I found This Hard to Believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
My opinion. Instead of buying her stuff help or fund her opening a small business. Let her run it, work it, hire family if she wishes. Help her to make her own money and not rely on you or any other tourist that passes by. That would be the best way you could help her by teaching / aiding her to help herself. After she shows that she can support herself and her family then maybe think of a future with her.
That almost NEVER works , they will run it into the Ground in 3- 6 months ..
I have seen this even when they personally fund heir own businesses ,and have " Family" Help them..
Unless they went to Business School , it is an almost 99% certainty that they will screw it up ..

Dont forget also , for them to have Customers , WHO are they taking these Customers from ? Its even More unlikely that they are opening a New Market or New Idea... I have seen Salons, farmacias , etc all run into the ground by Incompetence .. All Businesses with $$ flowing in .
they will still Fail . almost every time . Only if they had a MENTOR who is Successful & can manage it for them , do they have a remote chance of Succeeding .

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
My opinion. Instead of buying her stuff help or fund her opening a small business. Let her run it, work it, hire family if she wishes. Help her to make her own money and not rely on you or any other tourist that passes by. That would be the best way you could help her by teaching / aiding her to help herself. After she shows that she can support herself and her family then maybe think of a future with her.
If that is what she wanted I would do it. But at present she is in survival mode

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
NO WI-Fi.. Not cracked screen. C'mon, put your big boy pants on.
i know her whatsapp video did not work and it wasn't the wifi. She used to borrow her cousins phone to see me at work... and the hotel had wifi all over.
Stop trying to find fault... she is not in the status seeking environment... I spoke with her children and they were not able to see their mom on whatsapp... for months

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Am I the only one who finds the OP absolutely ridiculous? He continues to talk about how "wifey" will not allow him to sample the goods in the DR before committing to a divorce. That in itself speaks volumes. He is making this woman in the DR out to be a poor lost soul who knows nothing about life. She works at Secrets resort in Cap Cana which is a very nice resort which caters to the tourist who is willing to spend good money on a vacation. He starts threads acting like he is surprised by her behavior/lack of knowledge but when given honest answers he has 101 excuses for it. Time to cut the OP off.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The OP needs to tell the girl that he made a deal with his wife for a divorce. It means a permanent move to the DR to be with her forever. The wife drove a hard bargain. She gets all the assets and cash except for a small amount to get set up in the DR. He can tell her not to worry as he can start over in the DR in some business. But he took the deal because he loves "you" very much.

Won't take long for the "true colors" to emerge after that one...............

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Am I the only one who finds the OP absolutely ridiculous? He continues to talk about how "wifey" will not allow him to sample the goods in the DR before committing to a divorce. That in itself speaks volumes. He is making this woman in the DR out to be a poor lost soul who knows nothing about life. She works at Secrets resort in Cap Cana which is a very nice resort which caters to the tourist who is willing to spend good money on a vacation. He starts threads acting like he is surprised by her behavior/lack of knowledge but when given honest answers he has 101 excuses for it. Time to cut the OP off.
My friend... i have shared everything as honestly and accurately as I could...Yes, this is a love triangle. I will reap what I sow. I make no excuses for or to anybody. I appreciate all the input I have received. Most of it was well intentioned. Other no so.

On the contrary, I have never defined her as a poor lost soul... As a matter of fact I have told her that she is in fact richer than many because she has 2 wonderful children who cherish her, tremendous intestinal fortitude and very strong religious belief in God. She may be lacking materialistically but I would NEVER refer to her as a poor lost soul. She understand exactly where she is in life and what has led her on this path.

I question sometimes if some of the members on this forum even have a soul.. Quick to pass judgment, cynical. intolerant to someone who is not from your culture but is trying to learn. I shared my marital problems to provide some insight into my dilemma.

You categorized, generalized, picked my GF apart and threw her into the proverbial "they're all the same " pool.
She is a unique being, and albeit, culture runs through her veins, but that does not preclude her from having free will and her own destiny which might not be what you all think it is.

Reactions: JD Jones

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Ken, would you mind telling us more about her cousin in Veron? The one she stays with? I, for one, am really enjoying hearing about this emerging love story - love makes the world go round! Please keep posting details and updates so we can see how things are developing.

Jan 9, 2004
My friend... i have shared everything as honestly and accurately as I could...Yes, this is a love triangle. I will reap what I sow. I make no excuses for or to anybody. I appreciate all the input I have received. Most of it was well intentioned. Other no so.

I think it was all well intentioned.....even if there was a little ribbing in there too.
On the contrary, I have never defined her as a poor lost soul... As a matter of fact I have told her that she is in fact richer than many because she has 2 wonderful children who cherish her, tremendous intestinal fortitude and very strong religious belief in God. She may be lacking materialistically but I would NEVER refer to her as a poor lost soul. She understand exactly where she is in life and what has led her on this path.
From your descriptions, she does not appear to be the one who is lost.

I question sometimes if some of the members on this forum even have a soul.. Quick to pass judgment, cynical. intolerant to someone who is not from your culture but is trying to learn. I shared my marital problems to provide some insight into my dilemma.
You came here, ostensibly looking for answers to questions and some sort of validation. You are not getting that validation. What you are getting is for the most part, the collective knowledge and wisdom from the members here.

You perhaps dislike it..................but it is a form of tough love.

There are lots of members providing advice here who are also married to a Dominican........................and have successful long term relationships. Please do yourself a favor and take what has been said to to heart.............and then do whatever you feel.
You categorized, generalized, picked my GF apart and threw her into the proverbial "they're all the same " pool.
She is a unique being, and albeit, culture runs through her veins, but that does not preclude her from having free will and her own destiny which might not be what you all think it is.
Perhaps your "girlfriend" has been generalized...............and perhaps your situation is somehow different. Just know that many here have seen this potential train wreck........................countless times over the years.

Speaking of train wrecks....................time to sample one of the many examples to which people here refer;

https://dr1.com/forums/threads/this-is-the-end.106624/

Please take the time to read it...................his situation was not unique...............but it is an example of being blinded by the light.

Again, good luck in your journey.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I can't be the first to think of this...Anyone in the area care to go to Secrets and have a look? Maybe a GoFundMe page for expenses? I'd contribute. This novela needs a final act, the suspense is killing me.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Does a resort like Secrets have any employee benefits? I'm almost certain (no)...but what do I know?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Does a resort like Secrets have any employee benefits? I'm almost certain (no)...but what do I know?
I believe they get free transport and food and medical insurance. My last spouse was a resort worker with very similar circumstances but no kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.