Jan 16, 2009
NOAA Radar

1000x1000.jpg

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Forward Speed is a bit slower this morning, only 10-12mphr.
We saw the awaited significant power loss during the night, as the wind shear collapsed the system of Lee,
while it's max sustained wind forces are now again Cat3/ca115-120mphr, it's perfect construction Kit went down the drain and it has to build it all over again.
The wind shear is now located a piece N of the Storm, so it should be able to rebuild and recover, conditions allow to gain higher forces quickly again,
unless wind shear would move down and the Storm run full into it on a NW-Nwards heading.
The important notice for us Islanders is the small change on Tracking.
The Storm has now an open Path/Corridor to turn NNW and N wards shortly before even reaching a position N of the Mona Channel.
This will safe our N and E shores many hours of less received surf powers on our fragile beaches.
I expect to see the Storm slow down even more and rebuild it's structure, regaining powers to stay a Mayor Hurricane Cat3-4.
Then we will see how the wind shear moved once the Storm turned, running full into that wind shear would make a nice difference for any locations on the further path up NW and N, wind shear moving down/out would allow the Storm to become more powerful again, then,
but it already surpassed it's maximum power possibilities in case of wind forces without coming near any land, that's good.

Reactions: snowqueen

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Should be some surf at Encuentro Beach, but Lee will pass quite far north of Cabarete with closest approach about 2 AM Wednesday. We could use some rain.

084731_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Should be some surf at Encuentro Beach, but Lee will pass quite far north of Cabarete with closest approach about 2 AM Wednesday. We could use some rain.

084731_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png
We had here at my place some very nice rain with thunder a few times last night and this early morning.
Has nothing to do with Hurricane Lee, actually we are on the SEern Province under the influence of a Vaguada, which provides that always needed sweet stuff.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We had here at my place some very nice rain with thunder a few times last night and this early morning.
Has nothing to do with Hurricane Lee, actually we are on the SEern Province under the influence of a Vaguada, which provides that always needed sweet stuff.
We have had thunderstorms pop up inland from Cabarete, but no rain fell where I am near the coast. We need some rain to keep the weeds on my lawn green.

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Predictions show even more northerly turn :

144613_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png
Yes, and that's all good for us on this Trend.
We have to continue watching the up dates for changes on Tracking for many more days to come,
as this turn/tracking completely depends on the drifts and changes of the High Pressure Ridge and several Low pressure Areas around the predicted Path of the Storm, as those decide where it will be steered to and those steering conditions are in permanent movement.
But so far all looks very fine for our Island.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
here it is

600x600.jpg
That's not Radar, it is just the Sat shot which shows the whole visible cloud cover moved around.
Those clouds do not mean any harms and for wide part do not even significate rain falls.
But Yes, the TS Force Windfield of Hurricane Lee is spreading out to it's NW/N/NE and E for a super far distance, but all that is directions away from us and we will see later this afternoon how it managed the reconstructions to gain powers again after it got last nights slap.
Anyways, the actual tracking forecasts bring it too far away from us other than worries for some beaches along Northern Samana and North Shores,
as the high sea outlook does still not look anything good and those swells are anyways already on their way.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
All the cloud cover here in Cab and we can't get one miserable drop of rain. We couldn't get rain here if God was melting ice cubes over our heads. Is it that much to ask for?? 😡
After our several beautiful strong showers last night and by Dawn this morning, we are here on the Ranch also on super hot burning skies, I am sitting in the shade of the front porch with a super cold half liter german beer and still i am soaked wet swetting.
absolutely zero breeze to feel here to bring any relief.
It is to me today one of the most soaking wet humid days of the year so far.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
After our several beautiful strong showers last night and by Dawn this morning, we are here on the Ranch also on super hot burning skies, I am sitting in the shade of the front porch with a super cold half liter german beer and still i am soaked wet swetting.
absolutely zero breeze to feel here to bring any relief.
It is to me today one of the most soaking wet humid days of the year so far.
Noch eiene runda bitte

• Haha
Reactions: MikeFisher

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Help yourself to some of ours in Santo Domingo we have plenty to spare

Yeah, same here in San Cris. Sunny day, then a whole bunch of thunder, cats and dogs for a minute or so, then back to cloudy.

Weird day.

Status
Not open for further replies.