New & Renewal Cedula, Residency Cards & Drivers License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
accept the Dominican Laws and Rules as they Are and Comply with the Requirements or simply Live elsewhere.

Mike

Is there a country in the civilized world where there are not certain documents that must be renewed on or before a specified date? Drivers license, passport, credit cards, etc., all have expiration dates. I bet the few who are fussing about having to renew their documentation here did not do the same in their home country.

Reactions: MikeFisher

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Is there a country in the civilized world where there are not certain documents that must be renewed on or before a specified date? Drivers license, passport, credit cards, etc., all have expiration dates. I bet the few who are fussing about having to renew their documentation here did not do the same in their home country.

Of course you are all right, but then...

Some blue-eyed gringos that has been here for a while might be somewhat upset when they come up with a shortcut (supercheap) after you have done it the right way. It always happens something just before an administration change.

Where do the money go to? We see that roads in general do not improve much. And Carretera turistica to santiago... Houston we have a problem. I am not finding that the normal dominican is better off when it comes to helathcare etc.

and last but NOT least...

Any gringo that went over the mountains between Moca and Sabaneta today looses faith in how things work here. When u showed all documents -"Armas de fuego?" -"No". "Algo para combustible"? Like always I have the small bills in one pocket and I am not saying no to underpayed guys with rifles and machine guns.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Of course you are all right, but then...

Some blue-eyed gringos that has been here for a while might be somewhat upset when they come up with a shortcut (supercheap) after you have done it the right way. It always happens something just before an administration change.

Where do the money go to? We see that roads in general do not improve much. And Carretera turistica to santiago... Houston we have a problem. I am not finding that the normal dominican is better off when it comes to helathcare etc.

and last but NOT least...

Any gringo that went over the mountains between Moca and Sabaneta today looses faith in how things work here. When u showed all documents -"Armas de fuego?" -"No". "Algo para combustible"? Like always I have the small bills in one pocket and I am not saying no to underpayed guys with rifles and machine guns.

no My Friend,
sorry, but I name it Crap.

for what ever cause, and If it would be finally the own pocket, this Country Spends the money collected by what ever Fees or Taxes, is simply the cause/Decision of This Country and it's People, named the Dominican Republic and the Voters named Dominican Citizens,
none of them is obliged to reask/reconfirm any of their Votes nor decisions with any welcomed Foreigner such as a Resident, and of course much less the complaining ones who do not even hold any Legal Immigrations Status while they wonder around this Country's Soil.

what do you think the Percentage is of "Legal Expats who complain about such crap" compared to the number of Legal Citizens in this Country???
do You really think you can get a number that would be of any interest for anybody of the Dominican Citizens??

and I talk about the ""Complainers"".

for example Myself I run several legal Dominican registered Companies in the DR since 1995, and I do not complain about anything nor would I assist any of such Foreigner's Complaint, I just pay My Taxes and run My Business by the DR Rules and I am very happy with the Outcome, never been hassled for anything etc etc,
and I appreciate that the DR Gubmint/Authorities take the Illegal Scumbags Off the Streets.

any Reason Why to Think or Act Different??

Mike

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
take it easy amigo, we r also leaving the subject. And I am legal, residency just renewed to 2014, and I agree of most of the things you say. Guess I am just ****ed at myself that I did not renew the cedula (2010) also before New Year at low cost here at the North coast. Now I have to go to Santo domingo and pay much more. I feel like they punish the legal expats. Raise the overstay fees instead. 400 dollars for overstaying 5+ years is a joke.

I guess I will renew my cedula (2010) even though its prob a waste of money. When Hippo, Miguel & co enters office again...huhhhh... it will be new rules.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
while I get the point of Your Disagreement, as I know so many Expats over here in my 'Hood thinking the same,
Where would there be any Problem with Any Overdoing/Expiration Fees If people would Renew On Time??
I never in my 16 Years of Islandtime did I ever pay any Peso of Expirationtime Fee for any Documents, because I simply renew my Cedula, Residency, Gun Permits, Dominican Drivers License, Wife's Dominican Cedula, different Visas, Pay My Taxes etc etc On Time,
We never had to pay any Late Renewal Fee in Our Lifes, because we simply renew on Time.
the One's who are Lazy,
yeap, they get punished by Late Fees, as it is usual for everything and everywhere around the globe, not different in My Homecountry Germany for anything expired, they get a extra Fee on such from the second on a Thingy been expired, and they would not even think about to give some Lazy Foreigners some Extra Time to do so Freely.

sorry If We may disagree,
but I do not see any reason to feel sorry for an extra Fee for the ones who did not do their thingy on Time,
specially on things such as Cedulas which need to be done only every 6 !!! Years, there's IMHO NO Excuse for beeing Late.

to the last comment about Hippo & Miguel & Co entering Office,
what ever they May change or not if they ever make it to office, they sure would NOT cancel prior issued legal Residencies etc for Legally in the Country residing Foreigners,
such would be a Case to complaint and be Upset about.

but the need to comply with existing and in no way any new rules??

c'on Guys

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
take it easy amigo, we r also leaving the subject. And I am legal, residency just renewed to 2014, and I agree of most of the things you say. Guess I am just ****ed at myself that I did not renew the cedula (2010) also before New Year at low cost here at the North coast. Now I have to go to Santo domingo and pay much more. I feel like they punish the legal expats. Raise the overstay fees instead. 400 dollars for overstaying 5+ years is a joke.

I guess I will renew my cedula (2010) even though its prob a waste of money. When Hippo, Miguel & co enters office again...huhhhh... it will be new rules.

and no real need to Cry about New/Higher Fees neither.

when they finally print my New Cedula, to be honest, I expect that they may ask to pay for the Fee even that I renewed before their "New Fee" Date.
and for Residencies issued for 10 Years as Mine the new Cedula Fee would be 4000 pesos, to be issued for the same 10 years, so wht is that, around 45 pesos per Month?
I don't think that's something to be seriously worried about,
at least I am Not.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
an other Addy,
I am German,
and of course I have a German Passport,
always issued for 10 Years,
calculating the 10 Years Fee down to a Per Month average to maintain My German Passport Up To Date is more Expensive than the Residency and Cedula together to stay Up To Date Legally as a Resident in the DR.

Mike

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
and no real need to Cry about New/Higher Fees neither.

when they finally print my New Cedula, to be honest, I expect that they may ask to pay for the Fee even that I renewed before their "New Fee" Date.
and for Residencies issued for 10 Years as Mine the new Cedula Fee would be 4000 pesos, to be issued for the same 10 years, so wht is that, around 45 pesos per Month?
I don't think that's something to be seriously worried about,
at least I am Not.

Mike

Well I dont think u get my point, I would never recommend anyone thats gonna be here "not sure maybe 1, 2, 3 years maybe longer" and really dont need it, to get through the process to do it. Just pay the small fee when u leave at the airport. Why do they punish the ones that are legal with fees?

For a while I did not renew my residency. Reason. Twice going to Santiago just hearing that the photo machine was broken and I could still leave with my still valid Cedula. When that stopped working I renewed my Residency (and paid the penalties...)

End of my input to this thread

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Well I dont think u get my point, I would never recommend anyone thats gonna be here "not sure maybe 1, 2, 3 years maybe longer" and really dont need it, to get through the process to do it. Just pay the small fee when u leave at the airport. Why do they punish the ones that are legal with fees?

For a while I did not renew my residency. Reason. Twice going to Santiago just hearing that the photo machine was broken and I could still leave with my still valid Cedula. When that stopped working I renewed my Residency (and paid the penalties...)

End of my input to this thread

It was not the end...and because I can not edit it. "1,2 3 years maybe longer" Usually the people I meet are bums/surfers :cheeky: When I meet somebody who want to run a business here I always tell them to do it the right way. Meaning getting all the papers right and to do it with with a serious lawyer (Guzman for instance) and not with the "lawyer" that his/ner newly found girl-/boyfriend recommend. Should be common sense, but love is blind. Cheers.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I agree to Your short term visiting People, your named Surfer Bums etc,
they stay and pay the small Fee when they leave at the Airport.
firstly, it is planned that it stops in the near Future, as Offices for Immigrations will in the near Future open in the Areas around the Airports including here on the East and then Visitors need to Extend their Visitor Visa when it expires, not at the end of the Visit by paying a overstaying Fee.
2ndly, in case a Person get's involved in any kind of accident or Incident after the Visitor Visa Expired, a smart Accident Opponent would take advantage of the so named "Illegal Immigrations Status" of the Person, such talks never in Favor of the Person, and nobody would bring the arrested Person to Santo Domingo to Pay a Fee after Expiration date, but of course I know what You mean, most People I know over here are going exactly the way you described, they pay their Fees when leaving at the Airport, and very most of them get Never involved in any Incidents or such.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I didn't know that Site.it is not working for me, I fill in the Details and when I press the button my Internet Explorer shows "Error en la Pagina".
does it work for others or is it temporarily not useable at this moment?

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks for the answers,
I anyways assumed it is a prob here on this particular computer, as I have actually quiet a few things messed up.

wil try the page later or tomorrow from a different computer.

Mike

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No problem with Firefox (Windows 7) to confirm that my cedula is current and good until 2016.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yep IE bad

works fine under Google Chrome, gets page errors with IE.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
thanks for the answers,
I anyways assumed it is a prob here on this particular computer, as I have actually quiet a few things messed up.

wil try the page later or tomorrow from a different computer.

Mike

The link within is not working in English but is in Spanish. Forget it though, it is showing mine expired in 2007, which is a load of rubbish. It is them that are way out of date, not my cedula. LOLOL

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Shows the correct expiration date for my cedula in 2014 and some other friends who just renewed as well! Does not work with internet explorer.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The link within is not working in English but is in Spanish. Forget it though, it is showing mine expired in 2007, which is a load of rubbish. It is them that are way out of date, not my cedula. LOLOL

My info was correct, so was a couple of others here with me.

You might want to check your Cedula.

Status
Not open for further replies.