Sosúa Beach Renovations

Feb 16, 2016
-
EXTINCTION!?
•Extinction is the complete disappearance of a species from Earth. Species go extinct every year, but historically the average rate of extinction has been very slow with a few exceptions.

My understanding is that these changes have been wanted for a very long time.
If that is the case no amount of decorum will slow or stop the push by the controlling legal authorities to change the views observed on the beach.
The U-tubers might as well enjoy themselves and get those views, likes and subscriptions while they can.
Every single one of those girls on the beach has a smart phone.

I have always enjoyed the meals I have had at Bailees.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Yes but of course, Sosua will be cleaned up and turned into a family destination. Right after Pattaya beach Thailand.

• Haha
Reactions: drstock

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
I have not been to Sosua in a couple of years, but damn, these women on the beach have about tripled in size since last time I was there!
Other than that, in my not so recent experience the whole girls on the beach scene had died off about 2009.
The early 2000's it was a real meat market...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are not going to get an argument from me when a citizen of the Dominican Republic tells me what his government thinks.
The revenue from those VISITORS is significant to those who receive it.
And many of those are citizens also.
To clarify my point. The specific VISITORS you mention are not wanted by the government.
The collateral damage caused by their no longer VISITING the DR would be acceptable to the government.

Reactions: thompstr

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
People watch YouTube to learn about what is going on right down the road in a country they live in?
Fascinating!
The government watches and sees what it is they want to change. Spandex reduction is on the list of items to diminish. Reducing the specitic VISITORS being discussed is a high priority.

As for your earlier question about AI's in the Sosua Cabarete area, none that I know of are being considered at this time outside of the Marriott long delayed project on Cabarete Beach which only replaces an old defunct AI. There are not many locations in Cabarete/Sosua with beach areas suitable for swimming, so a large number of AI's isn't going to happen in Sosua/Cabarete. Punta Cana and Pedernales will be be the prime AI locations with some in Puerto Plata if they can survive.

What is happening on the north coast is the building of houses and condos. Most of that construction is not visible from the main highway so most people will be unaware of it unless they turn off the main road.

Cleaning up Sosua certainly is a daunting task. WR (Danny of Malibu Beach Bar) YouTube videos have had a number of them pointing out how Sosua beach is attracting more families, but of course, that could simply not be true, because it is Sosua and Sosua will never attract families, only VISITORS......

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You wouldn't know it from going to YouTube and typing "Sosua" in the search bar.
Here are just a few screen shots of video captions that appear.
None of them are older than a week or two.
It is this exact imagine Mr. Collado has stated publicly on more than one occasion he plans on changing... permanently.

View attachment 7429View attachment 7428
View attachment 7430
You can plainly see why the government wants to clean that up.

Reactions: CristoRey

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
This obsession with spandex. It's obvious many have never been in the small towns in and about the country. Spandex rules among the ladies.

Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This obsession with spandex. It's obvious many have never been in the small towns in and about the country. Spandex rules among the ladies.
It is about what is in that spandex on Sosua beach and the environs that attracts VISITORS (some call them Muppets) that the government is concerned about.

I find the entire situation to be a comedic freak show.

Feb 16, 2016
-
What is happening on the north coast is the building of houses and condos. Most of that construction is not visible from the main highway so most people will be unaware of it unless they turn off the main road.
My point exactly.
No growth in visitors of any type.
Cleaning up Sosua certainly is a daunting task. WR (Danny of Malibu Beach Bar) YouTube videos have had a number of them pointing out how Sosua beach is attracting more families, but of course, that could simply not be true, because it is Sosua and Sosua will never attract families, only VISITORS......
On this we are in complete agreement.

chico bill

On Vacation
May 6, 2016
I like a fit girl in Spandex, but that is not what you have in Sosua.
I like it especially if she looks like she's smuggling Yo-Yos

• Wow
Reactions: jd426 and Big

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
It is about what is in that spandex on Sosua beach and the environs that attracts VISITORS (some call them Muppets) that the government is concerned about.

So, they can wear spandex at home and about but not on the beach?

chico bill

On Vacation
May 6, 2016

Some girls should be allowed in Spandex - as an example:

Attachments

• 85436213.jpg
    85436213.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 96

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So, they can wear spandex at home and about but not on the beach?
Truth be told, the "THEY" that are not wanted are they ones that attract the "VISITORS",
Spandexed or not.

If both THEY and the VISITORS ( I just saw a video on YouTube calling the VISITORS something like PASSPORT BROS) were at home, there would be no issue at all. One can certainly learn from YouTube.

But now, we have Sosua Beach Renovations as just one reaction.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Many of the girls seen on the beach are walking from their homes in Los Charamicos to El Batey in town, not plying any trade on the beach. Some girls can be seen sitting in bars, but many of them are invited by men friends. I think the larger girls are favoured by the men who are making the YouTube videos, because when I go Sosua I see girls of all shapes and sizes, and wearing a variety of clothing.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
The desire to believe what one wants to believe by going to the internet to confirm their beliefs is lazy, however it is a great money maker for the idiots posting the stuff. Keep the clicks coming as a reward to the guys ruining the country. After all, it's on the internet so it must be true.

If I weren't exceptionally lazy myself, it would be no problem to gather up a bunch of hot chicas and do my own Sosua beach report. Of course nobody would believe it.

Reactions: AlaninDR and Big
Feb 16, 2016
-
If both THEY and the VISITORS ( I just saw a video on YouTube calling the VISITORS something like PASSPORT BROS) were at home, there would be no issue at all. One can certainly learn from YouTube.
Are you speaking of the the video on you tube titled "Passport Bros Are LEAVING Dominican Republic for THIS REASON"?

These visitors will not be visiting anymore.
They must not like the the Sosúa Beach Renovations.
(insert "laughing" emoji here).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Are you speaking of the the video on you tube titled "Passport Bros Are LEAVING Dominican Republic for THIS REASON"?

These visitors will not be visiting anymore.
Then the government is getting what it desires, at least with respect to them.
They must not like the the Sosúa Beach Renovations.
(insert "laughing" emoji here).
It may have been that video, but there were certainly others. YouTube is chockfull of information, even about Sosua and the beach.
YouTube is always trying to find videos from previous searches to present.

I had never heard that term before. Much like I never heard of "off the chain", but I had heard of "off the hook".