Starlink Arrived in the DR

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I was constantly getting the same error. And because I couldn't contact anyone Starlink, I gave up. I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money with a company I cannot communicate with.

Initially, I thought it was a problem with my UK bank card, but now you've mentioned you tried your Dominican bank card and also failed. I have no idea what the problem is. You've even tried incognito and VPN, yet others have been successful.

As much as I would love to have Starlink, until I can talk to them, I'm out.

Please re-post here if you get a result.
welcome to the new world ... no one to talk to only computers.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
I was constantly getting the same error. And because I couldn't contact anyone Starlink, I gave up. I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money with a company I cannot communicate with.

Initially, I thought it was a problem with my UK bank card, but now you've mentioned you tried your Dominican bank card and also failed. I have no idea what the problem is. You've even tried incognito and VPN, yet others have been successful.

will do - I'll be in DR at the end of the month so will try again there and update!

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I do have the same issue with the payment of my monthly.
Same credit card worked to buy the dish but not to pay the monthly subscription.
I have being in contact with them through their support messages system available on their web-site.
They do answer in 24 hours ...I have being following-up with them IntelliJ so they do not cut me from internet.
They promised they won't do it until resolution.

So far so good with Starlink. In my community we only get Delancer which is 4 times the price for same speed...
I use Starlink now as my main internet provider and Delancer as my backup with a downgraded speed ...
So ,my monthly is now lower of what I was paying with Delancer and I have backup ,,,,,with same speed.

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
Same credit card worked to buy the dish but not to pay the monthly subscription.
I have being in contact with them through their support messages system available on their web-site.
They do answer in 24 hours ...I have being following-up with them IntelliJ so they do not cut me from internet.

So far so good with Starlink. In my community we only get Delancer which is 4 times the price for same speed...
I use Starlink now as my main internet provider and Delancer as my backup with a downgraded speed ...
So ,my monthly is now lower of what I was paying with Delancer and I have backup ,,,,,with same speed.
I've not been able to order at all - I just cannot get it to accept any card for the initial order - which means I don't have an account and can't access the support tickets. Sis you use a DR card or US card? were you in the DR when you ordered? That's my last resort now - to try when I'm out there..

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
As an update, I had a slightly wrong service address, and I was only getting downloads of approximately 50 mbits/s. Upon rectifying that to put the exact Google Plus Location Code the speed went up to the expended approximate 150 mbits/s.

Reactions: Bred

RolandoMalena

Aug 9, 2022
Cotui
I've not been able to order at all - I just cannot get it to accept any card for the initial order - which means I don't have an account and can't access the support tickets. Sis you use a DR card or US card? were you in the DR when you ordered? That's my last resort now - to try when I'm out there..
You should be able to contact support by going into support.starlink.com then open up any question and click thumbs down on it, that should show a prompt to submit a support ticket, it's not convenient in any way but it is a way, I would like this to be more upfront.

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Not sure this will help you, but I was able to order and pay the first month from within Canada using a Canadian Credit Card.

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
You should be able to contact support by going into support.starlink.com then open up any question and click thumbs down on it, that should show a prompt to submit a support ticket, it's not convenient in any way but it is a way, I would like this to be more upfront.
they've taken that option away now :-( they don't offer the thumbs up and down ...

drisforme

May 28, 2016
They do answer in 24 hours ...I have being following-up with them so they do not cut me from internet.

Reporting that my issue in trying to pay my monthly subscription got resolved without updating my credit card information.
I have just submitted again based on feedback from Starlink support.

FYI, I am using a JETBLUE Mastercard.Was an early adopter ,the first monthly was DOP 7080 ,the subsequents are DOP 2900 .

Reactions: zeferus

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
Just an update as I finally managed to confirm my order. Whilst it looked like my shipping address had been accepted - it was allowing me to the payment page so I assumed it was OK, - I tried changing the shipping address to a less urban one and it worked, with my UK card.. so just waiting now for it to be shipped :)

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020
I was struggling too with Samana. It seemed like it accepted the address but I could not get payment made… finally changed the shipping address to a friends in Santiago and went through no issue.. try using a different address in one of the main cities .. good luck!

Amaia Diaz

Apr 14, 2020

Hi. I managed to get it through… it was my shipping address in samana that was the issue, even though it was validating. Put an address in Santiago and went through, with UK card and no vpn etc, first time!!!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Hi. I managed to get it through… it was my shipping address in samana that was the issue, even though it was validating. Put an address in Santiago and went through, with UK card and no vpn etc, first time!!!
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try when I'm next home. I'm away at the moment.

I'm a heavy internet user. I need it for work as I now teach online. I'm hoping that Starlink will be another utility to get me off-grid from local Dominican suppliers. I have a wel for my water - no longer need CORAPLATA, I will be going solar so I can kiss goodbye to EDENORTE, so next is internet.......My Delancer bill is way too expensive. 7200 pesos a month for internet. OK, it's fast, but expensive.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Does anyone know if Starlink offers the portability feature to DR customers, and if so what is that fee?

Aug 31, 2011
Side question since you mentioned your credit card. Is there a safe way to get a credit card sent from US to the DR? Had to cancel one of mine and bank will reissue a new one.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Side question since you mentioned your credit card. Is there a safe way to get a credit card sent from US to the DR? Had to cancel one of mine and bank will reissue a new one.
I have used MBE twice now. 70 pesos. It's not super fast, but it's good enough. By the way, I also have BM Cargo, and am told they refuse to do credit or debit cards, which is why I got MBE.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have had very good results with DOMEX