Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Jose,
as the Guys stated above,
the "Temporary residency and Cedula" are exactly That, Temporary, valid for one Year.
and there is even a limit how long You are alolowed to overdo the Expiration date to still be allowed to get the Permanent One, but I don't recall how long that date been.
Your Temporary one is expired one Year now, I would await some extra Fee for the Overdoing, and Yes, You have to do exactly the same procedure again, the same as for the Temporary One repeats now for the Permanent One.
You will the Permanent One for sure not even have approved, and less in hands til next Wednesday.
what ever You wanted to do with Your Residency next Wednesday, Forget about it, Yours is epired since 1 Year and You still did not even apply for the Permanent One.
it will be again the same blood test/x-Ray/Paperwork etc etc etc, and it will take several Months before finished.
good luck
Mike

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
Mike, Thanks so much for the info. You are an invaluable resource to us all.
I am in tears with the news. I guess if I wanted to start a business under my name here I am going to have to wait until i get the renewal? Which could be three or four months? This is really bad news for me. Its such a tiny store I want to open. I have to look at other options such as putting in my friends name, or trying to do the dominican way. the ole $100 hand shake at the business license office.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
No Jose,
never start Business or do purchses of any Kind of Valuables in "a Friend's Name", Never Ever!
You can start Your Company process without waiting for the Residency Plastic in Your hands, the needed thingy is simply that You started the process. You have a "Residency card Number", that is also Your cedula Number.
with Residency in the make, and anyways You have the temporary One, just Kick off that "Renewal"/means the process for the Permanent One and You are good for the process to get a Company Legalized/Registered.
don't let the Head hang down,
there's always a Way,
that's one of the Things I like here on the isle,
that good ole fashioned "Dominican Way", ha ha.
Mike

Reactions: bigbird

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
Mike, Thank you. What is the easiest way I can prove I have started the process. This may be a stretch but buying the form and filling it out? Or do I need to go to S.D and get the medical tests?

I plan to open the store in La Ramana, Higuey or Bavaro, havent decided. Leaning Bavaro actually, If i were to open the store in Bavaro, I heard the business office for licensing is in the politur building Do you know who I would be dealing with? I am selling very small items and possible will be using a cart outside a plaza and not a retail space

Do you think there is a way I will be able to open legit December 1st without doing it the "dominican way".

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
Just saw the weather radar and it looks like rain on the east coast all day and possible tonite. Huge band of red, coming up from the south and looks like it will cover the entire DR. 8( Be Careful everyone. Stock up on food and drink and stay in if you can.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
question if you have residency are you required legally to have a cedula??

Yes,
the Residency is just your Immigrations Card, needed when leaving/entering the Country.
the Cedula is Your Local ID for every day business/Identification.
you anyways don't get one without the other.
you have both or none of them.

Happy Hols

Mike

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
WHERE you renew your cedula in Sdomingo is it the same building or location where one has there origional cedula done?thx

teacherpp

Dec 24, 2010
cedula

I am very confused about the need for foreigners to renew their cedula. I have a current permanent residency card but my cedula is expired. Most Dominicans also have expired cedulas! Over a year and a half ago Dominicans and foreigners alike had to register, get a photo taken, take a red cross card in with our blood type to get the "new cedula" and then WAIT for the new cedulas, I still have my receipt! Like many new endeavors this process was never completed(fault of the Junta) and the new cedulas are not ready. How can i be expected to get a new cedula? Can someone explain please?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
WHERE you renew your cedula in Sdomingo is it the same building or location where one has there origional cedula done?thx

Scroll back in this thread. I am certain you will find a post with the address of the office where you renew your cedula. It is not the same office that I went to previously.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I am very confused about the need for foreigners to renew their cedula. I have a current permanent residency card but my cedula is expired. Most Dominicans also have expired cedulas! Over a year and a half ago Dominicans and foreigners alike had to register, get a photo taken, take a red cross card in with our blood type to get the "new cedula" and then WAIT for the new cedulas, I still have my receipt! Like many new endeavors this process was never completed(fault of the Junta) and the new cedulas are not ready. How can i be expected to get a new cedula? Can someone explain please?

with Your Receipt of the Renovation You are fine to use your old ID Card/Cedular as everybody else who been due for renos lately. they had explained that to You on renewal I guess. I've been told on my renewal last Summer that the New Cards will not be printed before January 2011 for the JCE Office here in Bavaro, so I will step by there to see what's Up somewhere mid or end January.
there's no problem on that, Hey, it is a FREE of Charge Service from the Gubmint.
go on using Your old expired Cedula and all is Fine.

Happy Holidays

Mike

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Of course Mike you know that this is January 2011 Dominican TIME............;););)

Happy Holidays

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
he he
good point, but on the other hand, what does it matter?
the old plastic stays valid, the renewal to get that paper took me just some very few minutes here, they noted bloodgroup, took my Foto etc, I don't think I spent mopre than 5 or 6 minutes in there, been very friendly Staff, and it is a service for FREE.

I could not name any such Gubmint Services in my homecountry Germany, not that quick and sure not for Free, lol.

Mike

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
We only paid 1200 pesos in november to renew.This new fee seemed a little harsh. If you read the listin diario in spanish it looks like dr1 made a few translation errors. Only 500 per expired year and 2000 to renew.

JCE suspende c?dulas a 36 mil 453 extranjeros - List?n Diario Digital.

"Por cada a?o que un extranjero deja de actualizar su c?dula debe pagar 500 pesos de mora, adicional a la tarifa de la renovaci?n, que a partir de primero de diciembre cuesta 2,000 pesos."

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
interesting read on the link, but it also has some lil false info in it.
they write the foreigners Cedulas need to be renewed every 2 years, maybe such is the case for new ones issued, I don't know about that Rule, but mine been renewd the last Time on my B-Day in September 2004, and been valid for 6 years, so this september 2010 on Time I went for renewal again, been Free of Charge(yes, I realized the paper states the 2000 pesos renewal Fee will start Dec 2010, I renewed in September, I would not be surprised to be asked for the Renewal Fee when I pick up the new card now in January, lol, will see what Expiration Date will be printed on it, as I also in January Renew My Residency for 10 Years ahead now).

will post the Info here when I've been down there on the South for Renewals after Jan 10th.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
New much higher Rates for Residency renewals now.
iI renewed Mine Yesterday inSanto Domingo.
their big Signs at the Cashier state:
for 5 Years 17.000.- Pesos,
additional Years 500 add Pesos per added Year.
my own unexpected high Bill:
21.000 Pesos for 10 Years, including the 1000 Pesos VIP Fee to get the new card the same Day.
over all it went smooth, 2 1/2 hrs total from entering the Doors til I left with the Renewd Card now expiring in January 2021.
But Hey,
formerly teh Fees been 2.500 Peos for 2 Years, would have made a 12.500.- Pesos for 10 years, it is close to double now.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
does anyone know if i can renew my CEDULA in santiago? if so, where?
my residency is up to date, btw, i just need cedula. is the fee 500 pesos per year or per month after the expiry date?
i appreciate all info.

Jan 17, 2009
My lawyer (I'm only starting my residency now) told my husband that his residnecy can be renewed in Santiago. The Immigration office just happens to be next to my lawyer's. It's in Jardines, in the plaza at the corner of 27 de Febrero and Texas, 2nd floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.