Lambada's Non-Ripening Tomato

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
If not an heirloom GREEN tomato perhaps you've purchased a tomatillo!
Unlike their sound-alike cousins, tomatillos should be eaten green......

it is not a tomatillo!!! people these tomatoes i have only seen in the DR, they do not ripen, they have hints of red but they are mostly green but larger than a tomatillo.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
it is not a tomatillo!!! people these tomatoes i have only seen in the DR, they do not ripen, they have hints of red but they are mostly green but larger than a tomatillo.
That is correct, what's more, here in the DR, they refer to cherry tomatoes as tomatillos, right or wrong, that's what they call them.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Lucky for me I have a friend who has 'wild' tomatillos growing in his yard.....
mmmmmm!

As for the green tomatoes....I really like the green striped heritage variety I sometimes grow in the summer at home.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I know the suspense must be killing all you veggie lovers who read sci-fi and mystery novels so here I am with the update. :cheeky:
My NRT is marginally softer, slightly yellower still not gone bad.

Maybe I should present it to the Governor of Banco Central with a suitably worded note?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know the suspense must be killing all you veggie lovers who read sci-fi and mystery novels so here I am with the update. :cheeky:
My NRT is marginally softer, slightly yellower still not gone bad.

Maybe I should present it to the Governor of Banco Central with a suitably worded note?
We want pics. We want pics. We want pics.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Pics would have been good. Something similar happened to us with an apple - it lay forgotten at the back of the fridge for a couple of months and was not altered in any way. I put it down to a combination of refrigeration and artificial chemicals that may have prevented it from decaying.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hoped in a third world country food will be more natural, somehow...

lambada, double check if it really IS a tomato, maybe it's a christmas pudding, best before 2011 (really, i saw one last year in sainsbury's....)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some of those greenhouse tomatoes from Constanza are drenched in pesticides. It is supposed to be quite difficult to grow tomatoes organically.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ps
i have read that tomatoes are injected with urine, to keep them from going off quickly, apparently...
lambada, check for small needle holes!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
We want pics. We want pics. We want pics.

I hope this works. And dv8 no needle holes in either Lambada or her NRT.

NRT a la plastique
58b5.jpg

NRT profile
f8d0.jpg

NRT full frontal
bafd.jpg

NRT a la objet d'art
3f61.jpg

NRT a la SM
69db.jpg

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Good lord! Full frontal and S&M.

I'm bringing a chaperone next time I visit! Or maybe not...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This link works fine. That small little yellow thing is the cause of all the controversy? Its not a tomato, it is a consciousness from another planet! Treat it kindly - it may be beeping messages back...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This link works fine. That small little yellow thing is the cause of all the controversy? Its not a tomato, it is a consciousness from another planet! Treat it kindly - it may be beeping messages back...
I wonder if Hollywood be interested in it.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Ahem! I have always maintained that size is unimportant.............and appearances can sometimes be deceiving. It's a very large statue and an even bigger whip ;) .

So if it's a consciousness from another planet should it be renamed from NRT to ERT? And yes I'm very kind to it. Quite attached now. I've had it since October.