at least entertain us all with your rationale LOL. You were not there, nor was I, but I spoke with the friend, saw the children, and eventually was in contact with the mother. It's all true despite your unwillingness to believe. After all the same type of authorities who took her and deported her are the same type of authorities who will let some Haitians cross the border for a bribe, with or without papers beyond some pesos...or other favours ;). So be my guest and align yourself with the likes of them.

Thankfully your opinion does not matter, at least to me.

If you want to call me a liar knock yourself out. I've never lied on DR1 despite your thoughts on the matter.
nor yours to me. Never called you a liar but if the shoe fits, wear it. You don't know for a fact that she was legal, nor do you know the facts behind the deportation. You know one side. usually there are two sides, then there is the truth.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
@D'Arcy (Apostropheman)
All those taking issue with Post #48 have the exact same problems in their posts that they accuse you of having.
Not a single one of them has a single FACT to support or dispute anything that they are challenging in post #48.

Each on one of the post have a logical fallacy in them.
And they speak about the truth.
But they themselves do not know the truth.
Nor can do they seem like they would be able to handle the truth even if they knew it (in my opinion).

The thread started about a Dominican falsely arrested several times.
No one has presented a single shred of evidence that anything written in post #1 was inaccurate or untrue.

Any situation when it comes to law enforcement on the street should be conducted with techniques that involve best practices of the profession.
And then there is the way it actually happened.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
nor yours to me. Never called you a liar but if the shoe fits, wear it. You don't know for a fact that she was legal, nor do you know the facts behind the deportation. You know one side. usually there are two sides, then there is the truth.

Wrong and untrue.

You said, "I don't believe they kept her passport" which must mean that since I said it that you are calling me a liar.

Then you posted an irrelevant example that you claim is true....since what you say goes against what I posted...of course, different people, different timelines, different areas, etc...and none of what you post even if true disproves what I said.

I know the mother's side, her friend's and children's sides as well. I know for a fact, having seen them, that she had a current passport and visa allowing her to live in the DR.

So instead of following me around trolling me and making false accusations, you should put me on, ignore or simply keep on scrolling.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wrong and untrue.

You said, "I don't believe they kept her passport" which must mean that since I said it that you are calling me a liar.

Then you posted an irrelevant example that you claim is true....since what you say goes against what I posted...of course, different people, different timelines, different areas, etc...and none of what you post even if true disproves what I said.

I know the mother's side, her friend's and children's sides as well. I know for a fact, having seen them, that she had a current passport and visa allowing her to live in the DR.

So instead of following me around trolling me and making false accusations, you should put me on, ignore or simply keep on scrolling.
you and VEGAS JOINED AT THE HIP? Nobody follows you or trolls you, you aren't worth the effort.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
My advice, before posting re-read what you are posting. If it does not add anything of substance to the post, then do not post. Stop with the back and forth.