Ginnie_s_Tomato_09.jpg

Ginnie_s_Tomato_10.jpg

Ginnie_s_Tomato06.jpg

Ginnie_s_Tomato_01.jpg

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Harvest the demon seed

I say cut that sucker open and harvest the eggs...:ermm: :ermm: I mean seeds. Germinate, plant, grow them and give them a name... harvest, dry 'em, package them.

Lambadarillo #6025 30 seeds for $2.85

Yellow Tomatoes

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I say cut that sucker open and harvest the eggs...:ermm: :ermm: I mean seeds. Germinate, plant, grow them and give them a name... harvest, dry 'em, package them.

I think Ginnie's eggs/seeds are a bit beyond germination now Margaret!!! ..... OH, you mean the tomato's seeds!! What a GOOD idea - they will be going on to e-Bay within the hour .... for May delivery (pay now & receive later - I need the investment for Presidente exploration!). ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Scary that it hasn't gotten mushy yet!!!--How long has it been???

I bought it at the end of October and it has been at room temperature every day (never in the refridgerator) and most of the daytime it is lovingly placed in the sun but brought indoors by moonlight. Thank you Rocky for posting large versions of the pics. No 2LeftFeet, it is nowhere near soft. The 'inspired photos', apostropheman, were courtesy of Bushbaby whose seed germination unit doesn't always comply with the same specifications.............;)

A

apostropheman

jejejejejejajajajajajjjiijijjiji

I bought it at the end of October and it has been at room temperature every day (never in the refridgerator) and most of the daytime it is lovingly placed in the sun but brought indoors by moonlight. Thank you Rocky for posting large versions of the pics. No 2LeftFeet, it is nowhere near soft. The 'inspired photos', apostropheman, were courtesy of Bushbaby whose seed germination unit doesn't always comply with the same specifications.............;)
ROTFLMAO!:cheeky::bunny::bunny::bunny:

gini

Dec 12, 2005
The Hillbilly variety

Yellow Tomatoes

On this page we can find a nice variety ! the Hillbilly one :cheeky: quite ripe ! No :ermm: not YOU HB ;)

By the way HB, 30 seeds > 2.30$ good business :bunny:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
yep...it does indeed look like a yellow tomato, reknowned for their 'keeping' ability.
I grow these in the summer at home, harvest the ripe ones for salads when they turn yellow on the vine, then pick all the green ones before frost hits. They will keep quite nicely for four or more months while slowly ripening if kept in a newsprint wrapping in a cool dark location!

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Dominican tomato growers to harvest 8.2M quintals

AZUA.- The Association of Agro-Manufactureres (Afconagro) and small producers, are harvesting and grinding some 8 million 300 tomato quintals, planted in wide extensions of land to the South, Southeast, North and Northeast of the country, with direct investment in the field reaching 600 million pesos.

The information was disclosed by Afconagro president Felix Garcia and Salvador Chio Jimenez, Agriculture minister.

Garcia considered that the greatest satisfaction for Afconagro is motivated by the more than 100,000 fixed and mobile job posts that benefit more than 550 thousand persons in direct or indirect manner, contributing with large numbers of tomato growers.

However, Garcia cautioned that persons in the agriculture field as well as in industries related to produce feel uncertainty and fear, due to the slow yet continuous opening of Customs to imported products.

?We are sensing effects of these facilities that are being granted to import commercial activity, which is allowing for penetration of tomato-based products flowing from countries where crop growers and industrialists enjoy the advantages of lesser production costs coupled by hefty subsidies,? he affirmed.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Brilliant Vince! That's the answer. I should bequeath my NRT, which, by the way is still pretty much in the same condition as before, to AFCONAGRO as a lucky charm or juju. It could act as protection for Dominican tomato growers from subsidised imports.

Yes! YES! Oh how poetic............:)

C

Chip00

You know this thread has lasted about as long as the last non ripening tomato I kept on top of my fridge until it imploded! - and guess what it stayed green until it's final inglorious end!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Whatever happened to the tomato?

It definitely got softer but stayed the same colour. The local AFCONAGRO inspector (aka dv8) took a look at it and pronounced it non-extra-terrestial. Then I cut it to get the seeds out so they could be planted to see if it produces babies of the same ilk. The seeds were very small and the tomato was dry as a bone inside; no juice at all. Smart-a comments likening tomato to owner are already old hat, thank you :laugh:

So now the saga becomes a serial as we see whether we get SON (or daughter, not sure how you sex a tomato) of non-ripening tomato. I'll report back later in the year, that's assuming the seeds didn't join the new house feature we acquired last Friday: a fast running river in the back garden.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Telepathy?

Whatever happened to the tomato?

I was just wondering the same the thing? Now I'm waiting to hear about seedlings?

Lambada: Sexin' the the tomato??!! I don't even want to THINK about THAT one! Get those images out of my head!

C

Chip00

I too was wandering what was going to happen to green tomatoes - if they were ever going to turn red or what. However, after waiting so long I just gave up and decided to eat them and now like them green too!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Now I'm waiting to hear about seedlings?

We have cherry tomatoes (the miniature ones) now growing so it looks as if they morphed. What I can't swear is whether the NRT seedlings produced these cherry tomatoes or whether the NRT seedlings got washed away in the floods a few weeks back when everything in the garden was awash. But there are no big green tomatoes growing, just the miniature ones.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Non-Ripening Tomato

We have cherry tomatoes (the miniature ones) now growing so it looks as if they morphed. What I can't swear is whether the NRT seedlings produced these cherry tomatoes or whether the NRT seedlings got washed away in the floods a few weeks back when everything in the garden was awash. But there are no big green tomatoes growing, just the miniature ones.

where can you buy tomato seedlings in SD???
and other seedlings for that matter...peppers..
bob

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
where can you buy tomato seedlings in SD???
and other seedlings for that matter...peppers..
bob

Sorry I can't help. I'm in Puerto Plata & our seeds came originally in packets from both UK & Canada. Ever since then we've used the seeds of existing tomatoes we have grown. I expect someone from SD will be on to help soon with locations of garden centres etc.