Sosua Resident Murdered and Chopped Into Pieces

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I'd wager that a majority are blissfully unaware of such events prior to moving here based on some of the locations they choose to live in.

Exactly my thoughts. Many are unaware until they've made the move.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
now diario libre reports:
Matan un alem?n de 60 a?os en Puerto Plata - DiarioLibre.com

i would not want to be the doctor performing this autopsy... i wonder whether they will bother at all.

You said it! I wonder if there's anything left to autopsy.The body was in a barrel decomposing
for 30 days in high humidity.

I feel so sick just thinking about these low life individuals who can commit such atrocities.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I'd wager that a majority are blissfully unaware of such events prior to moving here based on some of the locations they choose to live in.

And the ones that find out absolutely change their minds about moving there.

Trinidad/Tobago are in the middle of something similar for a few years - mostly due to drugs & gangs. They're combating it with States of Emergency, curfews, etc. They're gaining but they got a ways to go.

The DR has to react now not later, or this really will kill all tourism and ex-pat moves.

Having a potential buyer or tourist find out that there's hookers is one thing, but bodies chopped up in a barrel is something else. There's no way to spin that.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I wouldn't read to much into incidents like this. Usually there is a woman involved or somebody who believes he was done wrong.

This does not mean that people are running the streets with machetes in hand looking for foreigners to butcher.

Hopefully we'll get more details,but I don't believe a serial killer is on the loose.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Having a potential buyer or tourist find out that there's hookers is one thing, but bodies chopped up in a barrel is something else.

It should bring the prices of Blue Bayou down to reality!

terrible tambo'

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
It seems to me that I read a while back (a few years ago) that the Hells Angels had moved into the area. If that is the case I would imagine residents in the area would be aware.
One thing for sure......
These guys do not move anywhere unless there is money to be made.
They are usually into drugs and chicks and a lot of people die.
Does anybody know?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Here's a photo of the property in question, for those who are having trouble picturing it.

The plastic container with the murdered man's remains were found on the second floor-

2z7fr0o.jpg

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Why are so many wanting to know and have the need to see the site? I figured out the location in 2 seconds on Google Earth being concerned about the crime in our area. Not to go "view" the crime spot. The general area of the crime should have been enough and that was given.

The man is dead via very unusual and brutal force.

Now you need to "SEE" the place?

Let it go and let him and his family RIP.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's morbid curiosity Ringo. The same thing that makes people gawk at deadly accidents.

New Yorkers have a name for it: "rubber-necking".

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
totally get it. there's a reason why so many people like crime related series. i was less curious of the place and more of a barrel, of course. of course the photo of the building is decent and the barrel must have been snapped by a two year old, with a camera from the first ever model of motorola rzr.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Common Dominican method of corpse handling. Often its a plastic rice bag after the machete work. If these people were not so darn big there would be no need to cut them to fit. With the rice bag method its common to put the bag in an out of the
way place so its not discovered quickly. Two of my inlaws (Doms) have found corpses in rice bags. Me, I never look in rice
bags laying out in the woods! Moral of the story is pay your girls what you owe (mine collect up front) and do not argue
with the locals.
Expats do not understand they are third class citizens here. Most of these murders seem to go unsolved and just fade away.

Mar 1, 2009
Sadly foreigners do not take precautions dominicans usually take. If you have a ho' as a girlfriend, your inevitably gonna get burned. Unless you are more tigere than the tigera.
You never bring her to your place.
You never show her where you live.
Haitiano issue, a lot of Haitian escaped criminals made there way over here after the border was left wide open by Bruto Leonel after the quake.
I wouldn't use a Haitian to do work for me.

Plus let me inform you that the culture of vendettas are alive and well on the island. If you cross someone and they feel slighted Haitian or Dominican, they will kill you. They don't think about the consequences.
Dominicans say "eso no se va quedar asi"...that means watch your back.

It pains me as a Dominican to see this happening. Bad publicity travels so fast, I still think DR is a great place.
Western Euro's like Germans, Scandinavians and Swiss are most likely to be frightened. Spaniards, Italians and french are much more sly.
Eastern Europeans fit in here perfectly because they come from a tough neighborhood already. This island used to not be this way. Most of you wanted Dominicans to act more like the modern world anyway!!! All those silly conservative taboos keeping people in line, foolish, superstitious Dominicans.
Now your wish has been granted!!
Be careful what you wish for.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
And the ones that find out absolutely change their minds about moving there.

Trinidad/Tobago are in the middle of something similar for a few years - mostly due to drugs & gangs. They're combating it with States of Emergency, curfews, etc. They're gaining but they got a ways to go.

The DR has to react now not later, or this really will kill all tourism and ex-pat moves.

Having a potential buyer or tourist find out that there's hookers is one thing, but bodies chopped up in a barrel is something else. There's no way to spin that.

What are you talking about ctrob? I thought Sosua was the hot and happening place for tourist now with all the new painting of the streets and The closing of those hooker slave places like Passions..I know many travel agents that have Sosua as their number 1 Caribean Destination.:rolleyes: NOT!!!!