Waiting for Kenyans to arrive?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
When you are in a situation that requires serious social work with a Mossberg or SigSauer you revert to your training.

That means reacting to the situation presented to you correctly. In the shoot house you practice, practice and practice some more. Not once do I remember thinking. Clearing a room is not the calm cool situation that a sniper faces. Room clearing is intense the adrenlene is surging and your heart is pumping. If you have to think...well maybe someone picked the wrong profession. Those in the opposition that do not use their brains and choose to make the wrong decision...those are the moments I used to train for.

Haiti needs good men with guns. Strong men with computers and a deep desire to find and eliminate corruption on behalf of their fellow countrymen.
Nothing gets your attention like having a loaded weapon pointing at you. You get real small

• Love
Reactions: Sloan

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
When you are in a situation that requires serious social work with a Mossberg or SigSauer you revert to your training.

That means reacting to the situation presented to you correctly. In the shoot house you practice, practice and practice some more. Not once do I remember thinking. Clearing a room is not the calm cool situation that a sniper faces. Room clearing is intense the adrenlene is surging and your heart is pumping. If you have to think...well maybe someone picked the wrong profession. Those in the opposition that do not use their brains and choose to make the wrong decision...those are the moments I used to train for.

Haiti needs good men with guns. Strong men with computers and a deep desire to find and eliminate corruption on behalf of their fellow countrymen.
I'm curious, what is your training in your gun control specialty? You can be specific, it won't compromise your identity.

• Haha
Reactions: Sloan

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
I'm curious,
Not buying it...
what is your training in your gun control specialty? You can be specific, it won't compromise your identity.
Certified Federal Firearms Instructor. Received my training at FLETC, Artesia New Mexico

Smooth on the right, ready to fight!

What is yours, if any?
You can be specific, it won't compromise your identity.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Not buying it...

Certified Federal Firearms Instructor. Received my training at FLETC, Artesia New Mexico

What is yours, if any?
IMG_0712.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Notengo

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Not buying it...

What is yours, if any?
None, other than the basic training military stuff and some 50 cal. practice. I'm talking late 60's stuff.

Reactions: MoJoInDR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not buying it...

What is yours, if any?
Border patrol?

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
Well I hope the Kenyans have more than just "basic training military stuff".

I hope they send Kenya Army Paratroopers, which is a highly trained and coordinated force for covert operations. Additionally, the KDF has other specialized units, such as the Rangers and the General Service Unit (GSU), which also conduct special operationsI.

The gang leaders will not throw down arms without a fight. If they will not, hit um!

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
None, other than the basic training military stuff and some 50 cal. practice. I'm talking late 60's stuff.
Been out the action for 20 years. But I was just on the range and muscle memory is as strong as ever. But the recoil the shotgun really 🤬 me up now. That is why the actual fighting should be left to the young people among us.

Border Patrol has a tough job. Never had it. Never would want it. But much respect to um.

MoJoInDR

Banned
Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
I'm not sure about the other countries that it's said will be participating in the policing intervention in Haiti... But I can tell you that the Jamaican contingent if they do go, will bring with them forty years of active, daily experience in dealing with heavily armed criminal gangs. The Jamaican policing forces are very aware of the need to shoot first and ask questions later. And they don't kid around.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Not buying it...

What is yours, if any?
You seem to be quite a guy, and like to let others know. A gun ace and drive around at 140mph.

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
I am comfortable with myself. I am at peace with myself and all others. Sarcasm does not bother me. More interested in the subjects we are discussing. Those who prefer to concentrate on me...that is on them.

I had a very colorful life. That was my youth/young adulthood.. I am sure we were ALL very different people in our youth. I know a lot about a few things. Most of which I no longer participate in. But oh the memories. I'm in just a keyboard warrior now. Can handle a gun because of my previous training. Would only pick one up now in order to defend me and my loved ones. I do not even own a car today. :ROFLMAO:

That is why I said that I leave the actual fighting to the young. The young people on this mission will have stories to tell their grandchildren. They will be doing a great service and some will pay a great cost while doing it. Those who have never stood and faced danger will never know.

Reactions: MoJoInDR

MoJoInDR

Banned
Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
I am comfortable with myself. I am at peace with myself and all others. Sarcasm does not bother me. More interested in the subjects we are discussing. Those who prefer to concentrate on me...that is on them.

I had a very colorful life. That was my youth/young adulthood.. I am sure we were ALL very different people in our youth. I know a lot about a few things. Most of which I no longer participate in. But oh the memories. I'm in just a keyboard warrior now. Can handle a gun because of my previous training. Would only pick one up now in order to defend me and my loved ones. I do not even own a car today. :ROFLMAO:

That is why I said that I leave the actual fighting to the young. The young people on this mission will have stories to tell their grandchildren. They will be doing a great service and some will pay a great cost while doing it. Those who have never stood and faced danger will never know.
Thanks for sharing the above... Learning a little more about DR1 participants is always interesting to me.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: drstock and Sloan

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
One must wonder "Why Kenyan troops"? Their country is going thru civil unrest in the streets with the Army shooting live bullets. All documented on line. I checked it. So, a few questions regarding Haiti: 1) Why did Kenya (it's government) agree to this effort? Is this all about money? Don't they have enough of their own problems?
(2) If the Haitian pop. engaged in civil unrest (not the gang activity) are the Kenyans going to shoot with live bullets the pop.?
(3) How does this force know the good guys from the bad guys? The gangs put on black shirts today and white shirts tomorrow.

Honestly, I don't get it other than this is JUST all about money and nothing else.

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
Here is an article that outlines the possible benefits that Kenya gets from leading the Peacekeeping mission:

Figuring out the good guys from the bad guys very easy now. Haitians that want to be on the side of the government need to wear a uniform of the government at this time. Everyone else that welds a weapon, shoot em down.

No proof but I am certain there is intelligence being fed and a big brother advisors on the ground.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

They were the nicest crooks you’ve ever seen!