Prostitution in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
This question should put a good spin on teh subject at hand:

would any of you guys like to see your daughters/loved one (put what ever applies here) as prostitutes?

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Robert said:
Most of us couldn't careless about the financial arrangements you have with your wife.

Let's get back on topic...

I fail to see your point................................

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
sal, ya got issues

I think your way too affected by the whole thing.

Actually scratch that, I don't think you're that affected by it, I think you just claim you are to keep the discussion going.

Remember most of these girl's customers are married or have girlfriends, so walking down the street with a woman is not going to exempt you from their offers. I wonder how many guys walking with their wives ditch the wife and come back by later?

Prostitution here or anywhere else is not about you, taking personal offense to it only shows weak character. Those girls hiss and snicker at every guy that walks by them, (in the rest of the country it's men doing the hissing and making lewd suggestions) if you want them to make an exception in your case you should wear a t-shirt or a sandwich board that says something to that effect, though I doubt anyone will read it. (except maybe curious tourists) So your best bet is to personally interview every prostitute in the country, explain that although you are a healthy uninhibited heterosexual and are sincerely apreciative of the offer you are just not interested. Show them a photo album with pictures of your family that show how happy you are with your spouse so you can be sure they get the point. You might also use this time to point out that you don't appreciate them advetising their profession on the internet or the streets of your country as it attracts the wrong kind of international traveler to the country. Now remember there's roughly 200,000 of them so get busy.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
salito123 said:
I fail to see your point................................

That is exactly the point! You don't get it :)

As you once said:

"I don't live over there... I was not brought up over there..."

When you are in a position to make a more informed opinion about prostitution in the DR, come back here and discuss it.

Until then, my best advice is to be a little more humble and try and educate yourself from people that... "Live over there... and was brought up over there..."

If your issue is with prostitution period, then I suggest that you go no further than your own back yard and see what a mess it is.

Rather than preach about your disgust with DR prostitutes looking at you in the street. Why don't you make an effort and help your own community by picking up all the used needles and condoms in the street at the back of the school. Then when you have done that, go round up all the crack dealers that are given it away to get kids addicted.
When you have them fixed up, go and look after the girls that are selling themselves in the street at the back of the school so they have cash to buy crack... the cycle goes on.

I think you get my point...

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
salito123 said:
This question should put a good spin on teh subject at hand:

would any of you guys like to see your daughters/loved one (put what ever applies here) as prostitutes?

That question is irrelevant

there are lots of other things I would not like to see my Daughter or loved one be. So what?
Some of these are:
Christian
Cop
Democrat
Insurance broker
Model
Canadian
PRDista
French
Dancer
the list goes on and on.
Guess what? It is not your right to tell anybody wha they can or cannot do with their body.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
robert

isn't prostitution the same everywhere? is there a different brand of it out there?

I mean i think i have said it before, Tell me if i am wrong about the mechanics of it, I pay, they do, isn't that basically it, the underlying reasons for them being prostitutes is not really an issue, they just are........

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
A whore is a whore is a whore....

I agree with salito, a whore is a whore and if a woman defends a whore is also a closet whore. A man who defends a whore is a pimp with a feature in the hat. A man who uses services of a whore is :): a macho man. A man who doesn't use services of a whore = a christain or a whimp or simply a fag.
Tell me, have I offended everyone yet? If I left out anyone please excuse me as I have just finished having lunch with a slut from Esperanza and feel quite full and sleepy.
Will resume with my insults after this comercial break.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
If I am walking with a woman like I was a few weeks ago in San Jose, Costa Rica prostitutes did NOT approach me at all. When I walk in the Dominican Republic Prostitutes rarely even look at me because I don't look at them if I have no interest. I look at my feet and where I am walking and never ever had a problem. Once you know the lay of the land and you keep "your" eyes to yourself you won't be bothered.

Maybe that is your problem, trying to compare them to your wife and that gets them interested in another "mark" or "John". How about posting a picture of your wife. Give the rest of us something to aspire to.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Tony C said:
That question is irrelevant

there are lots of other things I would not like to see my Daughter or loved one be. So what?
Some of these are:
Christian
Cop
Democrat
Insurance broker
Model
Canadian
PRDista
French
Dancer
the list goes on and on.
Guess what? It is not your right to tell anybody wha they can or cannot do with their body.

if yo uread any of my post you will see that i have never insunuated that i will impose my will on anyone, if my sister says tomorrow that she is gonna become a prostitute, you know what i would say, to each his own, don't expect me to approve of it but i will not talk you out of it, because its none of my bussiness, but it still doesn't change the fact that as a human i have opinions and my opinion of it is that i don't like it, thats it

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
salito123 said:
robert

isn't prostitution the same everywhere? is there a different brand of it out there?

I mean i think i have said it before, Tell me if i am wrong about the mechanics of it, I pay, they do, isn't that basically it, the underlying reasons for them being prostitutes is not really an issue, they just are........

I have already told you, I'm not interested in discussing the financial arrangements you have with your wife :) Think about it, you might be surprised?

And if you truly believe prostitution is the same all over the world, then you need to go have a chat with your travel agent, because you obviously live a very sheltered life.

I'm done...

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
salito123 said:
if my sister says tomorrow that she is gonna become a prostitute, you know what i would say, to each his own, ...........
.................but it still doesn't change the fact that as a human i have opinions and my opinion of it is that i don't like it, thats it

I don't like Canadian weather either, but there's nothing I can do about it.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
Petaka said:
I don't like Canadian weather either, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I have repeatedly said that I can't do anything about the way i feel.........

Its my opinion and its the way i feel i have i right to my thoughts and thats that.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
robert.....

just to clarify something....my husband doesnt pay me!! I make my own money, plenty of it to get what i want when i want....that he wants to buy me a gift or i him, is a different thing, we aren't paying for services rendered, we are simply exchanging gifts between two people that CARE for each other and show their appreciation with a small or large token......

i know a john can show his appreciation for getting laid by paying but in all truth he's paying cause he HAS to and he went looking to be SERVICED...so i think its a bit different

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
lalla & salito123 photo...

I'll let you form your own opinions :)

allalla.jpg

Another one, hehehehe, my opinion is formed :)

allalla_1.jpg

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Ya just don't get it!

A very wise man. . . . . .OK Carlie Sheen. . . . . .once said. . . . . . ."I don't pay them to have sex with me, I pay them to leave afterwards".

Heck, I remember when I was younger, hearing female friends talking about not "putting out" unless the date included a nice dinner.

I should have made them signs that say
"will work for food";-)

Status
Not open for further replies.