USA issued ATM highst DR Limits

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Hmmm. Ok 8000 seems odd they confiscated it, but when they run the passenger manifest did his name pop a red flag? The other dude 38Gs?? You can't expect to get on a plane with 38,000 in cash. Something's not right here.
I guess the money didn't come from the local pica pollo

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
There's no limit on how much cash you can travel with domestically or internationally. Internationally, you are only required to declare if you have more than $10K. However, with the way civil asset forfeiture laws are being abused at airports and on the highways, it's not a good idea to even be travelling with even several thousand dollars in cash. It not easy to get it back when confiscated.

Exactly.

These government agencies are utilizing their authority in a very questionable way pertaining to these cases, same could happen to your media devices, phone, ipads, tablets, laptops etc

Out of control!

I wire my money and do not travel with more than $20.00 if that, in cash

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Exactly.

These government agencies are utilizing their authority in a very questionable way pertaining to these cases, same could happen to your media devices, phone, ipads, tablets, laptops etc

Out of control!

I wire my money and do not travel with more than $20.00 if that, in cash
Good idea. Under civil asset forfeiture, you are guilty until proven innocent.

• Love
Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They are confiscating this money the gates. If this doesn't ring the alarm bell...
SMH.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but today I was standing behind a Dominicana at a Banresevas ATM inside Bravo. She asked for and got 20k pesos at one time. I've always asked for 10k at a time so this was news to me. I will try it next time.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but today I was standing behind a Dominicana at a Banresevas ATM inside Bravo. She asked for and got 20k pesos at one time. I've always asked for 10k at a time so this was news to me. I will try it next time.

Weird?

The most I have ever gotten from Reservas ATM is 10Ks, their ATM s aren't allowed to dispense anything higher at least in the city of Santo Domingo, same holds true for Popular

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Just completed a rather large withdraw from Santa Cruz using my credit card surplus. No idea of either the exchange rate or the fees involved, have to wait upon my return to Canada to find out.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I just went to Banco Santa Cruz two days ago with my US debit card. The ATM would only give me 4000 pesos. Inside they offered to give me 20,000 pesos but I needed to have my passport. Cedula wasn't good enough.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I just went to Banco Santa Cruz two days ago with my US debit card. The ATM would only give me 4000 pesos. Inside they offered to give me 20,000 pesos but I needed to have my passport. Cedula wasn't good enough.

As of now, the only one I know for a fact that would dispense up to 40Ks at once from their ATMs is BANESCO. Just did it this week but I believe that from this point forward will go with SCHWAB Brokerage Account wires for $15.00 to send and $15.00 to receive it here.

Cedula wasnt' enough - typical Dominican logic here; the Cedula is issued after reviewing and verifying many personal documents to include the passport but after all, it isn't good enough?

WTF the goverment issue Cedulas if they are not good enough?
Jajaja

What gives?

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Just completed a rather large withdraw from Santa Cruz using my credit card surplus. No idea of either the exchange rate or the fees involved, have to wait upon my return to Canada to find out.

What exactly is a rather large withdraw?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What exactly is a rather large withdraw?

Going to a teller at Santa Cruz will get you a max of 50K pesos per day from your credit card as a cash advance. If you can pay off the card each month that's an easy way to get the highest amount at one time that I have found. If you don't pay off the balance each month, the cash advance portion of your outstanding balance is the last to be lowered by any payments you do make and is charged at a higher interest rate than purchases (for most credit cards).

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
As of now, the only one I know for a fact that would dispense up to 40Ks at once from their ATMs is BANESCO. Just did it this week but I believe that from this point forward will go with SCHWAB Brokerage Account wires for $15.00 to send and $15.00 to receive it here.

Cedula wasnt' enough - typical Dominican logic here; the Cedula is issued after reviewing and verifying many personal documents to include the passport but after all, it isn't good enough?

WTF the goverment issue Cedulas if they are not good enough?
Jajaja

What gives?
The "logic" was, since it's a US bank, they needed a US passport.

Reactions: Radical

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Going to a teller at Santa Cruz will get you a max of 50K pesos per day from your credit card as a cash advance. If you can pay off the card each month that's an easy way to get the highest amount at one time that I have found. If you don't pay off the balance each month, the cash advance portion of your outstanding balance is the last to be lowered by any payments you do make and is charged at a higher interest rate than purchases (for most credit cards).
Maybe it depends on the card you have, whether it's a credit card or a debit card, or what country your card is from but, just a couple days ago, BSC would only give me 20,000 pesos with my US debit card. The OT is about US debit cards.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I should have my Schwab debit card soon. They reimburse all ATM fees inc. international and supposedly have a good exchange rate. I'll soon be making those very reasonable wire transfers from my brokerage account, also.

Reactions: Radical

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
The "logic" was, since it's a US bank, they needed a US passport.

Dummys!

In order to get a Cedula one must have presented a valid passport, the point of a Cedula is to serve as the official ID in the country once all other processes are over with and documents verified.

No other country is as backwards as this one is when it comes to anything requiring simple paperwork and identification - banking by far is thee most frustrating experience anyone would endure here, period.

So many darn checks and balances and there are no other land where trampas, robos, and fechorias are more present at all levels than this one.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Correction: I went back to BSC today with my passport. The minimum they would give me inside the bank was 20,000 pesos. Maximum is 100,000 pesos.

What a process that was. They even had the manager come over to double check everything. Photocopies of everything. Totally insane,

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Maybe it depends on the card you have, whether it's a credit card or a debit card, or what country your card is from but, just a couple days ago, BSC would only give me 20,000 pesos with my US debit card. The OT is about US debit cards.

Notice all those cameras in the bank that are capable of capturing you enter your debit card PIN if you aren't careful? I would never use a debit card here to directly access my foreign bank account. Someone getting directly into that account would be disastrous and a nightmare to correct. Dealing with a compromised CC is so much easier with much less direct liability.