Interested in OZEMPIC?

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I'm on Mounjaro and I have to remember to eat,it kills your appetite completely. I have a "cheat" day twice a month,I ordered a pizza and prior to going on a diet I could kill a large pizza in 20 minutes by myself easily,I ate two pieces and was borderline repulsed looking at the pizza,I just didn't want to eat it,hard to describe but it works. All the nurses at my doctor's office are on it,they buy it from compounding pharmacies and pay roughly $300.usd for a month supply,there are dozens of places to buy it online. They have all lost weight.

Reactions: JD Jones

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well there are ads now on TV for those who experienced side effects for using Osempic after being subscribed it for weight loss.
Contact Morgan & Morgan

Reactions: CristoRey

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Live to 100 is a documentary series (4 episodes)..... might be worth a watch.

One thing is to stop eating when 80% full.... as mentioned above

It's a good series

I watched that series great information seems like they all are active walking up hills and having something to do in the morning a purpose for living

Reactions: colmcb

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I'm on Mounjaro and I have to remember to eat,it kills your appetite completely. I have a "cheat" day twice a month,I ordered a pizza and prior to going on a diet I could kill a large pizza in 20 minutes by myself easily,I ate two pieces and was borderline repulsed looking at the pizza,I just didn't want to eat it,hard to describe but it works. All the nurses at my doctor's office are on it,they buy it from compounding pharmacies and pay roughly $300.usd for a month supply,there are dozens of places to buy it online. They have all lost weight.
how much weight did you actually lose and the time frame?

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
how much weight did you actually lose and the time frame?
I have lost about 125 pounds. My weight loss/health journey started quite some time prior to going on Mounjaro. I averaged about 5 pounds of weight loss per month prior to using Mounjaro but I would fall off of the wagon consistently until I made some changes but it was a very difficult struggle.
Since being on Mounjaro I have consistently lost 10 pounds a month on average but that includes being on a whole foods plant based diet also. The biggest thing for me is the lack of appetite,that is a godsend.
I have had to go off of Mounjaro for a month because I recently had major surgery and the hospital (not my doctor) told me that they would not allow the surgery to be performed if I wasn't off of Mounjaro for at least two weeks prior to the surgery. I had my surgery done in Atlanta Georgia and I did not bring any Mounjaro with me and I have been holed up in a hotel while I recover,I have been given the go ahead to fly so I am flying home tomorrow and as soon as I walk into my house I will go straight for the fridge and jab myself with my Mounjaro. This medicine is a modern miracle I don't give a rat's behind what any of the conspiracy theorists think,you know who you are.
Oh,and my blood sugar has been as consistently within a range that no diabetes medicine could possibly accomplish with me. I was type 2 diabetic for over 20 years and my doctor has declared that I no longer have diabetes. My A1C has been 5.0 since being on Mounjaro,I get it checked every month.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
We need to keep this DR related. In order to keep healthy, weight loss, etc... what diet/choices has anyone made while living in the DR?

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
We need to keep this DR related. In order to keep healthy, weight loss, etc... what diet/choices has anyone made while living in the DR?
I found that a healthy diet that is "palatable" is very costly in DR. I tried olives, feta, olive oils, fish, etc... all very expensive for me. One can only do so much with chicken breast, eggs, boiled green banana and beans lol. I try to keep a stock of the above though when the budget permits. Fish like salmon and tuna are out of my range. I used to run for years in my 20s and 30s, including some marathons. A few bike accidents and 20 years later, I depend on walking for exercise. Of course trying to avoid extreme heat is tough.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Great Hijo...Never thought of the cost... How is anyone else doing this?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Great Hijo...Never thought of the cost... How is anyone else doing this?
I don't have any problem affording whatever I want to eat. I like my olives and Feda cheese. Only tuna and salmon I get here are canned. I love chicken but only eat meat about three days a week. Lots of salads and root veggies for me. I eat oatmeal with raisins almost every day for breakfast. We get a lot of fruit given to us by clients and relatives. Lots of bananas, plantains, Avocadoes, batata...etc.

Reactions: keepcoming

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I don't have any problem affording whatever I want to eat. I like my olives and Feda cheese. Only tuna and salmon I get here are canned. I love chicken but only eat meat about three days a week. Lots of salads and root veggies for me. I eat oatmeal with raisins almost every day for breakfast. We get a lot of fruit given to us by clients and relatives. Lots of bananas, plantains, Avocadoes, batata...etc.
FeTA is delicious, but I just saw in Janet's today the price went up in the President brand chunk, it may be 4 or 5 oz to 500 pesos! I love brussel sprouts but they are also $$$ in Playero. We do eat a lot of broccoli, cauliflower and fresh green beans. I despise oatmeal. I will have some poached eggs on whole wheat some days for bfast. Avocado, sliced tomatoes, etc it all gets so 😴

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
FeTA is delicious, but I just saw in Janet's today the price went up in the President brand chunk, it may be 4 or 5 oz to 500 pesos! I love brussel sprouts but they are also $$$ in Playero. We do eat a lot of broccoli, cauliflower and fresh green beans. I despise oatmeal. I will have some poached eggs on whole wheat some days for bfast. Avocado, sliced tomatoes, etc it all gets so 😴
I only eat old fashion rolled oats and soak them overnight and then rinse them. I eat peppers almost every day, along with cabbage, usually the purple stuff, spinach, broccoli, but rarely cauliflower.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I only eat old fashion rolled oats and soak them overnight and then rinse them. I eat peppers almost every day, along with cabbage, usually the purple stuff, spinach, broccoli, but rarely cauliflower.
A few years back there was this pescadería on the Callejón. I got a whole snapper. I prepped with celery, carrot onion and seasoning, steamed in aluminum. Now I really enjoy that. Apparently Snapper is triple the price now and scarce. It's tough in DR food wise.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Live to 100 is a documentary series (4 episodes)..... might be worth a watch.

One thing is to stop eating when 80% full.... as mentioned above

It's a good series

That reminds me of when someone used to tell my old surveying party chief:
"Have a nice day", he would respond
"No thanks, I have other plans".

I don't want to live to be 100. My mom did and it's just not for me.

Even living in DR eating healthy, breathing ocean air - I'm thinking 88 is about my limit. 'Double Ocho, gracias'.

I'm already limiting alcohol consumption, even coffee. Next it will be sex - yeah like that's not already limited.

But when I can't go up stairs or get off the toilet by myself I'm going for a one way swim in Sosua Bay and everyone can watch the helicopters searching for my old arse.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Even living in DR eating healthy, breathing ocean air - I'm thinking 88 is about my limit. 'Double Ocho, gracias'.

I'm already limiting alcohol consumption, even coffee. Next it will be sex - yeah like that's not already limited.

But when I can't go up stairs or get off the toilet by myself I'm going for a one way swim in Sosua Bay and everyone can watch the helicopters searching for my old arse.
You'd be surprised how active these centenarians are !

Very spry and alert...... watch episode 1..... Okinawa........ lifestyle, diet and activity

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I found that a healthy diet that is "palatable" is very costly in DR. I tried olives, feta, olive oils, fish, etc... all very expensive for me. One can only do so much with chicken breast, eggs, boiled green banana and beans lol. I try to keep a stock of the above though when the budget permits. Fish like salmon and tuna are out of my range. I used to run for years in my 20s and 30s, including some marathons. A few bike accidents and 20 years later, I depend on walking for exercise. Of course trying to avoid extreme heat is tough.
yes it is tough here with the heat in the day ..I try to walk every morning than run up and down my stairs a few time and after eating I take the hounds for a walk.. I am a senior folks who live next to me think Im nuts they may have a point.

Reactions: chico bill

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I have lost about 125 pounds. My weight loss/health journey started quite some time prior to going on Mounjaro. I averaged about 5 pounds of weight loss per month prior to using Mounjaro but I would fall off of the wagon consistently until I made some changes but it was a very difficult struggle.
Since being on Mounjaro I have consistently lost 10 pounds a month on average but that includes being on a whole foods plant based diet also. The biggest thing for me is the lack of appetite,that is a godsend.
I have had to go off of Mounjaro for a month because I recently had major surgery and the hospital (not my doctor) told me that they would not allow the surgery to be performed if I wasn't off of Mounjaro for at least two weeks prior to the surgery. I had my surgery done in Atlanta Georgia and I did not bring any Mounjaro with me and I have been holed up in a hotel while I recover,I have been given the go ahead to fly so I am flying home tomorrow and as soon as I walk into my house I will go straight for the fridge and jab myself with my Mounjaro. This medicine is a modern miracle I don't give a rat's behind what any of the conspiracy theorists think,you know who you are.
Oh,and my blood sugar has been as consistently within a range that no diabetes medicine could possibly accomplish with me. I was type 2 diabetic for over 20 years and my doctor has declared that I no longer have diabetes. My A1C has been 5.0 since being on Mounjaro,I get it checked every month.
congratulations .I was just curious how it works seems to be working pretty good for you.. can you buy it in DR

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You'd be surprised how active these centenarians are !

Very spry and alert...... watch episode 1..... Okinawa........ lifestyle, diet and activity
Well I'm 26 years away from being a century old and I would not describe myself as spry now, so I don't think I will be doing tai chi with the people of Okinawa at 100. (I'll be a feeding worms on the end of someone's hook)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Key phrase there. I'll know when it's time.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Well there are ads now on TV for those who experienced side effects for using Osempic after being subscribed it for weight loss.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
I have mixed feelings about this drug. It is saving Denmarks economy. Without the pharmaceutical industry the Danish economy would be in a recession. Instead it’s booming. I don’t think they really know enough about the side effects and I think it is only recommended for people with serious chronic weight problems. Like people who can hardly walk. I am certainly not taking it and I am not sure I would be able to get it here in Denmark where it’s from. When I lived in the DR I was skinnier or less overweight. Like it has been posted I also believe more in diet and exercise. I know I eat too much. If I don’t exercise I put on weight.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
yes it is tough here with the heat in the day ..I try to walk every morning than run up and down my stairs a few time and after eating I take the hounds for a walk.. I am a senior folks who live next to me think Im nuts they may have a point.
During the very warm months in the DR it really gets difficult to exercise there. For outside it has to be very early or late in the afternoon. I can recommend swimming if you have access to good facilities.