Animation Staff-Apology

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sankie encounter cause amnesia .....

I can't get burnt like that again. Knowledge is power!!!
Let's hope you don't lose it with your next sankie encounter. You can always tape it on your forehead or ....y as a reminder ;)

happy

Aug 23, 2006
LOL Shad: yes maybe I should do that. HMMM or better yet, take one of my babysitters on here with me......(ga ga, goo goo).

You know, just when I want to shut up, I have more to say. It was funny, I told my Sankie that I didn't trust him while there (before I read this site) and he told me the same thing, he don't trust me either....LOL The feelings are mutual. I love it!!!

happy

Aug 23, 2006
Wait, and who says there will be another Sankie encounter come to think of it. Let's say, more like a Dominican MAN encounter, that is if I ALLOW it to occur.

happy

Aug 23, 2006
LOL....besides I think that Robin's Girl was my little DR1 angel so I think all should give her a big applause.

Oh wait it goes something like this with my choices: uno Sankie, dos Sankie, tres Sankie....anyway, yes Shad i do need to shut up, thanks.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Here you go, from .....

LOL....besides I think that Robin's Girl was my little DR1 angel so I think all should give her a big applause.
The chief organ grinder and his assistant :rambo: .... both agree!!!!
AssistClap.jpg

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
This is a hilarious read!! (particularily the cat fight b/w la barbie and momita)

happy: I'm glad you have a friend and everyone here to help you come to your senses about this guy. They know what they're talking about!

Last edited by a moderator:

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Happy. Apparently you failed to notice my large tongue stuck in my cheek. It was meant simply to describe that special magic exerted by the D.R. on unsuspecting 1st time visitors; many of them come, vacation,go back home and feel nothing special. Ex. This board is filled with people who felt this magic and were thus infected. Never to be the same again. Duh

happy

Aug 23, 2006
Listen, I am not a trouble maker and I do not like to make trouble for anyone, no matter how good or how bad they may appear to be. Originally, coming back from the DR, I learned some new information about this whole Sankie problem that goes on there. Instead of doing the right thing, I have done the wrong thing. I have slandered people that I really shouldn't have because I don't know them, and so they are, that is their business and not for me to gossip about them.

I am greatful to Anna and all of you for bringing out the issue and warning people. I think that is wonderful, however, the right thing for me to do was to tell let it go and not slander anyone.

As for now, I want to let you all know that the animation staff at Majestic Colonial are a wonderful group of people and they are hard workers. They gave me the time of my life and I am greatful.

I am not an advocate for what some of these Sankies/Sankiettes do in terms of con artist, no. I will not support what they do, however, I will not slander anyone no matter what happened to me. The decent act would have been to either do one of two things, let it go or talk to the person that I felt did me wrong, whether they cared or not.

Therefore, this will be my last thread and post about them or any of these people for that matter.

For those that do go to Majestic Colonial, I will say that you will have a wonderful time and that no matter where you travel in Dominican Republic just beware of this problem as any problem when you travel.

As for now, for me Adios........................:laugh:

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
[For those that do go to Majestic Colonial, I will say that you will have a wonderful time... :[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... "wonderful" vs "sankie-full"...:paranoid:

Otherwise, YUP!!! You go ahead and apologise for ya "slander" of a decent young bloke who nicked ya money while claiming you were gonna be his future wife!!!! I SURE WOULD!!! EXCEPT there wasn't any "slander" if what you said was true!!!! "Slander" involves lies and IF he did indeed take your money (give you no change) as you say etc. (which I for one believe he did!!!) then you have exactly NOUGHT to apologise for!!!:ermm:

I don't think you're a "trouble maker" for a second, and I dare say you have caused him exactly zero trouble in posting here...however, it is clear that you feel somehow "guilty" (for want of a better word) that you have! Whatever your reason for your sudden "guilt - pang" I respect - but don't go saying "sorry" less you lied!!! I don't believe you lied so "slander" goes out of the window!!!;)

All the best! Emma

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sankie magic at work ....

Originally, coming back from the DR, I learned some new information about this whole Sankie problem that goes on there. Instead of doing the right thing, I have done the wrong thing. I have slandered people that I really shouldn't have because I don't know them, and so they are, that is their business and not for me to gossip about them.

Therefore, this will be my last thread and post about them or any of these people for that matter.

For those that do go to Majestic Colonial, I will say that you will have a wonderful time and that no matter where you travel in Dominican Republic just beware of this problem as any problem when you travel.

As for now, for me Adios........................:laugh:
Not slander .... rather, a dissatisfied client. You'll have a wonderful time on your next trip - you know "knowledge is power":cool:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Perhaps, your sankie trip was more fun ....

.... and this is the type of $hit I return too.... lord

is this a joke ?
And successful. Pray tell about your sankie excursion .... looks like all others are crap compared to your's :ermm: :bunny:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's what I don't understand.

Happy, to my knowledge never mentioned the name of the resort or the guy's name in her first thread. On Sunday she started another thread with an apology and the name of the resort in the title. I blended the two together, I think she is very creative in getting out the name of the resort in case someone knows him or she's planning on returning to the resort and doesn't want any hard feelings ;) with this guy that took her money.

I don't know what goes on in these minds :rolleyes:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

Happy, to my knowledge never mentioned the name of the resort or the guy's name in her first thread. On Sunday she started another thread with an apology and the name of the resort in the title. I blended the two together, I think she is very creative in getting out the name of the resort in case someone knows him or she's planning on returning to the resort and doesn't want any hard feelings ;) with this guy that took her money.

she did mention it, well someone else did, and maybe someone got in trouble...

In case you guys are curious...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy and I were at the Majestic Colonial....
Lots of Sankies in training there. Not quite advance evel yet LOL!

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
1) You love the hispanic culture but want to return to an AI in the Dominican Republic where you will continue to experience absolutely no culture worth seeing.

2) You go out dancing and drinking with horny dominican guys because you love the attention, yet you don't want any of them touching you.

3) He "took" your money(did he rob you at gunpoint, or was it a subtle persuasion?) yet you still want to keep in touch with him.

Everyone please re-read this post and wonder no longer why some of us would rather screw dominican whores than date women from wherever the hell this one is from.

Sometimes its' not the domincans, its the tourists. And this one is a prime example.:ermm:

I totally agree with you!!

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006

Hmmm...have just read on another thread the General Manager of mentioned resort is a member here. Kind of WONDER if somebody is attempting to "make good" bad press in a bid to make sure sankie keeps his job???:paranoid: Returning/cares for the guy/in contact me suspect!:ninja:

Other than that: You and your blending/linking Anna! You're not good for my already lost and confused head!:eek:

What sanity I have leads me to support the notion of Berzin and perlanegra - this sankie business kind of makes me wonder how much of the blame can be placed at the feet of dominicans...There is no denying the fact that I have been to the DR only once - but by the TIME I went I was clued up on such sankie folk due to the fact that I got educated on the country BEFORE I visited. IS it fair to over-look ignorance when the means to "find out" is SOOOO damn easy? Is it right to blame dominicans when those who fall "victim" didn't give the sankie's country the grace of research before hopping on a plane (research that would have saved them the heart-ache)? I'm kind of torn between knowing what sankies do is wrong and the sheer frustration that "victims" more often than not ONLY do their research on their return...THEN they have interest in a country alright as their "loved one" suddenly lives there!!!:tired:

I'm not a horrible person but for the LOVE OF GOD I wonder why so many travel ignorant. Talk about "setting yaself up for a fall"!!! IF you have chosen to visit a country FAAAARRRR away from home for a holiday (usually for 2 weeks) ISN'T IT IN YOUR DAMN INTEREST to make the most of that holiday? To LEARN and be knowledgable BEFORE you go??? Have these people who chose NOT to learn ANY idea how much they could offend the locals purely by wearing incorrect clothing alone if they go to a another shore blind-folded?????:paranoid: WHERE'S the respect if you learn on return only?????:ninja: I truely am amazed how little people WANT to learn about countries they visit...only seeking information once some bloke they fancy met 'em by the pool one day! Really, just "ARRRGGGHHH!!!"

*deep breath* Calm, calm, calm thoughts Emma *and breath out*

This is a really nasty thing to say but sometimes it DOES cross my mind when the latest "victim" posts: "YUP! You were wronged - no denying it BUT (kind of!) serves you right for being an ignorant damn tourist that did not see fit to research before you left home...":eek: SUCH is my despair at ignorant travellers!!!

...End of hissy fit! Emma;)