Animation Staff-Apology

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
This gets so boring. The same stuff all the time! Is he a sankie or not? People go on vacations and end up with men as there was nothing else there for them to do. Don't you get the same BS from guys where you live all the time - go out? have fun? sex? would you be my girlfriend? Anything to get you to sleep with them or get something out of you.

If I hear the same while on vacation :disappoin :angry: :dead:

Its the whole atmosphere, sun, alcohol, beach, relaxation, fit energetic chocolate friends talking in your ear while you sun bathe, not many can resist. But believing these guys lines and actually falling in love is a CRAZY, I have to agree.

happy

Aug 23, 2006
Avrora: Yep, and that is why you just know your limits and call a spade a spade. Don't sleep with them and don't give in to their every wish and whim. I have had a few bad experiences already where I am from. Got caught up. So, I guess you can say this was a true wake up call. Sucks, but hey.

happy

Aug 23, 2006
Do Sankie's let everyone know that you are his? I mean do they tell the resort people or the other tourist?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Do Sankie's let everyone know that you are his? I mean do they tell the resort people or the other tourist?

Guys are the same everywhere - they talk about this stuff a lot. You go to bed with one - everyone else finds out all the details. They love it. That is another reason not to do it unless you are serious. It is hard to resist sometimes, but really, they start treating you badly if they think you are a slut or something like that. Why to spoil vacation?

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Words

Well, mas ó menos. ;)

1. He tells you that you are his.
2. He tells many other girls that they are his.
3. Whatever he tells you or the others is just BS.
4. He tells all his friends what he told you and the others and they all roll on the floor with laughter.

m'frog

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Don't be a stick in the mud ..... you've been waiting for this ;)

Its true, but she knows what shes doing and has accepted what he is. Its everyone elses comments that are entertaining.

Can't wait for Anna to Miguel the rope, I hope it works this time.:hurt:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am thinking that it is the worst in DR. Trust me, I do not want to marry a prostitute. NO WAY, JOSE!!! I love myself more than that and I know that there is a WONDERFUL man out here for me. Where he is, who knows?[/QUOTE]

Prostitutes are one of the DRs' biggest exports.
And as for you finding a wonderful man, he's not in the DR so just stop it already.
And if you have experience on other carribean islands where this has happened to you, why go back for more? Man, do you need to get hit over the head with this or what?

happy

Aug 23, 2006
Berzin: No this has not happened to me at any other places in the Caribbean I have been to, or any other place that I have traveled (in and out of my country). That is why it blew me that I got caught up like that. I tell you DR men are good. You guys are right.

M'Frog: I am sweet chocolate and milky all in one....LOL

To all: What I mean is that do the Sankies make public announcements that they are going to marry you to other people? Well, the way they sound, I guess so because like everyone said, they will do whatever it takes to convince you. This guy did that to me. I was in the pool and he told everyone that I was possibly his wife. I am like, oh goodness, just smiling like I was a silly high school girl.

I must say that I do believe you all that he ran a game on me and I have learned my lesson. The hard part is that I have so many pictures with him and looking at them ****es me off. I want to throw them all away, but then we look so good together (so I have been told).

I have to add: I am still having a hard time dealing with all of this because the first time I went out with someone from a different culture that I actually liked, it turned out to be a prostitute. What a bad choice on my part. I am ****ed and laughing all at the same time. My emotions are screwed up right now. I am still in recovery from being sanktified and it is going to take time. But it really hurts.

What hurts is that many of these people sound like they need help, but at the same time they must enjoy what they do. I apologize to all the women and men that have been victims and who knows maybe I can be of some assistance to others based on my experience. I would like to do that.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Happy you have choices

I must say that I do believe you all that he ran a game on me and I have learned my lesson. The hard part is that I have so many pictures with him and looking at them ****es me off. I want to throw them all away, but then we look so good together (so I have been told).

I have to add: I am still having a hard time dealing with all of this because the first time I went out with someone from a different culture that I actually liked, it turned out to be a prostitute. What a bad choice on my part. I am ****ed and laughing all at the same time. My emotions are screwed up right now. I am still in recovery from being sanktified and it is going to take time. But it really hurts.

What hurts is that many of these people sound like they need help, but at the same time they must enjoy what they do. I apologize to all the women and men that have been victims and who knows maybe I can be of some assistance to others based on my experience. I would like to do that.
Stop dwelling on the past and believing you can reform a sankie (aka hoser loser). Follow your handle - be happy you're not in the DR with the hoser, be happy you have opportunities, be happy you're living, ...... If you're not a 'fattie', you'll eventually get picked :)

Robin'sGirl

Jul 10, 2006
I know Happy and she is NOT a typical victim

First and foremost I would like to say hello to all and this is my first post:squareeye . I would also like to let you all know that i am the one who told her about DR1 and Sankies. With that said i would like to share with her what the "Sankie" in question said to me after she left...

At the end of his Sankie shift for the 12pm siesta he called me over to show me a picture that he and Happy had taken together. He was sooooo proud of it. I asked him if he planned to keep in touch with her and he said yes. I then told him treat her well because she is a good girl. His response was "Si Si" all smiles, teeth etc. When asked if he would leave the other Touristas alone, he got completely flabbergasted and said he wasnt sure....

Happy, you got off easy. It could have been a lot worse than some stolen money and too much booze. You could have ended up with stolen money, a drunk and disease ridden.

HE IS A SANKIE. Sorry..

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Don't be hurt, be happy...

What hurts is that many of these people sound like they need help, but at the same time they must enjoy what they do. I apologize to all the women and men that have been victims and who knows maybe I can be of some assistance to others based on my experience. I would like to do that.[/QUOTE]

Listen, not all latino men are lowlife sankie trash. Get out there and meet people. There are good men all over the place. In fact, I challenge you. If you live in NYC come and hang out with me. If I see you gravitating to the same garbage that you found in the DR, then it will be obvious to all who is at fault here. If you want to help someone who is REALLY in a jam, help put a poor dominican child through school. We can help you with that also.
Let's see what you're gonna do, sweetheart...