I found This Hard to Believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
I am starting a separate thread for this because it is something I find hard to believe or understand.
I told my GF (34YO) that my children in the states were taking me on a boat ride for fathers day.

She responded "Que Barco". Upon further "discussion" she said he has never been on a boat. Which I thought was understandable given her economic situation.
But then she said no has visto un barco.
I found that hard to believe but than thought to myself that this could in fact be the truth.
So I sent her some pictures.

Are some of these woman so sheltered? It really opened my eyes
I was an a 'big' boat six months a year for 36 years, it's overrated

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
hahah works at Secrets and never seen a boat 🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧 thats is 100 percent bull ... throw this fish back in the water .. trust me it will be the best thing you ever did... sounds like she is getting coached from a veron tiger ..

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Am I the only one who finds the OP absolutely ridiculous? He continues to talk about how "wifey" will not allow him to sample the goods in the DR before committing to a divorce. That in itself speaks volumes. He is making this woman in the DR out to be a poor lost soul who knows nothing about life. She works at Secrets resort in Cap Cana which is a very nice resort which caters to the tourist who is willing to spend good money on a vacation. He starts threads acting like he is surprised by her behavior/lack of knowledge but when given honest answers he has 101 excuses for it. Time to cut the OP off.

I think it was all well intentioned.....even if there was a little ribbing in there too.

From your descriptions, she does not appear to be the one who is lost.

You came here, ostensibly looking for answers to questions and some sort of validation. You are not getting that validation. What you are getting is for the most part, the collective knowledge and wisdom from the members here.

You perhaps dislike it..................but it is a form of tough love.

There are lots of members providing advice here who are also married to a Dominican........................and have successful long term relationships. Please do yourself a favor and take what has been said to to heart.............and then do whatever you feel.

Perhaps your "girlfriend" has been generalized...............and perhaps your situation is somehow different. Just know that many here have seen this potential train wreck........................countless times over the years.

Speaking of train wrecks....................time to sample one of the many examples to which people here refer;

https://dr1.com/forums/threads/this-is-the-end.106624/

Please take the time to read it...................his situation was not unique...............but it is an example of being blinded by the light.

Again, good luck in your journey.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I received a message that I do not have permission to view this page

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Ken, would you mind telling us more about her cousin in Veron? The one she stays with? I, for one, am really enjoying hearing about this emerging love story - love makes the world go round! Please keep posting details and updates so we can see how things are developing.
She stays with a married cousin in Veron. She contributes 3000 monthly

Reactions: nanita

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
This is off topic.
I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised at the command of the English language that many members have displayed.
There is a high level of education that is evident. I was expecting a much less sophisticated group

I am going to presume that most of you have been educated n the US or Canada

• Haha
Reactions: AlaPlaya

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
hahah works at Secrets and never seen a boat 🧧🧧🧧🧧🧧 thats is 100 percent bull ... throw this fish back in the water .. trust me it will be the best thing you ever did... sounds like she is getting coached from a veron tiger ..
what is a veron tiger.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
BTW, what kind of neighborhood is Veron
This is off topic.
I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised at the command of the English language that many members have displayed.
There is a high level of education that is evident. I was expecting a much less sophisticated group

I would love for you to take that to a new thread. It would be enlightening what the "outside world" thinks about a bunch of semi-old farts and totally old farts that have spent a lot of time figuring out the bigger problems in life. Caution: Our brains might have gotten a little sun fried but our instincts have never diminished. OT., but you are OP.
BTW you do know the defintion of" tiger." don't ya?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I dont think he does ..

Wow. that is NOT good .
I wonder is he even knows what a Chulo is ?
YIKES!! What concerned me was: He asked about the pueblo but NOT the second word of the sentence posted.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This is off topic.

Why do you presume that? Some of us who come from other parts of the world (England in my case) have a passable education and command of the language! :)

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Why do you presume that? Some of us who come from other parts of the world (England in my case) have a passable education and command of the language! :)
Because I can tell by the phraseology, terminology and sentence structure. The vast majority of you guys have been educated in the US.... Not all but most

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I'm glad you know this fish so well.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I can't be the first to think of this...Anyone in the area care to go to Secrets and have a look? Maybe a GoFundMe page for expenses? I'd contribute. This novela needs a final act, the suspense is killing me.
Hey I'm glad you find this entertaining. Remember that it is never possible for a poor Dominican to love a rich white guy for anything other than just his money.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I believe they get free transport and food and medical insurance. My last spouse was a resort worker with very similar circumstances but no kids.
They do get free transport... medical insurance is provided but there is a payment for that. Food is free while working at the resort.
Nobody gets an increase in pay unless it is stipulated by the Govt... And this has not happened for the past 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.