Greetings, my name is Evelyn and I’m here to help you (POP)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
35 pesos to ENTER at POP... to pick up , drop off.... anything

An entry charge........ to access the airport

your friend Ranieri is slow on the uptake

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So Evelyn, what are your impressions so far?

(Let's see if she's been paying attention)

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
Last time I came into POP everyone, including Residents had to waste time filling in forms when they arrived. This should be done on the plane, as I think it was before if my memory serves me well.
We have some good news for you.

Starting today you can fill your customs declaration on your mobile phone, and soon you´ll be able to fill both migration and customs electronically!

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
All mine were on the plane... Oct 31 - JFK/POP

Evelyn
When I left POP last time.... mid-October -
A man before Migracion made me fill out the blue form ---- I told him it wasn't req'd for citizens
He insisted

The Migracion officer crumpled it an threw it away

I asked that man if it was his first day on the job.... The Migracion guy exploded in laughter

But seriously, Too many of the agents at the airports insist on that blue form from everybody
and they are wrong.....
Just the white form for exiting residents and citizens

Better education needed, IMO
I'll make sure to discuss this with the new head of migration.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
Do you have any news you can share with us about candian airline flying into POP. We know Air transat is flying out of montreal . Do you know if West jet and air transat will be flying to POP from toronto ?
Hi Lou.

Sure, as of right now we are receiving AirTransat from Montreal every friday at 2:10pm, new flights scheduled for december / january, we'll keep you posted.

Ardvark

Jul 20, 2020
Canada/DR
Hi Lou.

Sure, as of right now we are receiving AirTransat from Montreal every friday at 2:10pm, new flights scheduled for december / january, we'll keep you posted.
Hola, F Y I West Jet is offering flights from YYZ to POP starting Dec 5th We are booked and confirmed on the Dec 5th flight , as far as I know only Saturdays for now.
Cheers,

Reactions: POP DGA

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Been coming here starting over 25 years ago. We know how it works, who to see and get out the door. Don't need nor want another to screw things up.... and try for an extra propena. Simple as that.
It's the thought of the propina that's bothering you. OTOH I am happy to give out propinas to anybody that will make my life happy and less stressful ESPECIALLY in the country. BTW who said she would take your crappy 50 centavos? Twenty-five years ago they didn't even have a conveyor belt. Maybe we should go back to pickingt
he luggage off the tarmac. That way you don't need to tip anyone. LOL.
Count your blessing instead of the propinas and you will enjoy the day.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
Maybe the porters with luggage carts could stage closer to the baggage drop so you can ask one for help removing large bags from the conveyor without having to shout across the terminal 75' away
Thanks for your suggestion. For safety reasons we can't have porters walking arround the baggage area, but you can contact any of us in customs and let us know you'd like a porter and we will send one specifically for you who asked. There's always someone from customs next to that duty free shop.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
Evelyn, try to ignore the negative comments; they are just that ''negative''.
Your appointment is a step in the right direction and seriously needed.
The training of Agents in English is truly an improvement and makes for an easier transition through the Airport.
I have never had any problems with Customs nor Immigration at POP over the past 10 years...... about 16 times per year including return trips.
Always a pleasant transition.
Congrats on your appointment and I am sure you will do well ....one step at a time.
Russell
Thank you Russell!

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
I

And now you're insinuating she's just another person with her hand out. And 25 years coming here? Wow, that's a lot!!! Your 25 year pin is in the mail.
Why, that's almost as much as my 50 years here.
Evelyn, I apologize to you for these types of comments. You'll never hear anything like that from me. I appreciate what you're trying to do.
Thank you, it's ok, don't worry about it.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
Hi Evelyn, there is some talk on another thread. Wonder if you can speak to anything there and clear up any issues and/or confusion?

Online entry and departure forms for DR travel | DR1.com
Hello, we as custom are only a link in this new e-ticket project. It shouldn't be me giving information about how this will work and the exact dates and procedures. What I can tell you is that as of today, Puerto Plata airport is ready to receive travelers carrying e-tickets, also you should know that this project was designed to make things a lot easier for travelers, and I can assure that you until everything is set to make this e-ticket easy and accesible for ALL TRAVELERS you will still be able to travel using your handwritten forms.