Interested in OZEMPIC?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I found that a healthy diet that is "palatable" is very costly in DR. I tried olives, feta, olive oils, fish, etc... all very expensive for me. One can only do so much with chicken breast, eggs, boiled green banana and beans lol. I try to keep a stock of the above though when the budget permits. Fish like salmon and tuna are out of my range. I used to run for years in my 20s and 30s, including some marathons. A few bike accidents and 20 years later, I depend on walking for exercise. Of course trying to avoid extreme heat is tough.
If you can only walk and not run I recommend swimming. It has low impact. You can get your puls up with trying to sprint at the end. You can start by doing exercises in the water. Maybe walking in the pool and walking a bit faster.

Reactions: colmcb

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
If you can only walk and not run I recommend swimming. It has low impact. You can get your puls up with trying to sprint at the end. You can start by doing exercises in the water. Maybe walking in the pool and walking a bit faster.
Yes I concur swimming is excellent, as long as one doesn't do it in polluted Cabarete bay

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Yes I concur swimming is excellent, as long as one doesn't do it in polluted Cabarete bay
I am not to keen on the ocean swimming and not alone. The best is pool but they can be polluted too. Often more so if there are many tourists with kids. In Cabarete there was that hotel with an exercise pool but I think it closed.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And here's something for you to Google: VK2735

In studies it has been much more effective than what's currently available, up to 5 times more weight loss.

I stopped using Ozempic for a while; I want to wait just a little longer to see what happens.

What I found surprising about Ozempic is that the pharmacies here have the .25 -.5 mg. dose pen, while what is always presented on TV ads is the 1, 2, and 3 mg dose pens.

There is another option on the market I read about, but I can't find it again for the life of me.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
And here's something for you to Google: VK2735

In studies it has been much more effective than what's currently available, up to 5 times more weight loss.

I stopped using Ozempic for a while; I want to wait just a little longer to see what happens.

What I found surprising about Ozempic is that the pharmacies here have the .25 -.5 mg. dose pen, while what is always presented on TV ads is the 1, 2, and 3 mg dose pens.

There is another option on the market I read about, but I can't find it again for the life of me.
Wegovy ?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
No, that has been around for a while. The one I'm referring to is not on the market yet, but I remember reading that it causes you to lose weight in a different way than what's on the market now.
I'm going to try to find it again. Maybe it's in my history.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Ouch! Do you know how Ozempic works? It eliminates your hunger signals to your brain so you don't eat.
How about a person using their brain for self control and self motivation.

A possible way to control many addictions.

It's about a way of life, health, to live a better and longer life.
For some this is motivation enough.

Yet many opt to pop a pill, inject, take drugs, anything which does not involve discipline.
The same is true for money and wealth acquisition.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
How about a person using their brain for self control and self motivation.

A possible way to control many addictions.

It's about a way of life, health, to live a better and longer life.
For some this is motivation enough.

Yet many opt to pop a pill, inject, take drugs, anything which does not involve discipline.
The same is true for money and wealth acquisition.
Ozempic is used by diabetics primarily. I think so anyway

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I am hoping for a pill to replace exercise.
Found it.

What is the new weight loss drug mimics exercise?

Long thought a pipe dream, scientists have discovered a drug that mimics the effects of exercise. Earlier this year, a new candidate weight loss drug called SLU-PP-332 was found to boost muscular and aerobic endurance in mice. In a new study, researchers observed its effects on weight control and metabolism.Oct 12, 2023

Reactions: slowmo

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Found it.

What is the new weight loss drug mimics exercise?

Long thought a pipe dream, scientists have discovered a drug that mimics the effects of exercise. Earlier this year, a new candidate weight loss drug called SLU-PP-332 was found to boost muscular and aerobic endurance in mice. In a new study, researchers observed its effects on weight control and metabolism.Oct 12, 2023

This whole development seems scary to me. What about the side effects of these new drugs?

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
This whole development seems scary to me. What about the side effects of these new drugs?
I have read about many very bad issued with this drug ie you have to take it forever, and damage it can cause. It is apparently going to be a cash cow for the producerz. Banned in europs.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I have read about many very bad issued with this drug ie you have to take it forever, and damage it can cause. It is apparently going to be a cash cow for the producerz. Banned in europs.
Which one?

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Which one?
From chat with gpt
Ozempic is not banned in Europe. It is authorized for use in the European Union. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) assessed Ozempic and recommended its authorization in the EU for the treatment of adults with insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise. It can be used as monotherapy when metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications, or in addition to other medicinal products for diabetes treatment1. However, it’s essential to consult with a doctor or pharmacist for practical information on using Ozempic.

While Ozempic is authorized, some European countries have taken specific actions related to its export or use:

Remember that this information is subject to change, so it’s essential to stay informed through official channels and consult healthcare professionals for personalized advice.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
From chat with gpt
Ozempic is not banned in Europe. It is authorized for use in the European Union. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) assessed Ozempic and recommended its authorization in the EU for the treatment of adults with insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus as an adjunct to diet and exercise. It can be used as monotherapy when metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications, or in addition to other medicinal products for diabetes treatment1. However, it’s essential to consult with a doctor or pharmacist for practical information on using Ozempic.

While Ozempic is authorized, some European countries have taken specific actions related to its export or use:

Remember that this information is subject to change, so it’s essential to stay informed through official channels and consult healthcare professionals for personalized advice.
The use of Ozempic is limited in some EU countries because of lack of availability. It is only prescribed to diabetes 2 patients. Nothing to do with possible side-effects.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I've lost a chit ton on Mounjaro,I had to remind myself to eat,it just kills your appetite,great stuff. I also started walking and cut out processed foods but Mounjaro helped big time. I would recommend it to anyone that struggles with weight loss. There are generics that are easily available online too for people that don't have the insurance to pay the $1200.usd a month.for the branded Mounjaro. Medicare covered it for me. But I travel a lot so I buy three months worth of the generic online and bring it with me when I travel.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
The use of Ozempic is limited in some EU countries because of lack of availability. It is only prescribed to diabetes 2 patients. Nothing to do with possible side-effects.
Just my opinion but i think it would be better to wait a year when more is known about negative/positive results.